Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad news for Sloppy Joe - I don't have gout, and Portland is still a shithole

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Bad news for Sloppy Joe - I don't have gout, and Portland is still a shithole

Since Sloppy is so interested in my earlier diagnosis of gout, I wanted to provide an update for him.

In late 2023, after a resurgence of what appeared to be gout in my right foot which wouldn't go away -- and sometimes was so bad that I couldn't walk -- I returned to the doctor for further investigation.

It was determined that there was a good chance that it WASN'T gout, due to the following factors:

1) The reliable gout meds colchicine (pain management) and allopurinol (prevention) were both completely failing for me.

2) It was presenting in the back of the foot and heel -- both atypical (albeit possible) for gout.

3) It was not resolving after 2 weeks like gout typically does on its own.

An ultrasound was done by a doctor who specialized in gout-related ultrasounds, and she determined that the inflammation in my foot, while severe, was not displaying a gout-like pattern.

Therefore, it was determined that I was instead suffering from an unknown inflammatory issue which was likely systemic, but not gout.

Unfortunately, not only was the exact condition unknown, but the treatment was failing. Every single anti-inflammatory medication I tried wasn't working at all. Furthermore, aspirin, Advil, and even Vicodin failed to make even a small dent in the pain.

Early in the year, I was prescribed Mobic, a NSAID medication which is slow releasing, and is known to sometimes succeed where other NSAIDs fail. I was told that Mobic was so slow acting that, despite most NSAIDs taking effect after about 20 minutes, this one would not start working until at least 24 hours had passed! Also, while on Mobic, I could not take aspirin, Advil, or my blood pressure medication Losartan. Also, Mobic is only safe for the short term, and can cause all kinds of problems if taken every day.

Anyway, I was skeptical but tried.

For the first day, it had absolutely no effect. However, I woke up the next day with significant improvement, and then the next day even better, and the third day I was all better.

I have now taken Mobic for 5 different attacks I've had in my right foot, including one last week where I almost couldn't walk while in Vegas, and every time it brought me significant improvement 24 hours later, and complete disappearance of pain within the 48 hours following that. It seems to be the only medication in the world that works for this.

Great success!

I hope you enjoyed my story. If you are old and you have chronic foot pain, you might want to ask for Mobic.

Comments

Tellafriend: nice

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Since Sloppy is so interested in my earlier diagnosis of gout, I wanted to provide an update for him.

In late 2023, after a resurgence of what appeared to be gout in my right foot which wouldn't go away -- and sometimes was so bad that I couldn't walk -- I returned to the doctor for further investigation.

It was determined that there was a good chance that it WASN'T gout, due to the following factors:

1) The reliable gout meds colchicine (pain management) and allopurinol (prevention) were both completely failing for me.

2) It was presenting in the back of the foot and heel -- both atypical (albeit possible) for gout.

An ultrasound was done by a doctor who specialized in gout-related ultrasounds, and she determined that the inflammation in my foot, while severe, was not displaying a gout-like pattern.

Therefore, it was determined that I was instead suffering from an unknown inflammatory issue which was likely systemic, but not gout.

Unfortunately, not only was the exact condition unknown, but the treatment was failing. Every single anti-inflammatory medication I tried wasn't working at all. Furthermore, aspirin, Advil, and even Vicodin failed to make even a small dent in the pain.

Early in the year, I was prescribed Mobic, a NSAID medication which is slow releasing, and is known to sometimes succeed where other NSAIDs fail. I was told that Mobic was so slow acting that, despite most NSAIDs taking effect after about 20 minutes, this one would not start working until at least 24 hours had passed! Also, while on Mobic, I could not take aspirin, Advil, or my blood pressure medication Losartan. Also, Mobic is only safe for the short term, and can cause all kinds of problems if taken every day.

For the first day, it had absolutely no effect. However, I woke up the next day with significant improvement, and then the next day even better, and the third day I was all better.

I have now taken Mobic for 5 different attacks I've had in my right foot, including one last week where I almost couldn't walk while in Vegas, and every time it brought me significant improvement 24 hours later, and complete disappearance of pain within the 48 hours following that. It seems to be the only medication in the world that works for this.

Great success!

I hope you enjoyed my story. If you are old and you have chronic foot pain, you might want to ask for Mobic.
    You probably have peripheral neuropathy. It starts in the feet and gets worse over time and spreads to your hands and eventually takes over your entire body. There is no cure and it gets worse and generally is debilitating. Former MLB hall of Famer Joe Morgan succumbed to it. You probably have it based on your symptoms and regrettably there is no cure and it only gets worse.

Load Metric
    thats so sad, im sorry to hear about your peripheral neuropathy, druff. i suppose its a silver lining of sorts that this seasons hurricanes will likely sweep you out to see long before that.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    "There is a complex moral equation to the extent that, if youre talking about somebody who has ptsd, somebody who has a condition and the only way to help that condition is to use these drugs. Iíve never had a problem with any of that stuff.

My grandfather was schizophrenic, and, maybe bipolar maybe schizophrenic, the diagnosis was not exactly clear. They prescribed him lithium and made him a lot better. Would he have been better off struggling with the schizophrenia? Of course not, much better that he should have the lithium and then be able to live in his rational mind. And so, when there's a problem, using drugs to get past it and work with it, is a good thing." - Ben Shapiro

Load Metric
    Lol gout ultrasounds, hopefully your medical team convinced you to stop eating like an Olympic athlete on a cheat day.

