Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fast food raising minimum wage

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Fatburger is thinking outside the box.
    All drive throughs have been updated to weigh scales so if you drop twenty pounds between visits you get a free shake (cup not included)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive_Bar_Dave View Post
    Not true at all. 90% of my posts are not complaints. In this very thread I posted earlier and it was not a complaint (not really).

Anyway, go screw yourself.
    Lol at a poor begging for crumbs, let the man vent about having to pay more for his cheeseburgers with no assurances of better customer service. Fuck your $20.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Guess who will pay the hike? Hear mickie d's on board.
    What’s the point Frank? You either pay to live or die. Hopefully it’s at an Arby’s

The single purpose of life is to last longer. You will be eaten at some stage.

Are you shitting on high school kids and their first job?

Load Metric
    This just speeds up the inevitable replacement of low wage workers with robotics and AI.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dmndkutr View Post
    Went up a quarter.
    Can’t raise it all at once, people will notice.

Raise it a little now….a little more next month…a little more the following….then have a sale back to the second raise

Then a double raise after the sale.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Went up a quarter.
    Can’t raise it all at once, people will notice.

Raise it a little now….a little more next month…a little more the following….then have a sale back to the second raise

Then a double raise after the sale.
    Sounds like Chrissies betting system

Bronze
    Load Metric
    If memory serves, young Benjamin was born in 2010. This being 2024, will he be making bank at these fast food establishments some time soon?

Easy $20 an hour.

Load Metric
    If memory serves, young Benjamin was born in 2010. This being 2024, will he be making bank at these fast food establishments some time soon?

Easy $20 an hour.

$100k is the new $50k. $20 is the new $10. Is that “bank”? I suspect Ben would open your eyes to a tweener’s real world expenses. Inflation is what it is.

That Newsom is a weasel is the real issue. Thankfully, not my issue

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: Just about right

Load Metric

Silver
    Load Metric

Easy $20 an hour.
    Druff, his girlfriend, and Benjamin can all work at in n out and make over 6 figures combined for the household.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    This just speeds up the inevitable replacement of low wage workers with robotics and AI.
    This

Minimum wage increase is short term positive long term destructive for entry level jobs.

Kids don't understand what the experience of a full service gas station was back in the day. Now its you and a credit card and you lucky if they have fresh windex out. The person who really gets fucked is the 15 year old boy who is denied an opportunity to do entry level work on cars. Shame

Bronze
    Load Metric
    This

Minimum wage increase is short term positive long term destructive for entry level jobs.

Kids don't understand what the experience of a full service gas station was back in the day. Now its you and a credit card and you lucky if they have fresh windex out. The person who really gets fucked is the 15 year old boy who is denied an opportunity to do entry level work on cars. Shame
    Check out any high school for free. https://www.d214.org/Page/3637

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    This

Funny you mention this, because there's a fairly new (2022) gas station by me, and I noticed that the hours were shitty. Like it was closed by 8pm. Whenever I tried to go in the late evening or middle of the night, I couldn't get gas there.

Anyway one day I'm driving by and I see the pumps all lit up, yet the little mini-mart on the property was dark. I stopped by and, indeed, the pumps were turned on, but you couldn't interact with a human being. I filled up, and chalked it up to the dude forgetting to turn the pumps off (something I once saw occur at another gas station by me, which closes at 10).

But no. Apparently the owner decided just to leave everything on 24/7, even if he leaves the property by 8. So for about 12 hours per day, that gas station has zero employees, yet is open. I wonder how long until dude realizes that it's not worth his time (or worth paying an employee) to be there at all, and just lets it run itself.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    This "3% added" trick has been going on for about a decade.

The excuse used to be "in order to provide healthcare for employees", and in the above case, it's to "defray labor costs".

This is because many restaurants don't pay rent, but instead have a deal with the landlord to give a certain percentage of gross sales to them, regardless of profit.

Some clever owners started using this 3% surcharge trick in order to avoid passing that 3% on to the landlord. I'm not sure how it's legal, but it is somehow. I learned this from a friend who owns an LA restaurant. I went down to his place and noticed this 3% bullshit. I told him later, "I don't want to tell you how to run things, but just letting you know this sort of thing really gets customers angry, and I think you'd be better off just adding 3% to each item's price, as that won't be noticed nearly as much." He then explained to me that the 3% doesn't get shared with the landlord, which is a big savings to him. I then felt like a fool for giving advice to someone who knew way more about the industry than I did, and I apologized for the suggestion.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Once again, this looks like lies by statistics.

Average age of a fast food worker is 26.4? Even if that's true, what is the MEDIAN age? How come that isn't listed? That's the more important stat than average. If a fast food place has one 50-year-old, one 20-year-old, and two 16-year-olds, the average age is 25.5.

Then there's the matter of "average salary". Looks brutal when you see $14k, but is this full time? Most fast food workers are part time.

Finally, it does not define what a fast food "worker" is. Does this include the manager? The owner-manager? I bet it does. Obviously the manager is old, but is also better paid. Any owner-manager shouldn't even count.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    "The minimum wage has not kept up with the cost of living" is another left wing lie.

I know this because I worked for minimum wage at a grocery store in early 1990. I made $4.25 per hour.

That translates to $10.35 today. Go check it out for yourself: https://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc...1&year2=202402

Somehow the minimum wage wasn't a huge issue in 1990, but today it's made out to be greedy corporations exploiting the lower classes.

It's all just rhetoric.

Thread Information