Thread: Biden and Inflation is going to crush him in 2024

Load Metric

Biden and Inflation is going to crush him in 2024

So this poll game out yesterday:

General Election: Trump vs. Biden
    Reuters/Ipsos
    Trump 48, Biden 50
    Biden +2

This the first poll to come out in quite a while show Joe Biden ahead. Reuters is notoriously unreliable, versus say the NY Times and Wall Street Journal which are usually spot on and shows Trump with a clear recent lead. But regardless, the MSM is all over this Reuters poll as well as Drudge (which is owned by a left wing family since Matt Drudge sold it). One headline read as follows:

New poll shows Biden with a shocking lead

It's clear Trump by every other poll, especially in the states that matter has a pretty large lead. Now that can change, but it really looks bleak for Biden. His base is completely fragmented due to Hamas supporters hating on Israel, but the inflation issue is crippling. Here again the MSM touts every day inflation is slowing, which it is, but prices are still crazy high. My price for car insurance went up nearly $200 from last year, despite no tickets or accidents. When I called to protest I was told it was due to rising costs of accidents since vehicles cost more now. I am looking for a new SUV, a Chevy Tahoe. The MSRP is $2,000 higher from this time last year despite no added features.

But the real killer for Biden are food costs. I normally don't pay attention to food costs, but yesterday I got a pound of the premium version of sliced turkey at the deli. I normally just put it in the basket and walk away, but I saw it was $13.49. I was like WTF, I asked the guy who sliced it what happened to $9.99 a pound, he laughed and said every meat is up $2-$3 a pound from last year. I then noticed the Gatorade I was buying went from 32 ounces to 28 ounces. Earlier this week I was at Outback, and I noticed they added $1 to their sirloin special, went from $14.99 to $15.99. Last week I went to Subway for the first time in a couple years. Got a 6 inch sub with a bag of chips and a soda. I dunno, I am thinking $8, nope $12, then I gave a tip so it was $14, whatever happened to the $5 footlong?

I got plenty of money, but if I am noticing let me put it like this Biden is totally fucked. Now I will say this, if you want to hunt for deals they are out there. For the first time in my life I went into a Dollar General, I was out of town on a business appointment and was way early so I had a couple hours to kill so went into a Dollar General, just out of curiosity. Yeah, they had plenty of specials with weird ass labels I had never heard of, but I guess ketchup is ketchup and mustard is mustard when you think about it. But the place was fucking filthy dust everywhere and plenty of shoplifting going on, I did not witness any but you could just tell shit was getting ripped off, some razors were behind a plastic casing that was obviously wedged apart where a small female hand could get in there. I am not saying anything I don't know about posters on this site but splithis came to mind, it looked like her type of store where she could get in and out pretty quick.

Comments

desertrunner: Fake news, Biden is in the suck.

Load Metric
    Amazing a great thoughtful post like this has garnered very few views and no replies. It just suggests this site really is on life support and the intellectual capacity on this site is beneath this post. They just don't understand. Make a post about sub sandwiches you get lots of views.

I might make a post about the greatest pizza you ever had and it would be 7 pages overnight. People on this forum are just so far behind the curve its almost not even worth it anymore.

Comments

splitthis: No, this is just a rehash of 20 other threads

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The poll is inconsequential. All of the polls recently have been +-2 for each candidate, usually Trump with the lead, but sometimes Biden.

We are also 8 months away.

It's going to be close, but at the moment Trump has a decent edge because he's doing well in battleground states. It doesn't matter if Trump loses by 35 points or 25 points in California. It's all the same.

The inflation situation is indeed going to be Biden's big hurdle, and the Democrats are mishandling it. According to the CPI Inflation Calculator, which often runs low when it comes to real consumer cost during high inflationary periods, things are 18% more expensive today than just 3 years ago. Biden was in office during this entire period.

The Biden team thinks that gaslighting the public about this, telling them that "inflation is down" and "the economy is great" will fool them into believing things are fine. It's bullshit. Everyone sees how expensive everything has gotten, and how their salaries haven't kept up. Everyone has seen their savings eaten away by (at least) 18% in just 3 years, even if they have the exact amount of money as they did in March 2021.

