Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Proposal: Searles Vs Vegas

Banned
    Load Metric

Proposal: Searles Vs Vegas

**disclaimer**

was asked to post this as a thread for a possible end to the godfather saga known as searles vs vegas.

each escrow x amount of dollars to druff or someone worthy and yes I realize this is probably the point when most the bickering will go down, they go heads up on an agreed game on PFA at a time of their choosing. This will be a freezeout, winner take all situation. Not sure if it will be in a tournament form or each person gets 10k in chips with no raised blinds/antes. Obv lots of things need to be negotiated.

However, searles requested that some parameters be in place. The original bet to be considered squared up after the match, no personal info of his to be posted and the scammer removed from his title/avatar.

As for when this event could take place it was suggested during radio but again, that's another thing to be negotiated.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    **disclaimer**

was asked to post this as a thread for a possible end to the godfather saga known as searles vs vegas.

each escrow x amount of dollars to druff or someone worthy and yes I realize this is probably the point when most the bickering will go down, they go heads up on an agreed game on PFA at a time of their choosing. This will be a freezeout, winner take all situation. Not sure if it will be in a tournament form or each person gets 10k in chips with no raised blinds/antes. Obv lots of things need to be negotiated.

However, searles requested that some parameters be in place. The original bet to be considered squared up after the match, no personal info of his to be posted and the scammer removed from his title/avatar.

As for when this event could take place it was suggested during radio but again, that's another thing to be negotiated.
    why on earth would Vegas accept this? So Searles gets to angle shot a bet, lose the bet, refuse to pay for a long period while demanding to escrow and deal with it, when Vegas agrees to escrow afters months of ridicule from Searles on the subject Searles refuses and gives a joke offer to settle things which Vegas obvioulsy snap rejects and now Searles wants to play a game for the money? This is the most retarded fucking idea I've heard.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    **disclaimer**

why on earth would Vegas accept this? So Searles gets to angle shot a bet, lose the bet, refuse to pay for a long period while demanding to escrow and deal with it, when Vegas agrees to escrow afters months of ridicule from Searles on the subject Searles refuses and gives a joke offer to settle things which Vegas obvioulsy snap rejects and now Searles wants to play a game for the money? This is the most retarded fucking idea I've heard.
    I was going to write exactly but thought I would just stay out of it. However, I agree 100% this is a really dumb resolution.

Load Metric
    **disclaimer**

Also the funny thing here is with all of the "solutions" being presented 99% of the board will still (rightfully) consider searles a huge POS regardless of how this issue is resolved.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    **disclaimer**

Good Job, Good Effort

Banned
    Load Metric
    notice the disclaimer at the top? Yea, not my idea! I was asked by searles to post it

Load Metric
    notice the disclaimer at the top? Yea, not my idea! I was asked by searles to post it
    I don't think anyone is accusing the idea of being yours. I'm assuming it's Searles idea, not many other people would come up with something so stupid. As well when I ripped on the idea within minute or two he tilted on chat to me about being a hater and not being able to comprehend his arguments.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I don't think anyone is accusing the idea of being yours. I'm assuming it's Searles idea, not many other people would come up with something so stupid. As well when I ripped on the idea within minute or two he tilted on chat to me about being a hater and not being able to comprehend his arguments.
    Whole thing is a cluster fuck, someone needs to take charge and end it. Whether it be druff or the board, fuck enough is enough. I almost want to fabricate something just so people can see something new already.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewfather
    I almost want to fabricate something
    The idea for this settlement arrangement was 100% yours. You proposed a $150 each ($300 total) HU match. I snap accepted. You wanted to contact Vegas about it privately, I said why not make a thread about it. The thread was my idea, the original idea was your idea.

All in the interest of fairness...........
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewfather
    I almost want to fabricate something
    The idea for this settlement arrangement was 100% yours. You proposed a $150 each ($300 total) HU match. I snap accepted. You wanted to contact Vegas about it privately, I said why not make a thread about it. The thread was my idea, the original idea was your idea.

Dumb idea. Even if vegas is the better player(65-35%) it means he still has a 35% chance of losing money on a bet he already won. Of course you snap accepted, like this means anything anyway. I'd accept it too if I owed somebody money, I'd even accept it against Phil Ivey for fuck sakes.

Why don't you just negotiate a deal. You started @ $75 allegedly & he started @ $250 so there must be some common ground as it was a stupid bet anyway & should have been negotiated down months ago. You look worse the longer this goes on.

