Thread: Larry H. Parker, personal attorney is Donk Down at 75...

Load Metric

Unhappy Larry H. Parker, personal attorney is Donk Down at 75...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    One of the best known faces of the late '80s and '90s injury lawsuit boom.

This gave rise to a lot of imitators who would advertise during daytime TV in the early '90s, including one particularly egregious one which proclaimed, "You might be injured and not even know it!"

Some tort reform law slowed down these out of control injury claims, though the business still persists to some degree.

Parker was also criticized for popping up major accident victims and having them claim in commercials that "Larry H Parker got me $2.4 million", when in reality these people were massively injured and could not walk anymore. One of them they liked to show was a black guy they sat on a motorcycle, who in fact had no ability to ride one anymore.

A lot of shady lawsuits went down in those days.

Load Metric
    These guys do provide a good service though. My uncle (now late uncle) was swiped by a drunk driver with no insurance. He basically was shelved with a broken hip for months. He hired one of those billboard attorneys you see on the highways saying call me if injured in a wreck. I thought for sure he was screwed since the driver had no insurance was was on parole and was going away for years, in other words he had no money. The firm went after the bar that served the driver, and the construction company that was doing work on the road and Medicare since he was 65. He walked away with nearly $300,000 when all said and done and the firm got their 40%. It did take a year to get paid, but he did get his money and all his medical bills paid.

It would be interesting to see how much those highway billboards cost, they obviously work.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    These guys do provide a good service though. My uncle (now late uncle) was swiped by a drunk driver with no insurance. He basically was shelved with a broken hip for months. He hired one of those billboard attorneys you see on the highways saying call me if injured in a wreck. I thought for sure he was screwed since the driver had no insurance was was on parole and was going away for years, in other words he had no money. The firm went after the bar that served the driver, and the construction company that was doing work on the road and Medicare since he was 65. He walked away with nearly $300,000 when all said and done and the firm got their 40%. It did take a year to get paid, but he did get his money and all his medical bills paid.

It would be interesting to see how much those highway billboards cost, they obviously work.
    When I was a personal injury attorney I had a yellow page ad that cost me $45,000 a year. It paid for itself.

Comments

The Boz: Different industry but years ago the pizza industry was the same. Either buy the biggest ad or you are wasting your money with a small ad.

desertrunner:

Load Metric
    The industry is strong and thriving here in Florida. You cannot go through a commercial segment without an ad for at least one. Morgan & Morgan is the biggest but there are plenty more spending what has to be tens of millions annually on TV ads and billboards.

And of course they advertise the huge awards they earned for clients until you read the fine print. They take 50% plus costs which I assume are inflated as well.

The ads also target each other with claims they don’t settle as much as XXXXX and get bigger awards. It’s definitely a cut throat industry and we are all paying for it with higher insurance rates.

Comments

desertrunner: I recently saw a lot of this in Florida as well.

Load Metric
    All of us in Las Vegas also see this on the billboards all over. It would be nice to see the industry calm down some and be more ethical.

Note- Living in Nevada, best to incorporate to protect yourself against a possible frivolous lawsuit.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

When I was a personal injury attorney I had a yellow page ad that cost me $45,000 a year. It paid for itself.
    Yellow pages, hard to believe yellow pages was an advertising vehicle back in the day. When I worked at Dominos in the early 90s there were teens that would come in every day with xeroxed Dominos coupons, it was generally a buck or two off a large pizza. Finally we had enough and began refusing them. One day the franchise owner was in there and went nuts when some kid came in with obviously a copy of a phone book coupon and we refused the order. He took it and basically said he did not give a shit if it was a forgery or not, he wanted us to accept it. Later in the evening he calmed down and explained to us the dollar off coupon was spent last year and already factored into the cost because he raised prices. I was 17 and I am looking at him, this is the same guy who created a culture to pick up pepperonis off the floor and use them to save on food costs.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    All of us in Las Vegas also see this on the billboards all over. It would be nice to see the industry calm down some and be more ethical.