Biden should be admitting to the inflation situation, blame COVID, and then explain what he's going to do to give relief to the American family. The problem is that he can't without doing things which would run counter to what the left wants, so instead he crows about taxing the rich and giving a few LOL tax credits or refunds to families, which will do very little.

Comments

desertrunner: Jews dont like inflation.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The poll is inconsequential. All of the polls recently have been +-2 for each candidate, usually Trump with the lead, but sometimes Biden.

We are also 8 months away.

It's going to be close, but at the moment Trump has a decent edge because he's doing well in battleground states. It doesn't matter if Trump loses by 35 points or 25 points in California. It's all the same.

The inflation situation is indeed going to be Biden's big hurdle, and the Democrats are mishandling it. According to the CPI Inflation Calculator, which often runs low when it comes to real consumer cost during high inflationary periods, things are 18% more expensive today than just 3 years ago. Biden was in office during this entire period.

The Biden team thinks that gaslighting the public about this, telling them that "inflation is down" and "the economy is great" will fool them into believing things are fine. It's bullshit. Everyone sees how expensive everything has gotten, and how their salaries haven't kept up. Everyone has seen their savings eaten away by (at least) 18% in just 3 years, even if they have the exact amount of money as they did in March 2021.

Biden should be admitting to the inflation situation, blame COVID, and then explain what he's going to do to give relief to the American family. The problem is that he can't without doing things which would run counter to what the left wants, so instead he crows about taxing the rich and giving a few LOL tax credits or refunds to families, which will do very little.
    People don't realize how the national debt is crippling the economy. Now in the grand scheme, the Republicans are not doing any favors either, but its unmistakable inflation did not exist until Biden got into office. The reality is it will get worse every year as central planners worldwide print more money.

The USA is 34 Trillion in debt, and will be $37 Trillion end of next year regardless of who is President. The problem is solvable, simply raise the retirement age to 70. The system was never designed for people to live 20 years after retiring. It was designed for maybe a decade to spend with your grandkids and that was it. With modern medicine people simply live longer, so they should work longer. You don't like it kill yourself problem solved.

People like splithis and mickeycrimm need to be ringing up groceries or processing dry cleaning orders until they are at least 70, that is just the way it should be. I went to a Denny's the other morning and a mid 60s lady was moving just fine getting my coffee. I even gave her an extra $3 for her hustle and nice attitude.

Load Metric
    its interesting timing, shapiro ringing the bell about sosh security / retirement last week.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    its interesting timing, shapiro ringing the bell about sosh security / retirement last week.
    I've seen the conspiracies.

I think it was just Shapiro with a bad take off the top of his head, and now he's unwilling to take an L.

Usually Shapiro is very measured and reasonable, albeit sometimes from the standpoint of a very religious and overly socially conservative person.

But this one screamed, "Rich guy who doesn't understand the average American", and honestly shocked me. You're not gonna make the case to Joe Working Stiff that he should love working every day until he's in the ground, and that the Social Security he's paid into his whole life just needs to go away without ever paying anything out to him.

Most people see their jobs as a grind they don't particularly enjoy, and retirement is a milestone to which they really look forward. Very few regular working folks think, "You know what would be awesome? If I could keep working well into my 70s, so I'll have a purpose in life!"

Shapiro is 39 and also doesn't know what it's like to feel old, tired, and in pain. As you get closer to retirement age, it starts getting physically tougher to get up and get yourself to work every morning, and to plow through the entire day without taking a nap. It's not like retirees have the same body and health they did at 35.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Instability is not good if your in charge of water works or times you are considering invasion of sovereign territories

This is life and death. No Russian ever wins here, whatever the cost

They actually believe number of bodies dead equals victory.
    There are a couple answers for that tactic
    Just watch as you husbands and fathers are wiped out for no reason.

But they wlll go down. that is what it will take and what will happen
    Last edited by limitles; 03-16-2024 at 06:43 PM. Reason: 1

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Instability is not good if your in charge of water works and times that if you are considering invasion of sovereign territories

You block me from this thread. Why?

Druff blocks me from the Trump thread. An old mistake but still

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    • Instability is not good if your in charge of water works or times you are considering invasion of sovereign territories

Just watch as you husbands and fathers are wiped out for no reason.