Don't try to tell us you've been trying to settle it because you obviously haven't. This is like vegas calling your all-in at the poker table & you racking up & leaving. Players get 86'd for this & if you don't find a resolution I believe you should be too.

Stop with the B/S & find a resolution.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

Dumb idea. Even if vegas is the better player(65-35%) it means he still has a 35% chance of losing money on a bet he already won. Of course you snap accepted, like this means anything anyway. I'd accept it too if I owed somebody money, I'd even accept it against Phil Ivey for fuck sakes.

Why don't you just negotiate a deal. You started @ $75 allegedly & he started @ $250 so there must be some common ground as it was a stupid bet anyway & should have been negotiated down months ago. You look worse the longer this goes on.

Don't try to tell us you've been trying to settle it because you obviously haven't. This is like vegas calling your all-in at the poker table & you racking up & leaving. Players get 86'd for this & if you don't find a resolution I believe you should be too.

Tony could shed more light on this. I will just say my $75 was a nuisance settlement offer and in no way an admission that I lost. Vegas is approaching this as he won the bet. Thats the fundamental disagreement that will not allow us to get any closer, $75-$250.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    I thought you wanted escrow? Now you have escrow and instead want to settle for $75.00?

C'mon Searless, just go the 408 route and admit that you do not have any money and you can't pay your debt.

Load Metric
    actually, the proposal Lewfather posted makes sense.

Right now, there is a very high probablility that Searles WILL NOT pay the bet. By arranging a poker game to declare a victor, this increases Vegas' odds of getting the money (which is an unknown, based on skill levels and luck).

Based on pure math, He should take the wager

Load Metric

Tony could shed more light on this. I will just say my $75 was a nuisance settlement offer and in no way an admission that I lost. Vegas is approaching this as he won the bet. Thats the fundamental disagreement that will not allow us to get any closer, $75-$250.
    So just escrow the full amount. You know, like you've been talking about forever now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I thought you wanted escrow? Now you have escrow and instead want to settle for $75.00?

C'mon Searless, just go the 408 route and admit that you do not have any money and you can't pay your debt.

Again, speak to Tony. A full $500 escrow is still very much a possibility as far as I am concerned. Vegas, who ignored escrowing for months and is somehow getting a free pass on that, is the one holding that up behind closed doors. He keeps saying that he will escrow but feels its fruitless as arbitrators will never be agreed upon (his supposed crutch all along). I believe, without putting words in his mouth, this is why Tony pulled his name off the potential escrow list. Why hold $1000 when Vegas is implying he will just hold up the process and the money will ultimately be returned anyways?

Load Metric

Again, speak to Tony. A full $500 escrow is still very much a possibility as far as I am concerned. Vegas, who ignored escrowing for months and is somehow getting a free pass on that, is the one holding that up behind closed doors. He keeps saying that he will escrow but feels its fruitless as arbitrators will never be agreed upon (his supposed crutch all along). I believe, without putting words in his mouth, this is why Tony pulled his name off the potential escrow list. Why hold $1000 when Vegas is implying he will just hold up the process and the money will ultimately be returned anyways?
    He called your bluff, now pick an escrow. End of debate.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

I picked one (Tony), Vegas agrees in public, then behind closed doors makes sure it wont happen. Then he looks like the good guy, in public, while not wanting to escrow all along. Again, he is the one who has been refusing to escrow this entire time. Im willing to escrow, settle, what have you. Vegas is not. He is putting on a good PR campaign on the boards though, I will give him that much.

Load Metric

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, WHAT A LOAD OF BULLSHIT!!!! I have been the one holding things up behind closed doors??????????? LOL!!!!! WTF????? I offered to escrow to Druff, you denied, I offered to escrow to Tony, you napped it out... Now you say this shit??????? I have never seen someone twist and turn with so many lies. It's unbelievable.

I am done with this. If Druff doesn't ban this fucking asshole, who is now talking shit to me via IM, I don't know what else to say.

Load Metric

I picked one (Tony), Vegas agrees in public, then behind closed doors makes sure it wont happen. Then he looks like the good guy, in public, while not wanting to escrow all along. Again, he is the one who has been refusing to escrow this entire time. Im willing to escrow, settle, what have you. Vegas is not. He is putting on a good PR campaign on the boards though, I will give him that much.
    BAN THIS MOTHER FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am done here until this asshole is gone. I will not have this prick trying to make me look bad like this with no repercussions. Fuck this.

Peace.

Load Metric
    You're full of shit.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Thread Information