Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin help for a neophyte

Load Metric

Bitcoin help for a neophyte

so i do not understand wallets well and not comfortable at this point handling it myself.

1. is it alright to invest in one of the etfs?

2. i recall a while back Grayscale was upside down bc of their stock listing or something like that - with that said, if alright to do so, which etf would you advise buying?

Ark, Grayscale, I-shares, others?

3. would you also buy a Ethereum etf or stick with bitcoin?

TIA!

Load Metric
    garrett, thoughts?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If you don't own the keys, you don't own shit ... great taking

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Don't know much about these ETFs.

Investing in major cryptos like BTC or ETH when they hit highs or near-highs is very risky. The upside is limited, the downside is huge. Keep in mind that it's basically accepted/proven at this point that this stuff has near zero real life utility.

If you want a super easy-to-use wallet, get Exodus. You can use it in app form or on your PC, or both. Exodus is safe to use to send to/from gambling sites. Not sure if you can buy crypto through it in US (I know they have the feature, though) because I've never tried. But you can buy on Coinbase or whatever and send to Exodus.

sah_24 is correct that you don't actually have the crypto if you don't own the keys (which you don't on Exodus), but as long as you don't keep massive money there, it's worth the risk to just avoid the hassle and learning curve of storing it all yourself. There's also a risk of owning the keys, as if you lose them, your crypto is gone.

Comments

sah_24: yet another uninformed cringe post ... lols

Load Metric
    Generally its considered a strong play to invest in something you don't understand. What do you have to lose?
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Buy a bible
    a real investment

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Easier said than done, but here is the real way to make $$ in crypto nowadays:

- Keep your eyes peeled for a new memecoin, or for an existing crypto whose value was previously depressed and has a very solid reason to make a comeback (Solana was a good example recently, but the time for that has passed)

- Buy a bunch with the promise to yourself to where it's a short term investment

- Watch very carefully when it "pops", and sell everything as soon as it appears to level off

Buying bitcoin at 69k isn't going to do much for you. Even if it hits 100k, you've made less than 50%. And it can easily crash and wipe out much of your investment.

The real potential with crypto is to make orders of magnitude above your original investment.

And the absolute absolute absolute WORST thing you can do is buy a memecoin or NFT on its way down. Like actually never do that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    so i do not understand wallets well and not comfortable at this point handling it myself.

2. i recall a while back Grayscale was upside down bc of their stock listing or something like that - with that said, if alright to do so, which etf would you advise buying?

TIA!
    I just stick to biotechs. They have huge risk but obviously tremendous upside. Take $20,000 and invest $2,000 in 10 of them, and watch. 5 will go down for sure, 3 will be net neutral, 2 will spike and if one goes to Pluto you will make bank.

Obviously a pure gamble, but Moderna used to be a piece of shit.

Load Metric
    Then Moderna killed a lot of people with their vaccine, now they are swimming in cash.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

TIA!
    I just stick to biotechs. They have huge risk but obviously tremendous upside. Take $20,000 and invest $2,000 in 10 of them, and watch. 5 will go down for sure, 3 will be net neutral, 2 will spike and if one goes to Pluto you will make bank.

i had 500 sh precovid

which ones are you top 3-4 plays?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Generally its considered a strong play to invest in something you don't understand. What do you have to lose?

just gambling, my man.

Load Metric
    First off no offense but don’t listen to Druff about crypto. I mean he knows a lot more than the average person but is not an expert. (And to be fair neither am I. Got into crypto late but have made a mint)

Don’t buy grayscale their fees are too high and that’s why their outflow is huge and the ETFs are taking over.

Buy the etf. Set it and forget it.

But if you’re looking to gamble not invest then either learn more about meme coins or find another spot to gamble.

Silver
    Load Metric
    $ibit

Load Metric
    Where is mincrom when we need him?????

If you want to gamble just load up your offshore sports betting account, bet on march madness, run it up huge, and cash out via your crypto coin of choice. There's a million easy wallets like blockchain or trust that you can cash out to and then move to coinbase or cash app or whatever to sell the coins.

