Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So today I was diagnosed with Alcoholic Hepatitis, but here is the real story

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=gauchojake;1117642]One of the worst aspects of quitting drinking for me was the sleep issue. I took 1-2 Benadryl tablets a night until I pushed through the worst of it. Magnesium is also a solid supplement for sleep. 5 HTP is another that helped with my moods and sleep. These days if I wake up in the middle of the night, I rarely have an issue falling right back to sleep.[/QUOTE ]

Look at you, you fat bulging
    Italiano freak. Go back to you homeland you dinosaur.

Comments

splitthis: Les on a roll

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    One of the worst aspects of quitting drinking for me was the sleep issue. I took 1-2 Benadryl tablets a night until I pushed through the worst of it. Magnesium is also a solid supplement for sleep. 5 HTP is another that helped with my moods and sleep. These days if I wake up in the middle of the night, I rarely have an issue falling right back to sleep.
    Yeah, sleep is the worst now. I dread it to be honest. I never know when I will just wake up with anxiety. But tonight since I have been up since 2:30am I will be fine. I'll at least get to 5am and that is close enough these days. Staying away from any pills, my liver has had enough I figure.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    One of the worst aspects of quitting drinking for me was the sleep issue. I took 1-2 Benadryl tablets a night until I pushed through the worst of it. Magnesium is also a solid supplement for sleep. 5 HTP is another that helped with my moods and sleep. These days if I wake up in the middle of the night, I rarely have an issue falling right back to sleep.

No on cares Greek

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Yeah, sleep is the worst now. I dread it to be honest. I never know when I will just wake up with anxiety. But tonight since I have been up since 2:30am I will be fine. I'll at least get to 5am and that is close enough these days. Staying away from any pills, my liver has had enough I figure.
    LOL anxiety.

Likely will dissipate the longer you stay dry. Hopefully you haven't thrown it all away doing trashy white shit like Irish car bombs today.

Comments

mickeycrimm: a sloppy joe blowjob will help you sleep
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Well, my liver pain finally went away. I am not really concerned about the long term effects to my liver to be honest. Only 30% of Alcoholics ever progress to liver failure, now to be fair it really is because most drinkers die of heart disease first. But I feel good, lost 10lbs just organically by not pumping loads of alcohol sugars to my gut. I listen to AA audios a lot on the web, just personal stories. I don't believe in AA principles whatsoever, but I do like listening to stories about how people monumentally fucked up do to alcohol. One story I listened to the other day was a guy who woke up half immersed in a Florida canal after a bender. I mean you have no idea if its true but it sounded like it was.

This is a audio I keep going back to, its a good listen:

https://mirror.xa-speakers.org/speak...nion200432.mp3

It's been over 2 months and I have only drank once, it wasn't much I was in a wedding and slammed back three cocktails, but I started to feel guilty so I just stopped for the evening. I am not one of those day counters, I just know I quit earlier this year.

I find myself sleeping a lot less. Some nights I am only getting 4 hours. I generally get up at 4am now, which is weird and downright creepy. I hooked up an antenna for fun, and get the strangest shows on at 4am. I am into the Paper Chase series, it's about a first year law student, why its on local programming at 4am on some channel I have never heard of, no idea. It's quite interesting, you got the codger old Professor John Houseman, I really only remember him from Rollerball. And those financial commercials. But it is interesting watching local programming and local commercials.

Going to call the Doctor this week, my BP is like 100-60. It's never been that low, and I am quite sure I no longer need BP meds since I am not drinking any longer.

Comments

Sanlmar: Trip report +++

Load Metric
    Watergate and its daily appearance on television inspired a generation to become lawyers. In turn, this interest made the book “One L” a best seller. “Paper Chase” was the film adaptation of that book.

Name:  IMG_8528.jpeg
Views: 187
Size:  29.6 KB

That earnest belief in the law and justice in the early 1970’s is quaint and in striking contrast with what we find in America today. It’s a beautiful and innocent time capsule of a different era and sensibility.

The television series ran six years. A show about education and ideals. I wonder how odd a Gen Z would find this.

Timothy Bottoms played the law student who was the central character in the movie. When George 'the younger' Bush was elected POTUS, a silly TV comedy series sprang up briefly, called 'That's My Bush.' It lampooned Bush, and his wife, by accurately portraying him as a dunce. A much older Bottoms played Bush II. Timothy Bottoms portrayed our country’s idealism and later its cynicism.

John Houseman played the professor in both film and television. Never seen anything like him.