Last edited by limitles; Today at 06:43 PM. Reason: 1

• Today, 06:24 PM
      limitles

Originally Posted by limitles
      Instability is not good if your in charge of water works and times that if you are considering invasion of sovereign territories

Last edited by limitles; 03-16-2024 at 07:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Instability is not good if your in charge of water works or times you are considering invasion of sovereign territories

Just watch as your husbands and fathers are wiped out for no reason.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hey, let's vote in some thugs who have already muscled out free enterprise.

We can do it, we got guns etc etc. We are goons and must comply.

Never mind local rape, we want to rape as far as we can. We can simply demolishe

towns etc. and take every asset.

to be continued

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    We have got to the point where it is over

Russia is second class and first class does not put up with that too long.

I promise this.

This little push from Putin is going right back to where it came from

otherwise they are facing deconstruction

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  327B9EC5-A45B-422D-B50F-26F9443A967A.jpeg
Views: 185
Size:  143.8 KB
    We have got to the point where it is over

Russia is second class and first class does not put up with that too long.

I promise this.

This little push from Putin is going right back to where it came from

otherwise they are facing deconstruction
    Todd is gutless

Comments

desertrunner: Ban him Druff!

Load Metric
    Shapiro obv looking to generate views on the heels of Trump but i took a look cause its you. I curse you. Shapiro is an odd little guy and rough on the ears. You hurt me.

Why is this Sonatine worthy?

Shapiro starts off crowing about how he “blew up the internet”. He doesn’t intersect with my world and if it weren’t for you i would never have known he had a take - nor cared.

Shapiro: “There are a few simple facts of the matter regarding social security”. “The retirement age is 65”.

Its 67 you sperg.

He goes on to say its crazy we have not raised the retirement age. I covered this for Druff’s edification a while back. The only thing that has changed is that infant mortality has declined. Once you reach adulthood longevity has been pretty static for a couple hundred years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    The truth is that being over 50 is basically an exercise of being lucky enough to dodge all the various things that can kill you.
    The luck has always been more relevant on the front end - not the back end of a life cycle

Human longevity over thousands of years has had a pattern where if you survived to 30 humans where likely to sail another 40. This is remarkable but true.

It has always been more difficult to survive to adulthood than into old age. Infant mortality and childhood diseases etc.

The above has always been my understanding. Prove me wrong, bruh.

Ironically, there is no purpose to living past 50 as your children are typically adults by that point. Biologically, you serve no purpose past 50.
    The guy who never met a foreign intervention he didn’t like talks about social security funding. We covered the $10 trillion spent the past 2 decades on our various militwry follies with Kalam recently in one of the Israel threads.

We are covering Ukrainian pensions Ben. No irony?

I could go on about his idiotic observation about people dying within 5 years of retirement or his dopey take that work provides purpose and fulfillment in people’s lives.

I had to stop. I’ve done nothing to deserve this

I remember hall of fame Sonatine OP’s that were reason to check the site. We are doing Shapiro? I don’t get it.

You made me look.

Load Metric
    Trump has ZERO.ZERO chance of winning the next election.

You don't fuck with the American Intelligence Community and get away with it. Mainly the Pentagon, CIA and NSA. They have already decided to fuck Trump. It's actually easier to fix elections in America than in a foreign country and "they" are not stupid enough to leave behind any fucking evidence.

The next election has already been decided.

Congratulations Joe Biden.

Please somebody remind him that he's President.

Load Metric
    Shapiro obv looking to generate views on the heels of Trump but i took a look cause its you. I curse you. Shapiro is an odd little guy and rough on the ears. You hurt me.

Why is this Sonatine worthy?

Shapiro starts off crowing about how he “blew up the internet”. He doesn’t intersect with my world and if it weren’t for you i would never have known he had a take - nor cared.

Shapiro: “There are a few simple facts of the matter regarding social security”. “The retirement age is 65”.

Its 67 you sperg.

He goes on to say its crazy we have not raised the retirement age. I covered this for Druff’s edification a while back. The only thing that has changed is that infant mortality has declined. Once you reach adulthood longevity has been pretty static for a couple hundred years.

The truth is that being over 50 is basically an exercise of being lucky enough to dodge all the various things that can kill you.
    The luck has always been more relevant on the front end - not the back end of a life cycle

Human longevity over thousands of years has had a pattern where if you survived to 30 humans where likely to sail another 40. This is remarkable but true.

