Thread: Why do so many cars in Eastern Europe/Asia have dash cameras?

Load Metric

Why do so many cars in Eastern Europe/Asia have dash cameras?

I sometimes go to liveleak.com to see fucked up videos. A lot of these videos consist of innocent citizens getting owned by drunk russians with cameras installed in their cars.

It is actually a good idea and wonder if it will catch on here. Question is I wonder why they are so popular there? Is it to prevent people from faking getting hit by your car?

Banned
    Load Metric
    I don't know if they use dash cameras more than we do, but I would love it if more people here used them. Not only because it would provide us with more entertainment, but because so many cops abusing authority would get shamed on YouTube.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    I sometimes go to liveleak.com to see fucked up videos. A lot of these videos consist of innocent citizens getting owned by drunk russians with cameras installed in their cars.

It is actually a good idea and wonder if it will catch on here. Question is I wonder why they are so popular there? Is it to prevent people from faking getting hit by your car?
    I'm very surprised it hasn't caught on here either. I'm going to be rigging one up in my truck soon. I'm debating having it record behind me too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

I'm very surprised it hasn't caught on here either. I'm going to be rigging one up in my truck soon. I'm debating having it record behind me too.
    I was thinking the same thing as well. Those videos made me want to research them and get one installed. It cant be too hard or expensive if the masses in Bulgaria have them.

Load Metric
    This was on reddit last week.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c12_1349902324

Apparently people dive in front of cars all the time in Russia, so people get dash cams as a defense.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

I was thinking the same thing as well. Those videos made me want to research them and get one installed. It cant be too hard or expensive if the masses in Bulgaria have them.
    Im thinking that if I had a camera recording all of the bullshit I have run into since I started driving, I probably could have made some serious $.

Thread Information