Thread: New, improved "Albums" feature, new scribd tag -- PLUS numerous bug fixes to the site

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

New, improved "Albums" feature, new scribd tag -- PLUS numerous bug fixes to the site

Over the past two days, I decided to take several hours to fix various longstanding bugs and make a few improvements to the forum.

Thanks to Crowe Diddly for some very useful suggestions on things to fix/improve.

Anyway, here is what I have done:

IMPROVEMENTS

1. User Albums are now improved and easier to use/find.

What is a User Album? It's simply a place where you can story funny/interesting pictures, either for use on the forum or just to put a bunch of entertaining stuff all in one place.

User Albums are an under-utilized feature here because most people didn't know they existed. Indeed, there was no way to get a master list of all User Albums (a big deficiency in vBulletin, IMO), and it was hard to even find how to manage your own User Album.

You can now find all User Albums in the new and improved Albums section.

You can get to the Albums section by just clicking the Albums link right under the big "Forum" button near the top.

2. You can now embed scribd documents

Scribd.com is a service that hosts documents. It has already been used several times to host important/interesting documents related to poker.

You can now embed scribd.com documents directly to posts here.

Read about how to do this here: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...ure-scribd-tag

BUG FIXES

1. All PokerFraudAlert Radio episiodes are now on iTunes

I just noticed last night that iTunes was only picking up the last four episodes of PokerFraudAlert Radio. The RSS feed (which directed iTunes) also had the same problem.

I have fixed that bug, and now all episodes are available on iTunes.

Stitcher was not affected by this bug.

2. Thumbnails fixed

Certain areas of the site, such as the User Albums, were not creating thumbnail images properly. This problem occurred during the server move of late April, as this current server lacked certain imaging capabilities that the previous one had. I have installed some new imaging software, and the thumbnail problem is now fixed.

3. Upload links in User Albums were very hard to see

I changed the color of those links, so they stand out more.

4. Large (greater than 1MB) attachments can now be uploaded

Ever since this site existed, you would get a crazy popup error message if you tried to upload an attachment that exceeded 1 megabyte. This was due to a database problem, and I finally got around to fixing it.

Do you want to see more improvements here? Make them in the Bug Fixes and Suggestions forum.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Over the past two days, I decided to take several hours to fix various longstanding bugs and make a few improvements to the forum.

Thanks to Crowe Diddly for some very useful suggestions on things to fix/improve.

Anyway, here is what I have done:

IMPROVEMENTS

1. User Albums are now improved and easier to use/find.

What is a User Album? It's simply a place where you can story funny/interesting pictures, either for use on the forum or just to put a bunch of entertaining stuff all in one place.

User Albums are an under-utilized feature here because most people didn't know they existed. Indeed, there was no way to get a master list of all User Albums (a big deficiency in vBulletin, IMO), and it was hard to even find how to manage your own User Album.

You can now find all User Albums in the new and improved Albums section.

You can get to the Albums section by just clicking the Albums link right under the big "Forum" button near the top.

2. You can now embed scribd documents

Scribd.com is a service that hosts documents. It has already been used several times to host important/interesting documents related to poker.

You can now embed scribd.com documents directly to posts here.

Read about how to do this here: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...ure-scribd-tag

BUG FIXES

1. All PokerFraudAlert Radio episiodes are now on iTunes

I just noticed last night that iTunes was only picking up the last four episodes of PokerFraudAlert Radio. The RSS feed (which directed iTunes) also had the same problem.

I have fixed that bug, and now all episodes are available on iTunes.

Stitcher was not affected by this bug.

2. Thumbnails fixed

Certain areas of the site, such as the User Albums, were not creating thumbnail images properly. This problem occurred during the server move of late April, as this current server lacked certain imaging capabilities that the previous one had. I have installed some new imaging software, and the thumbnail problem is now fixed.

3. Upload links in User Albums were very hard to see

I changed the color of those links, so they stand out more.

4. Large (greater than 1MB) attachments can now be uploaded

Ever since this site existed, you would get a crazy popup error message if you tried to upload an attachment that exceeded 1 megabyte. This was due to a database problem, and I finally got around to fixing it.

Do you want to see more improvements here? Make them in the Bug Fixes and Suggestions forum.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, and you have to be logged in to view the Albums, so if you don't see the option, make sure you're logged in.

Sorry, lurkers.

Thread Information