Note- Living in Nevada, best to incorporate to protect yourself against a possible frivolous lawsuit.
    Yes, Nevada seems to be a lot more permissive regarding personal injury claim law, thus you see a ton of injury attorney billboards all over the city, as well as TV ads.

The best known is Glen Lerner:

If you lived in Vegas for any length of time in the 2000s or later, you're very familiar the jingle, "Glen Lerner is the way to go... call 877-1-5-0-0!"

In 2012, the Las Vegas Sun had a political cartoon contest, where the readers would write their own caption for a cartoon with two cars (one driven by each November 2012 Congressional candidate) had collided head-on with one another.

The best 4 would be selected by LV Sun staff, and then voted on by the public.

The winning caption?

And who was the person who came up with that caption?

A gentleman named Todd Witteles.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2012/se...nd-lawyer-win/

I knew that would win, because Lerner had etched himself into all of our minds. I emailed Lerner's office to make them aware of it, but they never responded to me. You'd think they'd show a little appreciation for the free publicity. Sad!

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    One of the best known faces of the late '80s and '90s injury lawsuit boom.

This gave rise to a lot of imitators who would advertise during daytime TV in the early '90s, including one particularly egregious one which proclaimed, "You might be injured and not even know it!"

Some tort reform law slowed down these out of control injury claims, though the business still persists to some degree.

Parker was also criticized for popping up major accident victims and having them claim in commercials that "Larry H Parker got me $2.4 million", when in reality these people were massively injured and could not walk anymore. One of them they liked to show was a black guy they sat on a motorcycle, who in fact had no ability to ride one anymore.

A lot of shady lawsuits went down in those days.
    I remember mentioning on another Website something like," Take note that Law Injury advertising ALWAYS have the Victim who won a lot of money in a settlement being only shot from the stomach up. It's never a full body shot. How do we know the Victim didn't lose a leg or both legs and that's how they won that huge settlement?" Posters responded something like,"Damn, Karen Nathan made a good point!"

Comments

The Boz: Retarted comment

country978: its ok

splitthis: Lol boz
    People paid thousands of dollars for the Fyre Festival only to end up living like Refugees! I feel sorry for them! How could anyone NOT feel sorry for them?

Silver
    Load Metric
    There is another large firm in Los Angeles called Jacoby & Meyers. Back in the late ‘80s I knew someone who sold a car to the daughter of one of the founders. She was an attorney also. She filled out the credit app and while looking it over he saw what he thought was an error and pointed out to her that it was asking for monthly income not yearly. She looked at it and said, no $150,000 that’s correct.

A lot of people think that personal injury attorneys are made up of all attorneys from lower-tier law schools and they tend to have shady reputations. However, you will find alot of these attorneys graduate from top tier schools. Part of the attraction is that unlike working for a large corporate firm there is a lot less pressure and stress. They don’t have the same type of requirements to bill hours out to clients and the work doesn’t have to come home with them, they can actually work more or less 9-5.

I was just looking at Jacoby & Meyers website, whoever does their hiring appears to have an eye for the ladies!

Name:  IMG_1835.jpeg
Views: 82
Size:  587.7 KBName:  IMG_1834.jpeg
Views: 78
Size:  480.0 KBName:  IMG_1833.jpeg
Views: 78
Size:  498.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_1832.jpeg
Views: 77
Size:  482.1 KBName:  IMG_1831.jpeg
Views: 74
Size:  496.4 KBName:  IMG_1830.jpeg
Size:  665.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_1829.jpeg
Views: 75
Size:  554.2 KBName:  IMG_1828.jpeg
Size:  622.9 KBName:  IMG_1827.jpeg
Size:  556.5 KB

15 of their 19 associates are women.

Comments

Dan Druff:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Please do not troll in this or any serious / semi-serious threads.

I deleted one post here and moved another to the Wizard of Vegas / DJ Chaps thread (because it belonged more there).

Thank you.