Load Metric
    Moonpay.Com -----> Crypto Wallett (Moonpay has Fees ofc..)

it's simple and you'll have actual Bitcoin if you're a Titan Cold Store it for a decade+...

ETF's allow people and average unknowing types a way to get Leverage in Bitcoin investing so that does help and add Demand so great overall, but if you want actual real Bitcoin buy it and store it yourself, good luck..

Load Metric

TIA!
    Bitcoin is you're Core Assett

Always Bitcoin first and the problem with Eth is the (GAS) so Fee involved in every purchase/Use. And the actual Fee can change every second of everyday based on the Ethereum Blockchains Congestion at the time, and make a purchase sometimes cost 4x more in FEES then the Cost of the Good. So functionally the Ethereum Blockchain is different still has uses of course just different than what you're investing in with Bitcoin Blockchain..

Load Metric

TIA!
    Are you looking to trade or looking to buy and hold as a store of value or use for funding other adventures?

If its a trade you will be fine with the ETF’s.

If you are looking to own the asset for its intended purpose of self custody or to use to send to others/sites you will need a ledger/wallet.

As for BTC vs others I am a BTC only guy. If this is a gamble for you then buying alt coins can pay higher than most sports parlays but can evaporate just as quickly.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

- Keep your eyes peeled for a new memecoin, or for an existing crypto whose value was previously depressed and has a very solid reason to make a comeback (Solana was a good example recently, but the time for that has passed)

- Buy a bunch with the promise to yourself to where it's a short term investment

- Watch very carefully when it "pops", and sell everything as soon as it appears to level off
    Right so…..

Find a meme coin

Invest what you are comfortable and within your risk tolerance and with the knowledge this is highly speculative and that there is a marketing team who will push the asset and with the knowledge there will be a “rugpull”.

Tell your friends about it all the while clearly stating all the above risks and high risk profile this “investment” is.

Watch it moon

Have your friends look into the meme coin and read that its just like every other meme coin with a marketing team and will assuredly have a rug pull…… which you have already clearly laid out.

Watch it moon even more - 25x

Sell most of it to lock in a gigantic win

Have everyone get jealous of the win and get unhinged over your success. Accuse you of running a ponzi scheme when all you trying to do is make others $$, as clearly demonstrated by years of +EV wagers and the occasional sponsored free-rolls -or- running a site and radio show at a loss and being a central figure against fraud in poker for no compensation at all…..

Delete the one thread with all the evidence/history where you clearly laid out how risky this was but you going to give it a shot anyway because no gamble no future.

Get absolutely publicly destroyed with (now) no evidence to point back too

Then wait 2/3 years and make a post telling people how to make money in Meme stocks is exactly what you did previously

Is that about right?

Comments

Sheesfaced:
    Last edited by Daly; 03-28-2024 at 05:17 AM.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Right so…..

Find a meme coin

Invest what you are comfortable and within your risk tolerance and with the knowledge this is highly speculative and that there is a marketing team who will push the asset and with the knowledge there will be a “rugpull”.

Tell your friends about it all the while clearly stating all the above risks and high risk profile this “investment” is.

Watch it moon

Have your friends look into the meme coin and read that its just like every other meme coin with a marketing team and will assuredly have a rug pull…… which you have already clearly laid out.

Watch it moon even more - 25x

Sell most of it to lock in a gigantic win

Have everyone get jealous of the win and get unhinged over your success. Accuse you of running a ponzi scheme when all you trying to do is make others $$, as clearly demonstrated by years of +EV wagers and the occasional sponsored free-rolls -or- running a site and radio show at a loss and being a central figure against fraud in poker for no compensation at all…..

Delete the one thread with all the evidence/history where you clearly laid out how risky this was but you going to give it a shot anyway because no gamble no future.

Get absolutely publicly destroyed with (now) no evidence to point back too

Then wait 2/3 years and make a post telling people how to make money in Meme stocks is exactly what you did previously

Is that about right?
    LOLZ. You forgot the part about committing to donate your profits to charities but doing so at a pace 5 times slower than paying out free roll winnings.

Load Metric
    honestly may this site live forever.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information