Thread: Drizzly shuts down next week

Load Metric

Drizzly shuts down next week

It was an online liquor delivery service, which Uber bought for $1.1Billion. 3 years later they are closing it. I thought, wow, what a terrible purchase? Or was it? Here is a detailed post from a liquor store owner. It's quite obvious Uber will soon be one of the largest companies in the world, just watch. Buy all you can of their stock for a 20 year play.

"From a liquor store inside perspective. Let’s go back 4 or 5 years. For us there were only 2 viable platforms (aside from our own e-commerce site) to start using an online alcohol delivery service. We used doordash and drizly. Drizly quickly became the preferred platform. Why? Drizly achieved the difficult task of technological integration to an incredibly big network of liquor stores who connected their LIVE inventory from the stores POS platforms to the Drizly platform. Basically giving our customers a great shopping experience by browsing the stores isles online, knowing that those products were in stock and available. Let’s talk about DoorDash. To this day the DoorDash platform still does not have the ability to connect to my POS platform. DoorDash has nothing more then a list of items we carry, but as any liquor store will tell you, inventory levels change by the minute. Additionally many brands are taken in and some brands are discontinued by the week. The likelihood of a DoorDash customer ordering an item that is out of stock or no longer available is very high on DoorDash platform. This leads to a less than desirable customer experience. DoorDash customer service has been telling me that point of sale integration is coming for 4 years. But It never does. So what Uber achieved by buying drizly was a fully integrated platform with retailers which aside from the booming business model they got the ability to “data mine” our inventory and sell that info to wholesalers and suppliers. Shortly after buying drizly we were interconnected to the Uber eats platform. At this point the writing was on the wall. They began transitioning the Drizly customers over to the massive uber eats platform. Of the last 30 orders only 7 were drizly. I expect the last stragglers using drizly will be easily brought over to Uber eats. There is still some uncertainty about how the final integration will work due to a vaguely worded letter to retailers. In my opinion Uber became the industry leader in alcohol delivery by purchasing drizly. A billion dollars seems like a lot but considering what they got.. it may have been a huge bargain at that price. Also we tried postmates and Grubhub platforms with terrible results from both.."

Load Metric
    I’ve been watching Uber for years now and the one corporate platform they subscribe to is- It’s ok to keep getting sued and paying out millions in settlements.

Me- I keep thinking it’s better NOT to get sued to begin with and save money on lawyers, fines and settlements. But Uber seems to think different. With that in mind, I rather not buy their stock.

Load Metric
    The biggest asset/flaw with Uber Eats, DoorDash and other apps is they are counting on the stupidity of lazy individuals working for them. Their “independent contractors” are making less than minimum wage in many cases if they calculate the expenses to their vehicles but they don’t care. Many are unemployable in normal jobs for multiple reasons so they exploit them. No interviews before hiring, just a simple background check to insure they aren’t Manson.You literally have people living in their cars delivering DoorDash.

I keep thinking the public will stop paying their huge fees but again, I underestimated the laziness of a large segment of it. I certainly won’t invest in it but it’s very possible I’m wrong.

Comments

Sanlmar: these companies prey upon the mathematically challenged.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    I’ve been watching Uber for years now and the one corporate platform they subscribe to is- It’s ok to keep getting sued and paying out millions in settlements.

Me- I keep thinking it’s better NOT to get sued to begin with and save money on lawyers, fines and settlements. But Uber seems to think different. With that in mind, I rather not buy their stock.
    They can afford it and probably consider it the cost of doing business.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    The biggest asset/flaw with Uber Eats, DoorDash and other apps is they are counting on the stupidity of lazy individuals working for them. Their “independent contractors” are making less than minimum wage in many cases if they calculate the expenses to their vehicles but they don’t care. Many are unemployable in normal jobs for multiple reasons so they exploit them. No interviews before hiring, just a simple background check to insure they aren’t Manson.You literally have people living in their cars delivering DoorDash.

I keep thinking the public will stop paying their huge fees but again, I underestimated the laziness of a large segment of it. I certainly won’t invest in it but it’s very possible I’m wrong.
    You understand Tyde drove for Uber during the Pandemic?

Load Metric

I know what you meant, but were he alive, I’d easily pay a thousand dollar surcharge for Manson to bring me my takeout. Even crazier than the Unabomber, but then he’d just spit out quotes I remember 30 years later. Plus he was like 5’2 120.

I remember watching the first 12 seconds of this video live and just nodding at how true it was. Even more true now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I know what you meant, but were he alive, I’d easily pay a thousand dollar surcharge for Manson to bring me my takeout. Even crazier than the Unabomber, but then he’d just spit out quotes I remember 30 years later. Plus he was like 5’2 120.

I remember watching the first 12 seconds of this video live and just nodding at how true it was. Even more true now.

Funny thing was Manson never killed anyone. Yes he ordered killings, but he was never around for the killings himself.

I really never put Manson in the serial killer group. You take a guy like John Wayne Gacy. He was a flat out psychopath. Same with Ted Bundy and that chick hitchhiker who would kill dudes in Florida for no reason. But Manson never sliced anyone up.

You want a straight up lethal killer read the story on Charles Ng, he was probably the biggest sociopath this country has ever seen, he just got caught early.

