Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worried about Dan Todd W

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko View Post
    If there's no lookie Lou's around I get coke/dr pepper 50/50, try it.
    No Coke for me.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Not at all normal or respectable behavior to stand up, approach other tables and “inspect” the “size and quality” of their “pie”

Brother whipping out the 7 stars card like a gun to hold minimum wage fast food employees hostage

Everyone has a fetish
    I did not approach any tables. I casually walked by and looked at them without people noticing. Very easy to see.

In the other story, the 7 Stars card was not holding any minimum wage employees hostage. It's something you're expected to show at Caesars if you want them to make policy exceptions for you. The lack of Diamond/7 Stars card is why PIPES had such a miserable time at Paris, as it meant to them that you were a second class citizen. That's how Vegas works.

I did not find your behavior to be appropriate

Why are you unable to eat what your served like every other patron

What makes you so special pal?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I did not approach any tables. I casually walked by and looked at them without people noticing. Very easy to see.

In the other story, the 7 Stars card was not holding any minimum wage employees hostage. It's something you're expected to show at Caesars if you want them to make policy exceptions for you. The lack of Diamond/7 Stars card is why PIPES had such a miserable time at Paris, as it meant to them that you were a second class citizen. That's how Vegas works.

I did not find your behavior to be appropriate

Why are you unable to eat what your served like every other patron

What makes you so special pal?
    Pal this was an absurd policy.

It was the same fucking restaurant making 2 different types of pizza, and not making type #1 available unless you order at the counter.

As I said, if they refused, I was just going to take matters into my own hands, walk to the counter, order that pizza, and walk it over to the table. I doubt they would have bitched at me because it's not like I'm bringing in outside food to eat at their tables. I'm buying their own food from a different part of the same restaurant and walking it to the table. But fortunately the manager realized my request was reasonable, and said I could do it as long as I bought the whole giant pizza.

Maybe he thought I'd give up at that point, but he didn't realize who he was dealing with. A giant pizza never deterred me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Friends,

This is not quite the same thing, but related.

In January 2017 I was skiing in Tahoe on a 15 degree day. By the time I got back, I had mild hypothermia, and clearly had lost body heat. I had a constant chill (even once back in the warm hotel room) and was also super hungry, even though I had eaten a decent sized lunch on the mountain.

I ordered a 16" pepperoni pizza from a nearby pizzeria, and was going to walk over to carry it out. Could not drive due to a ton of snow on the ground. So I walked over there and said, "I'm here for the takeout order under the name Todd."

They brought it to me, and then I thought, "Oh shit. It's like 10 degrees outside. I can't walk this back to Harrah's. It will be cold by then."

So I politely told them I actually needed a table for dine-in.

They sat me down and I told the waitress just to bring over one plate and the pizza they had made for takeout. She brought the stuff, and I started eating.

10 minutes later, the waitress came back and said, "Do you need anything el....? Wait... where did the pizza go?"

I said that I ate it.

"You couldn't have eaten that whole thing in this time. Someone else showed up and had some too, right?"

I told her, "Nope. Just me. Was just hungry after a long day of skiing."

She was absolutely shocked. I had eaten an entire 16 inch pizza in 10 minutes. I didn't try to wolf it down fast, but my body was just so hungry from the loss of heat that I naturally wolfed it down. I looked at my watch, and yeah, it really had been just 10 minutes.

Thread Information