It has always been more difficult to survive to adulthood than into old age. Infant mortality and childhood diseases etc.

The above has always been my understanding. Prove me wrong, bruh.

Ironically, there is no purpose to living past 50 as your children are typically adults by that point. Biologically, you serve no purpose past 50.
    The guy who never met a foreign intervention he didn’t like talks about social security funding. We covered the $10 trillion spent the past 2 decades on our various militwry follies with Kalam recently in one of the Israel threads.

We are covering Ukrainian pensions Ben. No irony?

I could go on about his idiotic observation about people dying within 5 years of retirement or his dopey take that work provides purpose and fulfillment in people’s lives.

I had to stop. I’ve done nothing to deserve this

I remember hall of fame Sonatine OP’s that were reason to check the site. We are doing Shapiro? I don’t get it.

You made me look.

SS reform is a poison. its why every election cycle, one of the stand-by slurs is 'they are going to go after your social security!'. but the reason why its such a visceral and powerful accusation is because deep down we know sooner or later, some generation is going to be the last one to have it.

so i always pay attention to who is bringing it up and why.

shapiro is an intellectually emasculated hack clown so naturally the right considers him a prophet and a teller of great truths. basically hes carrying the same ball as tucker and candice and all the other tentpole revivalist grifters.

so for him to strut up to the microphone and declare social security an albacore around all our necks instead of braying about how 'the woke left' wants to do away with it so we need to double our weapons shipments to israel etc etc is really quite noteworthy.

and for him to clumsily roll back his very clear points almost immediately is also very noteworthy.

not sure who he was testing the waters for but i can make some guesses.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    SS reform is a poison. its why every election cycle, one of the stand-by slurs is 'they are going to go after your social security!'. but the reason why its such a visceral and powerful accusation is because deep down we know sooner or later, some generation is going to be the last one to have it.

shapiro is an intellectually emasculated hack clown so naturally the right considers him a prophet and a teller of great truths. basically hes carrying the same ball as tucker and candice and all the other tentpole revivalist grifters.

so for him to strut up to the microphone and declare social security an albacore around all our necks instead of braying about how 'the woke left' wants to do away with it so we need to double our weapons shipments to israel etc etc is really quite noteworthy.

and for him to clumsily roll back his very clear points almost immediately is also very noteworthy.

I think that those pushing these conspiracy theories haven't watched Shapiro and his business model enough.

Shapiro was a child genius who was both small and socially awkward, and was relentlessly bullied. It didn't help that he skipped two grades. He has talked about it here and there, even sharing one story where some fellow Jewish kids hit him at a camp sleepover, and his dad tracked down the kids and threatened to hit their heads with a hammer if it happened again.

His original path in life was to be an attorney. And he was a practicing one for a few years. However, at the same time he was writing conservative editorials, and had written two books by age 21. He slowly seeped into conservative consciousness, and was eventually elevated by Andrew Breitbart.

Unfortunately for Ben, or maybe fortunately, Brietbart croaked a short time after Ben got there, and he fell out with new leadership within a few years.

This caused him to start Daily Wire in 2015, along with the mostly-unknown Jeremy Boering, who was more of a business guy than Shapiro. From there, everything took off, and now both Shapiro and Boering are very rich. They also control most of conservative online media, having swallowed up most of the prominent conservative social media influencers. That's how Candace Owens ended up with them, which has been a predictable headache. As I'm sure you remember, they almost had Steven Crowder as well, but that fell apart, and then they completely cucked Crowder, who then further cucked himself when it came out that he was a shitty boss, an emotional abuser of his wife, and possibly a closet homosexual.

My point here is that Daily Wire is basically unchallenged in the conservative social media space, which then leads to them occasionally saying and doing dumb shit.

Shapiro thought he was sharing an unspoken truth about social security and what the people really want, but it turns it out he had no understanding of the needs and desires of the working man. So he made himself look like a fool, arguing that retirement shouldn't happen, and that people are happy working until they're in the ground. His statistic about people dying within 5 years of retirement? That's more correlation than causation. People are more likely to completely retire when they're having physical health problems which make working difficult or impossible. There is actually a real factor where people sometimes die earlier when either depressed or lacking a purpose in life. This is why married couples often die within a year of one another. However, this isn't a reason for people to keep working until they keel over. You can find purpose and meaning in lots of things which don't involve working for someone else.

