Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official President Obama / Govenor Romney Foreign Policy Debate Thread: 10-22-2012

Silver
    Load Metric

The Official President Obama / Govenor Romney Foreign Policy Debate Thread: 10-22-2012

When: 10-22-2012, 9pm (EST) until 10:30 (all major networks, FOX, CNN, MSNBC)

Where: Boca Raton, Florida

Moderator: Bob Schieffer, CBS News, age 75

This final debate is 15 days before the election and is technically a foreign policy debate, although that may not hold to form.

Posting this a couple days early given the events of Benghazi, Libya that are starting to receive a lot of attention and will likely be the focal point of the debate.

Banned
    Load Metric
    This should be another great debate.

I might even make popcorn.

Silver
    Load Metric
    It's a dead heat going into Monday's debate. Florida, North Carolina and Virginia are basically red now. Obama is still holding off Romney in Ohio by 2.1%. New Hampshire is now leaning Romney. Obama still has the slightest of edge in the electoral college. This is going to probably be the most watched debate since 1980 even with Monday Night Football competing.

RCP Average

10/7 - 10/19

Obama +0.1

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/?state=nwa

Silver
    Load Metric
    Latest Ohio poll. As of today, this state determines the election of President:

RCP Average 10/5 - 10/20 48.1 46.0 Obama +2.1

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...bama-1860.html

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post
    It's a dead heat going into Monday's debate. Florida, North Carolina and Virginia are basically red now. Obama is still holding off Romney in Ohio by 2.1%. New Hampshire is now leaning Romney. Obama still has the slightest of edge in the electoral college. This is going to probably be the most watched debate since 1980 even with Monday Night Football competing.

RCP Average

10/7 - 10/19

Obama +0.1

Why in the world would they schedule a debate against MNF?? Woudn't Tuesday have worked just fine?

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

RCP Average

10/7 - 10/19

Obama +0.1

I thought the same thing. I think ALL debates should be Sunday night 7:30-9pm. It's a break from football and sets the debate in the workplace Monday morning. And everyone is home to watch.

Why in the world would they schedule a debate against MNF?? Woudn't Tuesday have worked just fine?
    Last edited by RobbieBensonFan; 10-21-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Forum just fucked itself and merged my thread with TB

Load Metric
    . I think ALL debates should be Sunday night 7:30-9pm. It's a break from football
    Apparently by Sunday evenings you're too drunk to notice that there is nationally televised football game on.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    . I think ALL debates should be Sunday night 7:30-9pm. It's a break from football
    Apparently by Sunday evenings you're too drunk to notice that there is nationally televised football game on.
    HI STALKER!

THINGS ALL WELL AT 9:30 AM WITH A FAMILY NOW? OOOPS. YOU ARE TROLLING ME YET AGAIN.

Load Metric

HI STALKER!

THINGS ALL WELL AT 9:30 AM WITH A FAMILY NOW? OOOPS. YOU ARE TROLLING ME YET AGAIN.
    Totally serious question- do you remember starting this thread a week ago?

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/showthread.php?2689-Dirty-B-accomplished-his-mission-at-DonkDown

How many threads have I ever started about you?

Load Metric

RCP Average

10/7 - 10/19

Obama +0.1

Yes that is a fail. No question which one I watch so long as the game is good. Can always see the debate later on youtube.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Silver
    Load Metric

HI STALKER!

Totally serious question- do you remember starting this thread a week ago?

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/showthread.php?2689-Dirty-B-accomplished-his-mission-at-DonkDown

How many threads have I ever started about you?
    LOL. You are completely obsessed with me. There is No doubt. I am in YOUR brain and you think about me. Again. Again. And Again. Now please do a dance for me.

Load Metric
    LOL. You are completely obsessed with me.
    I just noticed your location. No obsession there at all.

I'll ask again- what is the tally of threads you've started about me vs threads I've started about you?

Load Metric
    It's hard to score a lot of points in a foreign policy debate because most Americans care a lot less about it than about domestic issues especially in a down economy.

