Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shohei Ohtani's assistant/interpreter fired for supposedly stealing $4.5m to gamble with illegal bookmaker

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    $16m

19,000 bets (1700 more than Dr Peters)
    Amazing if true. Guy has only made 44 million in MLB pre-tax in CA. He’s made way more on endorsements. I’m guessing that’s where he had to steal it from. Seems insane that it went on for 2 years. Ohtani lucky the guy didn’t slip him a roofie and bet the other way being stuck that deep. Something about story doesn’t add up.

19000 bets. That’s $842 average for 16 million. Would be fun to have the receipts and see how it escalated. 27 bets a day 365/2 years.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This still begs the question...

Why did Ohtani's people claim at first that Shohei covered the $4.5 million?

My guess....

He did.

And Ippei stole a lot more than that. When that was discovered, Ohtani said "Fuck this guy, he stole from me after I did this for him, so I'm just pretending like the first $4.5m was not allowed either."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There's also a matter nobody is talking about:

Shohei might be able to get the money BACK.

There is a reasonable level of security required and expected of banks. That's why, aside from bank collapses (of amounts above FDIC insurance), banks are known as safe places to keep your money.

This was why I knew the $10k stolen from my bank via the BetMGM scandal would eventually find its way back to me. It was just disturbing and likely a big pain in the ass, which it was.

If $16m was wired out of Shohei's account without his knowledge, via his interpreter impersonating him, this should fall under the responsibility of the bank to reimburse. This is especially true because the wires were to another individual, and not another Shohei account.

I am guessing Shohei will get that money BACK, and they'll have a claim against Ippei, who of course will never be able to return the money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lols ... so obv Ohtani was betting through the interpreter. He should be suspended but he won't be bc baseball is ran by an absolute clown kike ...

180 mil in losing bets

140 mil in winning bets

You have to be sub 50 IQ to believe Ohtani wasn't the one betting. Or a jew ...

Load Metric
    I remember when Fernando Valenzuela had an interpretor , he couldn't go anywhere because of the mob scene

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    Lols ... so obv Ohtani was betting through the interpreter. He should be suspended but he won't be bc baseball is ran by an absolute clown kike ...

180 mil in losing bets

140 mil in winning bets

Ignoring the pointless anti-Semitic remarks above, yes, I noticed the same things about the bets.

How are they even explaining that Ippei was allowed to get in the hole $40m?

There's only one way I can see this happening.

Ippei lied and said he was doing it for Shohei. He got way in the hole, and begged Shohei to cover $4.5m, which was actually just a fraction of what he owed. Then he got Shohei to send it to the bookie, thus making it look to the bookie like it really was Shohei's bets. Then he kept firing, and got as much as $40m in the hole. He stole the other $11.5m via impersonation to wire the money, and then the bookie got busted and he never paid the rest.

Comments

sah_24: awww facts hurt its feelins lols

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    I remember when Fernando Valenzuela had an interpretor , he couldn't go anywhere because of the mob scene
    Ohtani won’t likely duplicate Fernando-mania GOING FORWARD. I like that bet

Mookie will out-Ohtani Ohtani

Load Metric
    Wonder what Ohtani’s “wife” thinks of all this. lol

Amongst the Dodger Facebook groups and wives Instagrams do you detect Ms Ohtani has had a single interaction with them?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post

180 mil in losing bets

140 mil in winning bets

Ignoring the pointless anti-Semitic remarks above, yes, I noticed the same things about the bets.

How are they even explaining that Ippei was allowed to get in the hole $40m?

There's only one way I can see this happening.

Ippei lied and said he was doing it for Shohei. He got way in the hole, and begged Shohei to cover $4.5m, which was actually just a fraction of what he owed. Then he got Shohei to send it to the bookie, thus making it look to the bookie like it really was Shohei's bets. Then he kept firing, and got as much as $40m in the hole. He stole the other $11.5m via impersonation to wire the money, and then the bookie got busted and he never paid the rest.

