Silver
    Load Metric

The Official President Obama / Governor Romney debate thread 10-16-2012

Date: 10-16-2012

Time: 9 pm EST

Moderator: Candy Crowley, CNN

Format: Town Hall

Polls: Obama 47.3 Romney 47.3 as of 10-15-2012

Generally speaking, Town Halls focus much more on social issues and economic issues. Foriegn Policy is generally an afterthought. It will be interesting to see if Benghazi is an issue in this type of format.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    So glad we have another debate thread. If we are still here in 4 years this place really needs a politics sub-forum.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I always thought the Town Hall format was stupid, and is just a lame ploy to make the "simple folk" believe that the Presidential candidates really listen to them.

Anyway, Obama will come out with a vastly different tactic this time, and will probably try to emulate Mitt Romney's style from last debate in order to neutralize him.

Or at least that's my guess.

It will be a lot harder for Mitt to clobber him as badly this time, but if he somehow does, he will have a real chance to win, and perhaps will be the favorite.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I always thought the Town Hall format was stupid, and is just a lame ploy to make the "simple folk" believe that the Presidential candidates really listen to them.

Anyway, Obama will come out with a vastly different tactic this time, and will probably try to emulate Mitt Romney's style from last debate in order to neutralize him.

Or at least that's my guess.

It will be a lot harder for Mitt to clobber him as badly this time, but if he somehow does, he will have a real chance to win, and perhaps will be the favorite.
    Pretty much all of this. Town Hall formats are the nut worst. And I agree that Obama will be much more aggressive this time around. I'm trying to buy this contract @ 51%:
    https://www.intrade.com/v4/markets/c...tractId=766621

But if Romney does really well again, it will give him a really good shot on election day. Stakes are pretty high. Also, both candidates do not want this moderator:
    http://thepage.time.com/2012/10/14/m...re-the-debate/

Silver
    Load Metric
    Hopefully the questions are not the usual social issues nobody cares about.

Brokaw was on NBC yesterday saying the President has to explain essentially doubling the national debt when he boldly claimed he would cut it in half in 2008. Let's get this straight. He said he would cut the debt in half, and it doubled on his watch. He did the exact opposite, LOL.

He said he would improve the economy. Basically its a mess. Unemployment is a disaster and growth is approaching flat line levels.

Then there is Benghazi, and that is unsettling. You had this State Department lady running around on Sunday shows blaming Youtube videos, and that was immediately discredited.

Obamacare? Nobody wants it, and even Obama is distancing himself from it.

I cannot fathom any reason why anyone would vote for this guy. Unless they were receiving a check.

Load Metric
    Actually, in the past two debates there were almost no social issues discussed.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    That is because they were not town hall formats. Big difference.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    That is because they were not town hall formats. Big difference.
    So what? The mods still could've asked them if they wanted to. I'm kinda hoping social issues get a little bit of play in this debate just because they got almost none in the previous two and I'd like to hear Romney (and Obama) clarify some of their positions.
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    If Mitt Romney really wants to win this election he should come out and state that
    effective immediately he will not air another negative attack ad on TV.
    No one likes these stupid political ads that are running on TV every few minutes.

He should also state that he will abolish the IRS.
    No one likes the IRS, even the poor and middle class who pay little or no taxes at all.

Let's face it, Mitt Romney despises paying the IRS 14% in federal taxes and wants
    to make sure himself and other wealthy people who support him pay 0.00% in federal taxes.

However this will not happen, Romney will make up his own facts and try to project confidence
    hoping people will believe his bullshit.

Load Metric
    Obama is studying hard for the debate
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    He said he would improve the economy. Basically its a mess. Unemployment is a disaster and growth is approaching flat line levels.
    The sad thing is that you think you're well informed.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    The sad thing is that you think you're well informed.
    So what are you saying?

The economy has improved?

It's not a mess?

Unemployment is not a disaster?

Im not sticking up for Robbie, but the sad thing is that you think you win the argument with that line.

Oh wait, I forgot.... blame Bush, right?

See, it would be one thing if Obama didn't make the MASSIVE amount of ridiculous empty promises that he did when he campaigned....but he did. Every candidate makes empty promises, but Obama was so ridiculously over the top its not even funny. Pretty much why idiots somehow thought he was going to do things like pay their mortgage and put gas in their car, buy them cellphones.... cripes, probably even waited for him to come over and give them a foot bath, or raise his hand and all of the leaders of the world would join hands and sing Kumbaya. He made promises up and down (probably even including parting the fucking sea) that despite what he would be walking into, he would FIX shit. Well he didn't. Now people are rightfully holding him to it. He not only didn't fix shit, he fucked it up even more. This guy is so bad, he refuses to take responsibility for ANYTHING. Hell, he even got Hillary to take full blame for the terrorist attack in Libya! Obama proudly said at the beginning of his term referring to himself "the buck stops here"...well it obviously doesn't.

Of course, despite the fact that you and the rest of them fell for this garbage once, you'll vote for him again. Sorry Barry, but THAT'S sad.

"Re-elect Obama...because it's entirely possible that had the Titanic run into a second iceburg, it not only may have not sank, but actually would become a more luxurious and efficient ship!"

Load Metric
    Thank God for these last 2 debates. Maybe I'll finally make up my mind on who I will vote for.

Load Metric
    Its pretty amazing, but the polls are trending in Romney's favor. I thought he was toast. Obama is going to 47% him and lay on the "zingers" tonight. Romney will be prepared for them, so it will be interesting to see him under fire. Someone in here was eager to lay a bet on Obama, I wonder if he changed his mind.

Obama camp must be worried if they have Hillary out there taking the blame on the Libya fiasco.

Load Metric
    I'm really tired of liberals claiming that Romney won't provide the details of his tax plan...

http://www.romneytaxplan.com/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    I'm really tired of liberals claiming that Romney won't provide the details of his tax plan...

http://www.romneytaxplan.com/
    Finally some clarity. Thanks!
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Thank God for these last 2 debates. Maybe I'll finally make up my mind on who I will vote for.

In Nevada, instead of voting for "Mitt Romney" or "Barack Obama" you have the option of voting for
    "None of the Above" which is looking more and more like the best candidate.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

In Nevada, instead of voting for "Mitt Romney" or "Barack Obama" you have the option of voting for
    "None of the Above" which is looking more and more like the best candidate.
    I'd be much more inclined to vote the Libertarian ticket, as I did in 04. Pretty sure there's a Green Party ticket available as well, maybe even a few more. I haven't been able to find the actual Mass. Presidential ballot online yet, but since you can still register to vote for a day or 2, I doubt it'll be available until that ends.

I probably will vote Libertarian again this year.

Load Metric
    Brunson is an idiot, he bet $5k at even odds vs. Negreanu that Romney will win, even though Obama is trading at around 65% on InTrade to win the debate (and with about $40,000 wagered on it).
    Last edited by PLOL; 10-16-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    TRUMP 2024!

Thread Information