Romney completely blows at foreign policy:

-- He admitted he had no interest in trying to improve the situation between the Israelis and Palestinians. Not that he advocated one position or another, he actually does not want to pay attention to it. In one of the same speeches to his supporters where he made a secretly recorded gaffe he said a former Secretary of State (he wouldn't say which one but I'd guess Kissinger or Albright) had called him to offer free advice on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and he said thanks but no thanks. Didn't even want to hear it. LMAO

-- He thinks Russia is the biggest threat to the US.

-- He says over and over that Obama has mishandled Iran, the uprising in Syria and the embassy attack in Benghazi. But he never says what he would do differently which seems to be a recurring theme with Romney. He also says that he would be "tougher on China" than Obama but doesn't say how or why (pretty LOL since at Bain he shipped American jobs off to China and took a tax break for doing so). It's pretty convenient to criticize without offering a solid alternative. It's even more convenient to criticize when you don't have to face the reality of actually being president and being pulled in a hundred different directions by every conceivable interest group both foreign and domestic, both friendly and not, and having to make decisions with potentially enormous consequences.

The world is volatile and isn't going to "play nice," but I'm sure after 4 years Romney will clean everything up and China, Iran, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan and North Korea will be as friendly as Disney World. The only place in the world that will still be in conflict will be Israel and the Palestinians because apparently he doesn't care about that one.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Politics makes for strange bedfellows.

Chavez, Castro, Putin: Four more years!

The latest [dictator] to publicly announce his support for the commander-in-chief’s reelection bid was Venezuela’s Hugo Chavez, who this week assured he’d vote for Obama if he were from the United States. The America-bashing strongman made the announcement on state-owned television, saying “Obama is a good guy” and that if Obama was from Caracas, he’d surely return the favor by voting for Chavez.

Earlier in the year the government-official daughter of Cuban military dictator Raul Castro proclaimed her country’s support for Obama during a visit to the U.S. “I believe that Obama needs another opportunity and he needs greater support to move forward with his projects and with his ideas, which I believe come from the bottom of his heart,” Mariela Castro said during a cable news interview. ...

That brings us to Russia’s Vladimir Putin, who has eliminated most elections in his country, monopolized all major media and destroyed the political party system. ... In a letter to a major newspaper, the president of a group dedicated to expanding freedom around the world points out that under Putin there has been an “across-the-board crackdown on civil society.” The piece goes on to ask: “Will Obama stand up against Putin’s abuses?” Unlikely, now that the Russian dictator has extended his endorsement.

Load Metric

The latest [dictator] to publicly announce his support for the commander-in-chief’s reelection bid was Venezuela’s Hugo Chavez, who this week assured he’d vote for Obama if he were from the United States. The America-bashing strongman made the announcement on state-owned television, saying “Obama is a good guy” and that if Obama was from Caracas, he’d surely return the favor by voting for Chavez.

Earlier in the year the government-official daughter of Cuban military dictator Raul Castro proclaimed her country’s support for Obama during a visit to the U.S. “I believe that Obama needs another opportunity and he needs greater support to move forward with his projects and with his ideas, which I believe come from the bottom of his heart,” Mariela Castro said during a cable news interview. ...

That brings us to Russia’s Vladimir Putin, who has eliminated most elections in his country, monopolized all major media and destroyed the political party system. ... In a letter to a major newspaper, the president of a group dedicated to expanding freedom around the world points out that under Putin there has been an “across-the-board crackdown on civil society.” The piece goes on to ask: “Will Obama stand up against Putin’s abuses?” Unlikely, now that the Russian dictator has extended his endorsement.

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric

And every KKK member supports Romney. What's your point?

If the Russian people have a problem with Putin, maybe they should do something about it. You seriously think Obama should get involved in internal Russian politics?

Load Metric
    Saudi King voting for groveler in chief
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    At :15, "I think it's unequivocal, Romney won..."

?!?!??!?!

Thread Information