This lol story is pure kikery lols ... it was Ohtani betting

Similar feels to lampshade lols

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: makes sense

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's the criminal complaint: https://www.espn.com/prod/styles/pag...t-mizuhara.pdf

I don't have time now, but I'll definitely read it all a bit later.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The beard in this story might actually be this weird sudden appearance of a wife.

yakuza
    That's also very mysterious.

Ohtani was not known to be dating anyone, and all of a sudden, right before spring training, he announced that he just married the love of his life in Japan.

It surprised many people that a public figure such as Ohtani would be able to date someone under the radar, and nobody understood the secrecy. Why would he be ashamed about dating a seemingly normal Japanese girl? Why was this hidden?

Whole thing is so odd.

Would be disturbing if it turned out Ippei was his gay lover, and his handlers quickly arranged a marriage in advance of this whole gambling mess coming out.
    So being a degenerate faggot is like -350 now.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Federal Authorities accuse Shoei Ohtanis ex-interpretor of stealing 16M

this is back in the news he got scammed probably, by a trusted friend...

Load Metric
    tax deduction for casualty loss, ohtani figures to be in the 38% federal bracket and the 13% California...it can result in recovery of over 1/3 of the loss depending on other deductions...that is why confession by interpreter is important to prove theft
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Technically I did steal from him. it’s all over for me.”

Bolded part tells me all I need to know. They both were probably betting, but then Ippei degened out.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Technically I did steal from him. it’s all over for me.”

Bolded part tells me all I need to know. They both were probably betting, but then Ippei degened out.

That line got me, too.

I wondered what "technically" meant. Had to mean something. If he just outright stole, the answer would have been something like, "No, I actually did steal it". Here the "technically" part implies some sort of middle ground.

I'm still going with the first $4.5m not being stolen, and the other $11.5m being stolen. However, your theory is also possible.

I want to know the exact statement Ohtani made to the FBI. That will speak volumes. Very low chance he would be dumb enough to lie to the FBI, given that he didn't commit any crimes here. I guess the only exception would be if he bet on baseball, as lying to the FBI (as not the subject of their investigation) would be preferable to losing out on $700m.

Load Metric
    Asians love to gamble though

Load Metric
    $300m of action over the course of 19,000 bets - but never on baseball … the downswings and pressure would never bring us to violate that sacred trust.

Name:  IMG_8552.gif
Views: 148
Size:  77.5 KB

Also, big shout out to Homeland Security’s efforts here.

Some sharp operators are taking stuff like Padres RL vs Yamamoto tonight. I feel utterly conventional these days

Load Metric
    Some sharp operators are taking stuff like Padres RL vs Yamamoto tonight. I feel utterly conventional these days

Load Metric
    Ok i am willing to admit i may have gotten this one wrong.

Maybe. Im still not convinced. But…..

I am told that the Feds have voice recordings of the interpitor from the bank impersonating Ohrani to get the money transfers approved.

Load Metric

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Ok i am willing to admit i may have gotten this one wrong.

Maybe. Im still not convinced. But…..

I am told that the Feds have voice recordings of the interpitor from the bank impersonating Ohrani to get the money transfers approved.
    What does that fundamentally change? It’s not like most of the guys who cheat with PEDs get it directly. It’s some trainer as middle man.

Theoretically, if you believe Ippei was placing wagers for him, he’d almost certainly also be the one paying them. Especially with Shohei having issues with English.

Something is off. That a bank would just take a phone call where they ship off half a million suggests some type of arrangement approved of by Ohtani. It’s not like anyone could fake an accent and give his mothers maiden name and ship $500k to some random American.

Feels like where a technically would come into play. I technically did call and convince them to send the money, but he was sitting right next to me. Ohtani had to be part of it at some point. I can believe he stole from him somewhere down the road. But that’s not where it began, which is the only relevant thing to did Ohtani have a gambling problem? No one cares if Ippei had a worse one. No one gives a fuck if that dude goes to jail.

I have to quit posting on my phone. These idiotic emojis

Thread Information