Load Metric
    Someone I know made 160k last year, up from 130k the year before. Even after all the minuses still good bank.

Bet the house. They is no ending to the poor lazy ordering food for delivery and the rich careless Uber blacking it everywhere.

Uber shopping, booze delivery, grocery delivery, food delivery is only growing on top of carting people around.

They aren’t done finding every nook and cranny to squeeze money out of. Lazy Americans are lapping it up selling their future away.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Name:  1000064975-removebg-preview.png
Views: 93
Size:  129.9 KB

Comments

Sloppy Joe: GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Funny thing was Manson never killed anyone. Yes he ordered killings, but he was never around for the killings himself.

I really never put Manson in the serial killer group. You take a guy like John Wayne Gacy. He was a flat out psychopath. Same with Ted Bundy and that chick hitchhiker who would kill dudes in Florida for no reason. But Manson never sliced anyone up.

You want a straight up lethal killer read the story on Charles Ng, he was probably the biggest sociopath this country has ever seen, he just got caught early.
    I heard a podcast on that Ng guy a few years ago. Probably that time suck pod as he does serial killers all the time.

Yeah Manson wasn’t a traditional serial killer. More an antisocial pimp who grew up in prison and learned all the tricks. I’ve always been amazed at a tiny little guy like him managing to have a harem and keep bikers and shit in line.

I have this book I bought maybe a year ago called Chaos. I saw the author on Rogan. It’s an entire book of basically theories about him. Its ranges from moderate to CIA mind control shit. Dude was hired by a magazine to write about the Manson killings and became obsessed with all the different versions and spent like 20 years broke and finally just self published it.

I liked him in the interview because he didn’t claim to know. Just figured he better publish all this shit before he died and said it was mostly just speculation and crazy interviews with people. It piqued my interest because I never believed the whole Helter Skelter motive. It’s also crazy how many celebrities crossed paths with Manson in those few years.

One if his goons had just been arrested for a gory murder and it seemed obvious he was trying to get him out by a copycat murder occurring while he was in. Plus I never bought it was some coincidence that he’d been at that house where Dennis Wilson lived and had just moved out and he was pissed at him.

I just found Manson himself amusing. He had the funky cult leader speak mixed with pimp talk.

Ted K was brilliant, just a different type of crazy, but he probably died a virgin. Manson had a hell of a run and got others to do his killing, which is not easy.

Dudes like Bundy are something I can’t even grasp. Obviously some deep hatred of women. Good looking articulate guy, yet he couldn’t help himself. That prison escape then fleeing to Florida to kill some more is horror movie shit.

Load Metric

I heard a podcast on that Ng guy a few years ago. Probably that time suck pod as he does serial killers all the time.

Yeah Manson wasn’t a traditional serial killer. More an antisocial pimp who grew up in prison and learned all the tricks. I’ve always been amazed at a tiny little guy like him managing to have a harem and keep bikers and shit in line.

I have this book I bought maybe a year ago called Chaos. I saw the author on Rogan. It’s an entire book of basically theories about him. Its ranges from moderate to CIA mind control shit. Dude was hired by a magazine to write about the Manson killings and became obsessed with all the different versions and spent like 20 years broke and finally just self published it.

I liked him in the interview because he didn’t claim to know. Just figured he better publish all this shit before he died and said it was mostly just speculation and crazy interviews with people. It piqued my interest because I never believed the whole Helter Skelter motive. It’s also crazy how many celebrities crossed paths with Manson in those few years.

One if his goons had just been arrested for a gory murder and it seemed obvious he was trying to get him out by a copycat murder occurring while he was in. Plus I never bought it was some coincidence that he’d been at that house where Dennis Wilson lived and had just moved out and he was pissed at him.

I just found Manson himself amusing. He had the funky cult leader speak mixed with pimp talk.

Ted K was brilliant, just a different type of crazy, but he probably died a virgin. Manson had a hell of a run and got others to do his killing, which is not easy.

Dudes like Bundy are something I can’t even grasp. Obviously some deep hatred of women. Good looking articulate guy, yet he couldn’t help himself. That prison escape then fleeing to Florida to kill some more is horror movie shit.
    Manson was incredibly unique because as you said he was simply a bouncing around felon and grifter. It would have been plausible if he was a rich trust funder, or had built up a following in a local church over a period of years. The latter you could see women like Split joining the fray. He was just a broke 1960s guy masquerading as a hippie. For whatever reason he had developed a persona that allowed the most socially inept people to follow him and his 'teachings'. If he was in his prime today, he'd probably be a multi-millionaire social influencer. He'd still cause deaths, it would simply be socially accepted given big tech's influence.

Load Metric

Manson was incredibly unique because as you said he was simply a bouncing around felon and grifter. It would have been plausible if he was a rich trust funder, or had built up a following in a local church over a period of years. The latter you could see women like Split joining the fray. He was just a broke 1960s guy masquerading as a hippie. For whatever reason he had developed a persona that allowed the most socially inept people to follow him and his 'teachings'. If he was in his prime today, he'd probably be a multi-millionaire social influencer. He'd still cause deaths, it would simply be socially accepted given big tech's influence.

That's a pretty smart assessment that explains a lot on how Trump has persisted.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Thread is flourishing beautifully

100% some of the Manson clan would have been Door Dash drivers today.

Thread Information