Thread: Fantasy football

Bronze
    Load Metric

Fantasy football

I have Both RG3 and Aaron Rodgers. I need some serious work to my team... What type of trade should I propose?

Full team

Rodgers
    Torrey Smith
    Antonio Brown
    Mendenhall
    Murray
    Shandler
    Stephen Jackson
    RG3
    P. Garcon
    W. Powell
    Vincent Jackson
    Doug Martin

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'd look at your opponents teams and see if any of them are more stacked with WR/RB's and then work out a trade getting rid of either Rodgers or RG3 (I'd keep RG3) and look to improve those positions on your team.

Either of them guys are worth more then many WR's are and more then many RB's your opponents would trade so you should be looking for a few player trade giving up one QB and one mediocre WR/RB to get a few more quality WR's or quality WR and RB.

Look at your opponents teams roster and their record as well many because if they have a losing record without a good QB they will probably listen to a trade deal more then someone who is crushing it every week.

Load Metric
    The problem is, though, is there isn't a huge separation between the top 10 qb's in fantasy so far. Your best hope would be that someone else has either Stafford or Newton as their starter, with no decent backup, and they have depth at rb.

In that case you could probably pull off a Rodgers for "name any RB" straight up, or toss in wr's on both sides as well, with you getting a slight upgrade.

However, if the owners who drafted those 2 qb's also wound up with Luck, or Big Ben, or Fitzpatrick as their backup (at first) as well, you may be screwed when it comes to getting equal value.

Load Metric
    All I know is if Rivers doesn't get me 20 fantasy points tonight I am going to be pissed. I player him over Stafford and Dalton yesterday. I hate having to sweat a game knowing I would have won had I trusted my gut and not gone with the "experts" picks.

As far as your trade, you will not get equal points value for either one. You are pretty weak at RB, I would try to trade for a top 15 RB, which will still probably be tough. Slim pickens out there.

Load Metric
    Trade away RGIII. Some doucher will give you pots of gold and he will falter for them late in the season... or get injured.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It is tough to get great RBs. I've been scrambling in my main league as well and am stuck starting Ahmad Bradshaw (underrated fantasy RB when healthy) and Alfred Morris. I got like nobody else but my WR's have gave me some good production with guys like Victor Cruz, Jordy Nelson, and Vincent Jackson.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    It is tough to get great RBs. I've been scrambling in my main league as well and am stuck starting Ahmad Bradshaw (underrated fantasy RB when healthy) and Alfred Morris. I got like nobody else but my WR's have gave me some good production with guys like Victor Cruz, Jordy Nelson, and Vincent Jackson.

Go after RBs early and often in drafts. There are so few RBs that give good production AND aren't part of a RB by committee run game. There are plenty of very good, very productive WRs that can be had in the later rounds.

I play in a league that gives you the option to start 4 RBs (Two RB spots, one RB/WR flex and one QB/WR/RB/TE flex). Obviously everyone is going to start a QB in the second flex spot, so you start 3 RBs. I got Adrian Peterson, LeSean McCoy, and Trent Richardson in the first 4 rounds. Didn't take a WR until the 5th round and I wound up with Roddy White, Vincent Jackson, and Stevie Johnson.

On top of that, WRs fluctuate so much from year to year that they aren't worth the early round reach. Last year Calvin Johnson was far and away the best WR in the league in terms of fantasy, this season he's barely inside the top 10, trailing guys that could have been picked up much later in your draft like Roddy White or Randall Cobb.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post

Go after RBs early and often in drafts. There are so few RBs that give good production AND aren't part of a RB by committee run game. There are plenty of very good, very productive WRs that can be had in the later rounds.

I play in a league that gives you the option to start 4 RBs (Two RB spots, one RB/WR flex and one QB/WR/RB/TE flex). Obviously everyone is going to start a QB in the second flex spot, so you start 3 RBs. I got Adrian Peterson, LeSean McCoy, and Trent Richardson in the first 4 rounds. Didn't take a WR until the 5th round and I wound up with Roddy White, Vincent Jackson, and Stevie Johnson.

On top of that, WRs fluctuate so much from year to year that they aren't worth the early round reach. Last year Calvin Johnson was far and away the best WR in the league in terms of fantasy, this season he's barely inside the top 10, trailing guys that could have been picked up much later in your draft like Roddy White or Randall Cobb.
    I was fortunate enough to draft Foster, Charles and AP with my first 3 picks. Those 3 win some weeks by them selves. Throw in RG3, Vernon Davis and Peyton Manning and you'd think I were undefeated. I'm 3-3 and my WR, while weak, aren't terrible.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post

I fall in the category of people who took the worthless Chris Johnson bust and when it came around for my next pick their weren't any good backs left.

It's true though RB's are crucial as you usually can find a QB later and WR's are a dime a dozen either in late rounds and waivers once you see who is producing try to snap them up.

I seem to always lose the first few weeks in fantasy in many leagues then I'll make some waiver move pickups and my team will start crushing. I get stuck with a few busts or injuries it seems every year and it's those waiver moves I make that turns my team around.

Thread Information