Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Restuarants you go to monthly (not high end, like Mortons)

Silver
    Load Metric

Best Restuarants you go to monthly (not high end, like Mortons)

I like the following in rotation:

Breakfast: IHOP. Eggs, Bacon, Hashbrowns, wheat toast. I always get a side of pancakes, but never eat them

Lunch: Applebees. I like Tomato Basil soup and they have a $5.99 deal with a salad (even though its a cheap lunch I always leave the waitress a $5 spot)

Dinner: Outback. I saw a post where Outback got ruined. It's not Ruth's Chris, and it never said it was. It's a mid level steak and seafood joint and is the best of class. I got a 10 ounce prime rib the other night with a salad and baked potato. It was like $16. After a couple glasses of wine my tab was in the low 30s. Naturally I left a $10 spot.

Load Metric
    If any of you have one of these near you, I HIGHLY recommend it.

Excellent food, and the items on the menu are all under 500 calories, which is hard to believe.

http://www.seasons52.com/

Diamond
    Load Metric
    LOL @ Morton's being high end. Tonight I am planning on experiencing one of the most inspiring tastings in all of the United States.

Load Metric
    http://www.tomahawkrestaurant.com/index.html

this is the only restaurant we go to with any regularity, easily the best greasy spoon in lower mainland.

and very close to our house.

when Chick and his brother opened a small coffee shop in cabins-to-rent operation in what is now Heywood Park in North Vancouver.
    Next came Chamberlain's own restaurant on Marine Drive where the Norgate Shopping Centre is now located. This was the original Tomahawk Barbecue, opened in 1926. It was Vancouver's first drive in restaurant. Cars would drive up to the front, Chick would come out to get the order, go back in the restaurant to cook it, then deliver it to the car.
    "He admitted that it didn't really work out to well because it was dusty in those days as most of the roads and parking spots in the area were not paved."

But the drive-in aspect of the restaurant wasn't the main business anyways. Business inside was pretty good, considering the great depression had arrived in the early 1920's. Chick was usually busy keeping the customers in his 14 stools happy. The original 14 stools have been recovered since those days, and are now at the counter in the present location. The stools were arranged in horseshoe fashion, and the grill was in the middle. Customers could see exactly what Chick was doing, and there was always lots of conversation.
    Before the days of the Lions Gate Bridge, the Tomahawk was the place everybody met on the North Shore. If there was a school dance you could find a bunch of kids there when the dance was over.
    Chick admitted, quite frankly, that he really didn't know how to cook in the beginning. But he learned. He grew his own mushrooms, made his own pickles, his own syrup for milkshakes, and raised his own chickens.
    And get these prices! A barbecued beef sandwich, 10 cents, and barbecued chicken sandwich, 10 cents. What a deal!

Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 10-21-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Tonight I am planning on experiencing one of the most inspiring tastings in all of the United States.
    tell him we said hello

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post

Breakfast: IHOP. Eggs, Bacon, Hashbrowns, wheat toast. I always get a side of pancakes, but never eat them

Lunch: Applebees. I like Tomato Basil soup and they have a $5.99 deal with a salad (even though its a cheap lunch I always leave the waitress a $5 spot)

Dinner: Outback. I saw a post where Outback got ruined. It's not Ruth's Chris, and it never said it was. It's a mid level steak and seafood joint and is the best of class. I got a 10 ounce prime rib the other night with a salad and baked potato. It was like $16. After a couple glasses of wine my tab was in the low 30s. Naturally I left a $10 spot.
    No offense but those three places are pretty much worthless if you like good food. You can find better breakfasts and soups at almost any locally owned and operated restaurant for the same price. Obv you're not going to get good prime rib and wine in that price range no matter where you go; personally I'd rather eat good chicken than shitty steak or prime rib. It's been mentioned before but the only thing worth eating at Outback is the Bloomin Onion.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

this is the only restaurant we go to with any regularity, easily the best greasy spoon in lower mainland.

when Chick and his brother opened a small coffee shop in cabins-to-rent operation in what is now Heywood Park in North Vancouver.
    Next came Chamberlain's own restaurant on Marine Drive where the Norgate Shopping Centre is now located. This was the original Tomahawk Barbecue, opened in 1926. It was Vancouver's first drive in restaurant. Cars would drive up to the front, Chick would come out to get the order, go back in the restaurant to cook it, then deliver it to the car.
    "He admitted that it didn't really work out to well because it was dusty in those days as most of the roads and parking spots in the area were not paved."