Shapiro whiffed that one hard. He attempted to semi walk it back when he realized how stupid it sounded. The last thing you want is to be seen as the elitist who doesn't understand the common man. Trump proved that you can be rich and still related to blue collar folks, if you address them like friends, and understand their gripes with government and life. Shapiro has to be careful to be the opposite of that.

With all of that said, I actually think Shapiro is a good and mostly honest guy. Note that he was one of the few major right wing media figures who refused to go along with the stolen election crap, and also refused to go along with anti-vaxx crap in 2020-21. Unfortunately, his partner Jeremy Boering doesn't seem to have many scruples, and Shapiro seems to be falling more and more under his influence. But you can't blame Boering for the social security shit. That one was all Ben's gaffe.

Load Metric

I think that those pushing these conspiracy theories haven't watched Shapiro and his business model enough.

Shapiro was a child genius who was both small and socially awkward, and was relentlessly bullied. It didn't help that he skipped two grades. He has talked about it here and there, even sharing one story where some fellow Jewish kids hit him at a camp sleepover, and his dad tracked down the kids and threatened to hit their heads with a hammer if it happened again.

His original path in life was to be an attorney. And he was a practicing one for a few years. However, at the same time he was writing conservative editorials, and had written two books by age 21. He slowly seeped into conservative consciousness, and was eventually elevated by Andrew Breitbart.

Unfortunately for Ben, or maybe fortunately, Brietbart croaked a short time after Ben got there, and he fell out with new leadership within a few years.

This caused him to start Daily Wire in 2015, along with the mostly-unknown Jeremy Boering, who was more of a business guy than Shapiro. From there, everything took off, and now both Shapiro and Boering are very rich. They also control most of conservative online media, having swallowed up most of the prominent conservative social media influencers. That's how Candace Owens ended up with them, which has been a predictable headache. As I'm sure you remember, they almost had Steven Crowder as well, but that fell apart, and then they completely cucked Crowder, who then further cucked himself when it came out that he was a shitty boss, an emotional abuser of his wife, and possibly a closet homosexual.

My point here is that Daily Wire is basically unchallenged in the conservative social media space, which then leads to them occasionally saying and doing dumb shit.

Shapiro thought he was sharing an unspoken truth about social security and what the people really want, but it turns it out he had no understanding of the needs and desires of the working man. So he made himself look like a fool, arguing that retirement shouldn't happen, and that people are happy working until they're in the ground. His statistic about people dying within 5 years of retirement? That's more correlation than causation. People are more likely to completely retire when they're having physical health problems which make working difficult or impossible. There is actually a real factor where people sometimes die earlier when either depressed or lacking a purpose in life. This is why married couples often die within a year of one another. However, this isn't a reason for people to keep working until they keel over. You can find purpose and meaning in lots of things which don't involve working for someone else.

Shapiro whiffed that one hard. He attempted to semi walk it back when he realized how stupid it sounded. The last thing you want is to be seen as the elitist who doesn't understand the common man. Trump proved that you can be rich and still related to blue collar folks, if you address them like friends, and understand their gripes with government and life. Shapiro has to be careful to be the opposite of that.

With all of that said, I actually think Shapiro is a good and mostly honest guy. Note that he was one of the few major right wing media figures who refused to go along with the stolen election crap, and also refused to go along with anti-vaxx crap in 2020-21. Unfortunately, his partner Jeremy Boering doesn't seem to have many scruples, and Shapiro seems to be falling more and more under his influence. But you can't blame Boering for the social security shit. That one was all Ben's gaffe.

i could see this all being true. honestly i had no idea other people shared my thoughts/concerns, and knowing there are already conspiracy theories out there doesnt really sway my thoughts here in any direction. i just tend to trust my gut reads but as you pointed out, its not like i spend a lot of time in his ecosystem.

Load Metric
    “The federal government was in fact established in order to provide for the common defense and security of the United St*tes. That is the number one task of the federal government. And yet the federal government is actually under funding defense at this point." - Ben Shapiro

Thread Information