Thread: Nick Perry fined 15k for legal hit

Load Metric

Nick Perry fined 15k for legal hit

Not sure what the Packers did to the refs this year, but its fuckin Pitiful.

http://www.totalpackers.com/2012/10/...tal+Packers%29

Here’s what it’s come to in the NFL. Their buttholes are so tightly clenched about protecting the quarterback, they’re fining guys for legal hits. Green Bay Packers rookie Nick Perry is $15,000 poorer because of it.

Perry was fined for hitting Indianapolis quarterback Andrew Luck “with the crown of his helmet” on Sunday. Problem is, Perry didn’t hit Luck with the crown. He hit him with the face of his helmet, which is technically still legal (probably right up until the NFL decides you can only try to blow the quarterback over).

On the play in question, Perry crushed Luck, causing a fumble that the Packers recovered. Enter referee Walt Anderson, who tossed a flag for unnecessary roughness and gave the ball back to the Colts, plus 15.

Anderson made the crown of the helmet ruling.

The NFL could have looked at the play, decided the crown of the helmet call was borderline at best (it was) and not fined Perry. Instead, they went the other way, sending the message that, “Hey, stop trying to hit people so hard, you jerk.”

Next time Perry has a clear shot at the quarterback, we bet he pulls up. Maybe he misses the sack or doesn’t cause a turnover because of it, which is swell for the Packers.

Load Metric
    I couldn't find the hit, so I went with this:

It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    I couldn't find the hit, so I went with this:

Click the link above it has a freeze fram shot of the impact. The hit was so hard it snapped Lucks head back like a car crash. I can understand the flag maybe, but a fine after you review the tape. I guess its like agreeing with fail mary just never admilt fault.

Thread Information