Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stack up on Obama (not a reverse pick thread)

Load Metric

Stack up on Obama (not a reverse pick thread)

This country will always always always pick the candidate whose going to preserve Roe v Wade. Its really that simple.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    This country will always always always pick the candidate whose going to preserve Roe v Wade. Its really that simple.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    people will always use polls to express their more visceral opinions but once they get in the booth, they are going to vote for whoever is going to get them an emergency parachute when their 17 year old daughter gets knocked up by some swarthy negro.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    No pun intended but Roe v Wade is a dead issue...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by son of lockman View Post

No serious candidate is going to try to attack Roe v Wade, except for a few errant Congressmen in safe Republican districts.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Obama still has the edge right now, but his sure-thing lead was seriously damaged by his first debate, and he does have a chance of losing if he doesn't at least score near a tie in the next two debates.

Load Metric
    Im confused; Ryan threatened flat out to gut Roe v Wade in the debate, and 2 supreme court seats are vacating in the next 4 years.

How is anyone misinterpreting Ryan's stance? Its unambiguously hostile towards Roe v Wade.

Load Metric
    Actually we can table that convo until after it gets brought up in the next pres debate, its basically irrelevant until Romney clarifies their position.

Load Metric
    Also I genuinely believe that if Romney/Ryan somehow convinced people they were going to place a moderate/centerist in the supreme court, Obamas done. That said, nothing about Romney/Ryan is moderate/centerist as far as I can tell.

Load Metric
    it's funny how you all believe any of this matters

the next ten years will not be pretty, regardless of whose name is on the cake

Load Metric
    supreme court seats are all that matters willie, youre coming off like a pouting emo high schooler at the moment.

Load Metric
    supreme court seats are all that matters willie, youre coming off like a pouting emo high schooler at the moment.
    sure sure

the supreme court will save you from the global elite

Load Metric
    at the end of the day the president & the supreme court does not matter when the entire world's economy is built on a ponzi scheme and is dependent upon finite fossil fuels

the shit is going to hit the fan and there is nothing you can do about it

a correction of epic proportions will come and it will not be pretty

Load Metric
    Roe vs. Wade is a 5/4 decision right now and Ruth Bader Ginsberg wants to retire, something she will fervently put off if Romney is president but she's 79 years old.

One of those wackball personhood amendments or other anti-abortion legislation at the state level will eventually be brought to the Supreme Court. The only reason it doesn't get there now is the Religious Right knows they don't have the votes, as soon as they have the votes (If Romney nominates a Clarence Thomas type) you can bet your ass the SCOTUS will be relitigating Roe v Wade.

Conservatives thought they had done this but David Souter (a GHW Bush nominee) turned out to be super-liberal, and basically balanced the court both ways dpending on what was needed considering the court's overall makeup at the time .... so in this respect I guess he was conservative in that he didn't try to change laws.

Sorry, but if you look around at the current state legisaltion being introduced (some passed) and look at Ryan's record of remarks, and somehow think that Abortion is a settled issue you are deluding yourself.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by son of lockman View Post

No serious candidate is going to try to attack Roe v Wade, except for a few errant Congressmen in safe Republican districts.
    Is that why Ryan joined Akin's effort in Congress to ban all abortion EVEN in cases of rape or incest? Before picking him as VP Romney's people required Ryan's assurance he would not deviate from Romney's current line which includes exceptions for rape or incest (Romney used to be pro-choice) even though it's less strict than Ryan would prefer. Are you saying Ryan is not a serious candidate?

As other posters have pointed out the Supreme Court is one or two votes away from overturning Roe (Roberts is not certain to vote to overturn IMO).

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ryan
    “I don’t see how a person can separate their public life from their private life or from their faith,”
    That is all I need to hear.

If it wasn't for the Republicans religious fanaticism I would most likely side with them on most issues. That and their stance on medical marijuana is enough for me to stick with the Democrats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ryan
    “I don’t see how a person can separate their public life from their private life or from their faith,”

If it wasn't for the Republicans religious fanaticism I would most likely side with them on most issues. That and their stance on medical marijuana is enough for me to stick with the Democrats.
    If you can get through the elequent language, some of the things Paul Ryan proposed last night are somewhere between scary and 1910.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

If you can get through the elequent language, some of the things Paul Ryan proposed last night are somewhere between scary and 1910.
    Which is particularly alarming since he only really proposed a handful of actual things, the rest was pure pablum and vote-speak.

Load Metric
    Well Ryan thought his unborn fetus looked like a bean, so that pretty much explains that.

Load Metric
    itt: sonatine fades willie's pure science

Thread Information