Comments

Karen Nathan: Thank you Dan. :) I seriously considered responding to the negative insults, but you deleted the negative insults. :) Thank you once again. :):)

The Boz: I get it, but Karen Nathan is still a retarted piece of shit who shits on the floor of chicken restaurants.

splitthis: Lol boz

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post

Yes, Nevada seems to be a lot more permissive regarding personal injury claim law, thus you see a ton of injury attorney billboards all over the city, as well as TV ads.

The best known is Glen Lerner:

If you lived in Vegas for any length of time in the 2000s or later, you're very familiar the jingle, "Glen Lerner is the way to go... call 877-1-5-0-0!"

In 2012, the Las Vegas Sun had a political cartoon contest, where the readers would write their own caption for a cartoon with two cars (one driven by each November 2012 Congressional candidate) had collided head-on with one another.

The best 4 would be selected by LV Sun staff, and then voted on by the public.

The winning caption?

And who was the person who came up with that caption?

A gentleman named Todd Witteles.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2012/se...nd-lawyer-win/

I knew that would win, because Lerner had etched himself into all of our minds. I emailed Lerner's office to make them aware of it, but they never responded to me. You'd think they'd show a little appreciation for the free publicity. Sad!

that's awesome Todd, well done! is this the first time you have shared this?

Load Metric
    Hutmaster: and the work doesn’t have to come home with them, they can actually work more or less 9-5.

you have no idea what you are talking about.

Comments

splitthis: It’s not pizza lol

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Hutmaster: and the work doesn’t have to come home with them, they can actually work more or less 9-5.

Just about all of my college friends are attorneys that graduated from top-tier law schools….Harvard, Berkeley, Michigan, UCLA. They all started out as associates at big corporate firms like Munger Tolles & Olson, Fenwick & West, O’Melveney & Meyers, etc….they worked a hell of a lot more than 9-5, 40 hours per week. They were under immense pressure to produce billable hours. If you think guys at large corporate firms work 9-5 then you are an idiot. A PI attorney doesn’t have that type of pressure, a lot less stress. Most personal
    Injury attorneys are solo practitioners or work for very small firms. Generally they can work 9-5 unless perhaps they are at trial.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post

Just about all of my college friends are attorneys that graduated from top-tier law schools….Harvard, Berkeley, Michigan, UCLA. They all started out as associates at big corporate firms like Munger Tolles & Olson, Fenwick & West, O’Melveney & Meyers, etc….they worked a hell of a lot more than 9-5, 40 hours per week. They were under immense pressure to produce billable hours. If you think guys at large corporate firms work 9-5 then you are an idiot. A PI attorney doesn’t have that type of pressure, a lot less stress. Most personal
    Injury attorneys are solo practitioners or work for very small firms. Generally they can work 9-5 unless perhaps they are at trial.

try again, read the limited portion of your know-it-all post which i quoted. what did it discuss? ah, yes, plaintiff attorneys only - whereupon you opinioned the hours they work under little stress.

for some background - i graduated from a T1 law school, magna cum laude. i worked at a big law firm for a bit and then several years at a smaller defense shop. so, yeah, i have a better grasp of the hours required than you do, though i am sure you are deeply in the know vicariously because of your "friends" in big law who hang out at your pizza shop.

from there i spent the rest of my career in a plaintiff's practice. so, i'm going with my understating of the hours it takes to make one of those shops successful rather than yours.

i can't believe i just wasted 5 minutes of my life explaining this to you. tyde was right. you are a fucking stooge, know-it all small little man who couldn't quite reach the next prong of life. keep trying though. and don't burn the crust on those soggy pies along the way.

Comments

splitthis: I like this edgy Telly

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post

So let me get this straight, all your buddies went to some of the best law schools in the country and became big time attorneys, and you elected to go into the training program at a Pizza Hut? Really? That had to be incredibly awkward when you all got together a few years later, meeting up with them fresh from work wearing a name tag, pizza sauce in your finger nails.

Comments

Tellafriend: got him

Thread Information