Glad you're pain free, throw on those cargo shorts and get to work on that waistline.

Will buy you a pizza if you're ever in town.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Olympic athlete on a cheat day
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    I'm pretty good at finding graves

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Great success!

You probably have peripheral neuropathy. It starts in the feet and gets worse over time and spreads to your hands and eventually takes over your entire body. There is no cure and it gets worse and generally is debilitating. Former MLB hall of Famer Joe Morgan succumbed to it. You probably have it based on your symptoms and regrettably there is no cure and it only gets worse.
    While Druff is not a drinker, neuropathy knows no bounds. It is a nervous system disorder. This guy spells it out, it is a crippling effect. The actual worse forms of neuropathy are the ones not controlled by addiction, rather the organic forms that just arise out of nowhere. They are not treatable.

Load Metric
    Tl:dr

Not gout, just super-AIDS of the foot

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The suspicion is that it's something called "enthesitis".

Regardless, there is no clarity on the cause, and there is no permanent cure. But I'm thrilled I found something that works, albeit with a 24 hour delay and being unable to take certain other meds for other things like headaches.

Comments

splitthis: Clean up diet

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    thats so sad, im sorry to hear about your peripheral neuropathy, druff. i suppose its a silver lining of sorts that this seasons hurricanes will likely sweep you out to see long before that.

Name:  C321-D528-E266-493-A-AAB8-6-C507-C8-A90-BF.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  169.8 KB
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    well i'm gonna say it, cause someone is bound to say it like OK 25.... this probably caused by the safe and effective cov-19 jab...
    it's a real possibility... but i really do hope Druff gets better....

Comments

sah_24: ding ding ding lols ...

Load Metric
    Read your food labels, they just started adding some shit called interesterified fats to replace trans fats.

Mind you, no idea on health effects, letís just roll the dice.

Preliminary shows same or worse cardiovascular effects and as a bonus increase blood sugar.

So many ways they are trying to kill everyone.

Fun times.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    The suspicion is that it's something called "enthesitis".

Regardless, there is no clarity on the cause, and there is no permanent cure. But I'm thrilled I found something that works, albeit with a 24 hour delay and being unable to take certain other meds for other things like headaches.
    Name:  Screenshot_20240611_185928_Chrome.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  547.6 KB

Guessing you haven't been playing sports or performing activities that involve repetitive movements.

Time to update that app and get to harassing Target employees over vegetable discounts.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1dollarboxcar View Post
    well i'm gonna say it, cause someone is bound to say it like OK 25.... this probably caused by the safe and effective cov-19 jab...
    It is a possibility. It first showed up in October 2021, which was shortly after I got my 3rd shot.

However, I'm also 52 years old, and all kinds of shit can happen randomly once you're my age. So I can't just blame the vax. There isn't a known incidence of this type of chronic inflammation as a result of the vax.

But who knows? Maybe. I'll likely never get my answer.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Honestly it seems like some sort of autoimmune thing. That would explain the seeming randomness of the whole thing.

One day everything is 100% fine, and then all of a sudden it shows up, and 48 hours later I can't walk.

If it were a result of stress on the area from my weight, it wouldn't show up so abruptly and then disappear for weeks after taking the meds for a few days.

I will likely never get the answer.

Load Metric
    It is a possibility. It first showed up in October 2021, which was shortly after I got my 3rd shot.

However, I'm also 52 years old, and all kinds of shit can happen randomly once you're my age. So I can't just blame the vax. There isn't a known incidence of this type of chronic inflammation as a result of the vax.

Actually, there's a lot of various inflammation issues caused by the vaccine.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Gold
    Load Metric
    I didn't even consider that. Was waiting for some new material from Portland's only comedian worth a shit

Didn't disappoint

Have you tried having a really good metabolism/genetics? It's pretty cash

Guarantee my diet is worse for the last 20 years but intermittent fasting allows for that. I am a lot younger though and laugh at black freaks combine results

#notimpressed

Godspeed on your recovery, avoid needles.
    RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Load Metric

Name:  Screenshot 2024-06-12 150015.png
Views: 109
Size:  510.6 KB

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  4.6 KB

Name:  pizza.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  72.0 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Most likely gout for the obvious reasons but more telling is
    you being a horrible liar

Clean yourself up

Comments

OK2: Y O U S U C K D I C K

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Funny pictures of the Jew shrugging his shoulders and the giant pizza, but seriously, this is presenting like an autoimmune issue rather than a weight/physical stress issue.

For example, I can hike 5 miles and it won't hurt.

I can be sitting at home all day and it will suddenly hurt.

If this were due to weight, it would be more of a constant problem and be triggered by activity. Here it's typically either 100% fine or terrible, without much in between, and no short term cause to the flare-ups.

Yes, it will worsen if already hurting and I walk on it a lot, but that's always how inflammation works.

The medicaiton Mobic I use inhibits the formation of the enzyme cyclooxygenase (COX-2). This inhibition leads to a decrease in the production of molecules that boost inflammation, and helps the blood clot. So you can say that my solution is inhibiting COX. It takes 24 hours to start working because it doesn't directly treat the inflammation, but rather stops the body from producing molecules which boost it. So after a day of those molecules not being at their previous level, the inflammation decreases. Other NSAIDs decrease COX-1, which can help quickly with a lot of short term inflammation, but it takes COX-2's reduction to put a dent in certain types of inflammation, like mine.

Comments

OK2: jewnetics catching up to you - you aren't supposed to eat the bullshit they feed us white people

Thread Information