But the drive-in aspect of the restaurant wasn't the main business anyways. Business inside was pretty good, considering the great depression had arrived in the early 1920's. Chick was usually busy keeping the customers in his 14 stools happy. The original 14 stools have been recovered since those days, and are now at the counter in the present location. The stools were arranged in horseshoe fashion, and the grill was in the middle. Customers could see exactly what Chick was doing, and there was always lots of conversation.
    Before the days of the Lions Gate Bridge, the Tomahawk was the place everybody met on the North Shore. If there was a school dance you could find a bunch of kids there when the dance was over.
    Chick admitted, quite frankly, that he really didn't know how to cook in the beginning. But he learned. He grew his own mushrooms, made his own pickles, his own syrup for milkshakes, and raised his own chickens.
    And get these prices! A barbecued beef sandwich, 10 cents, and barbecued chicken sandwich, 10 cents. What a deal!

Amazing I have been around the lower mainland/N.Van for 20 some years and I've not heard of the Tomahawk. There have been a few locales featured on DDD and they make your mouth water....I will def. see out Tomahawk next time I hit the bit city.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    by the way, WHAT A DIPSHIPT OSA is. 60$ a steak isn't high end you dumb fag just shut up for the rest of your putrid life

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post

No offense but those three places are pretty much worthless if you like good food. You can find better breakfasts and soups at almost any locally owned and operated restaurant for the same price.

as far as dinner goes I like to hit up the downtown spots, mexican town, greektown etc are both amazing. I also enjoy Arabic and basically all these spots are not franchises.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    No offense but those three places are pretty much worthless if you like good food. You can find better breakfasts and soups at almost any locally owned and operated restaurant for the same price.

as far as dinner goes I like to hit up the downtown spots, mexican town, greektown etc are both amazing. I also enjoy Arabic and basically all these spots are not franchises.

no one cares phony. shut it up

Load Metric

No offense but those three places are pretty much worthless if you like good food. You can find better breakfasts and soups at almost any locally owned and operated restaurant for the same price. Obv you're not going to get good prime rib and wine in that price range no matter where you go; personally I'd rather eat good chicken than shitty steak or prime rib. It's been mentioned before but the only thing worth eating at Outback is the Bloomin Onion.
    Pretty much this.

In San Jose is a spot called "Just Breakfast" I like to go to with pals or girls after sex (obv I mean after sex with girls) and for dinner I dig a lot of mex restaurants totally off the grid. The best food comes not from a fancy ad but from the long line waiting patiently for grub imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Pretty much this.

In San Jose is a spot called "Just Breakfast" I like to go to with pals or girls after sex (obv I mean after sex with girls) and for dinner I dig a lot of mex restaurants totally off the grid. The best food comes not from a fancy ad but from the long line waiting patiently for grub imo.

What a novel concept.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

Have never heard of the place but probably drove by many at time. Another restaurant featured on that show was place called Meat and Bread(I think).....they offer three or four sandwiches per day and that's it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    A local place that I think would hit it big just about anywhere (other than Louisiana for obv reasons) is a "fast" food cajun place. We have 2 in our college area and both do really well. I can't believe more haven't popped up in other places. It is a pretty simple concept. They have a rotating menu that they make daily and have listed on a chalkboard. They keep everything cooking slow in large pots and serve the sauce up over your choice of penne pasta or white rice and a piece of bread. It is <$10 meal and usually the best spot to go for a quick lunch/dinner.

Load Metric
    Hey remember that time the 32 year old BPD drug addict who lived off cake mix and his neighbors garbage weighed in on the fine points of high end cuisine in this thread?

Man that was hilars.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    by the way, WHAT A DIPSHIPT OSA is. 60$ a steak isn't high end you dumb fag just shut up for the rest of your putrid life

What do you consider a high end steak?

Ive had a lot of convos with OSA about NY steak houses and he seems to be very much on point, is why I ask, and most of them are charging around $60, that neighborhood, unless youre getting like the chateaubriand...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Ive had a lot of convos with OSA about NY steak houses and he seems to be very much on point, is why I ask, and most of them are charging around $60, that neighborhood, unless youre getting like the chateaubriand...
    I wondered if this was more a factor of Canada having to import beef from the US and that driving up the price. You can get Prime Steaks in that $60 range all over the US and that would generally be an exceptional steak if the cook knows what they are doing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

I wondered if this was more a factor of Canada having to import beef from the US and that driving up the price. You can get Prime Steaks in that $60 range all over the US and that would generally be an exceptional steak if the cook knows what they are doing.
    I've been treated to a vnice steak 3-4 times recently in SF and the upper-average range definitely sits around $60 for a pretty damned nice steak in a fairly upscale restaurant. I dress for an interview when eating at such an establishment is how I measure how "upscale" the place is, and to date have never eaten above $60 for a cut of beef.

Perhaps if I were rich things would change, but sadly I am not, and wealthy gays buying me dinner has gotten me as close as I might ever get to a "fine meal" thus $60 will do for now.
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    jabber jabber.
    flim flam

/fin

Thread Information