“Tick tock” as Tellafriend says.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Watergate and its daily appearance on television inspired a generation to become lawyers. In turn, this interest made the book “One L” a best seller. “Paper Chase” was the film adaptation of that book.

Name:  IMG_8528.jpeg
Views: 187
Size:  29.6 KB

That earnest belief in the law and justice in the early 1970’s is quaint and in striking contrast with what we find in America today.

The television series ran six years. A show about education and ideals. I wonder how odd a Gen Z would find this.

Timothy Bottoms played the law student who was the central character in the movie. When George 'the younger' Bush was elected POTUS, a silly TV comedy series sprang up briefly, called 'That's My Bush.' It lampooned Bush, and his wife, by accurately portraying him as a dunce. A much older Bottoms played Bush II. Timothy Bottoms portrayed our country’s idealism and later its cynicism.

“Tick tock” as Tellafriend says.
    The series is quite interesting, its about a series of characters that are grinding through law school. John Housman is obviously the star, you kind of wait anxiously for his appearance on every episode. I am in the middle of season #2, you can tell it's starting to wane a bit. I mean how many law review deadlines can one have? The other night was someone stealing the test question from the Professor's office. It just reminded me of one of those throw away Sopranos episodes, like WTF is this? But I am sticking with it.

Here is the movie opening scene:

Comments

Sanlmar: It’s so damn unique. Love it.

Load Metric
    Well, my liver pain finally went away. I am not really concerned about the long term effects to my liver to be honest. Only 30% of Alcoholics ever progress to liver failure, now to be fair it really is because most drinkers die of heart disease first. But I feel good, lost 10lbs just organically by not pumping loads of alcohol sugars to my gut. I listen to AA audios a lot on the web, just personal stories. I don't believe in AA principles whatsoever, but I do like listening to stories about how people monumentally fucked up do to alcohol. One story I listened to the other day was a guy who woke up half immersed in a Florida canal after a bender. I mean you have no idea if its true but it sounded like it was.

It's been over 2 months and I have only drank once, it wasn't much I was in a wedding and slammed back three cocktails, but I started to feel guilty so I just stopped for the evening. I am not one of those day counters, I just know I quit earlier this year.

I find myself sleeping a lot less. Some nights I am only getting 4 hours. I generally get up at 4am now, which is weird and downright creepy. I hooked up an antenna for fun, and get the strangest shows on at 4am. I am into the Paper Chase series, it's about a first year law student, why its on local programming at 4am on some channel I have never heard of, no idea. It's quite interesting, you got the codger old Professor John Houseman, I really only remember him from Rollerball. And those financial commercials. But it is interesting watching local programming and local commercials.

Going to call the Doctor this week, my BP is like 100-60. It's never been that low, and I am quite sure I no longer need BP meds since I am not drinking any longer.
    Glad to see it's going well for you but come on, you're fiddling around with an antenna at four in the morning to watch public access television? That's darker than splitthis dragging her AIDS carp in her living room for the winter.

Crack open a book or go for a walk to blow off some steam. One of these nights you're going to realize how pathetic this is and will find yourself halfway thru a fifth in short order.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Glad to see it's going well for you but come on, you're fiddling around with an antenna at four in the morning to watch public access television? That's darker than splitthis dragging her AIDS carp in her living room for the winter.

Crack open a book or go for a walk to blow off some steam. One of these nights you're going to realize how pathetic this is and will find yourself halfway thru a fifth in short order.
    You are really a negative person. You are the guy whose wife refuses to have sex with you, correct? So what, I wake up at 4am and watch local programming, you ought to try it rather that being so fucking judgemental. Split actually provides decent content to this site. You on the other hand, fuck I have no idea what you do other than be a monumental prick.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

You are really a negative person. You are the guy whose wife refuses to have sex with you, correct? So what, I wake up at 4am and watch local programming, you ought to try it rather that being so fucking judgemental. Split actually provides decent content to this site. You on the other hand, fuck I have no idea what you do other than be a monumental prick.
    Brother I'm supporting your attempts at putting your life in order. Reading AA pamphlets and fiddling with antennas to watch Maury reruns is going to have you at the liquor store at 9am pounding at the door, Pockles style, in short order.

Things dried up for a time post C-section but we're back in business. Watch how things dry up for you when you start spouting 12-step nonsense and recapping the 430am Matlock.

Just start drinking now, some men aren't meant to take life straight.

Load Metric
    Anyone still crying TDS is such a FUCKING loser at this point, he was 100 times worse than anyone even thought.
    He tried to stay in office after he lost (otherwise known as being a dictator),

and stop w/the BS 'it was antifa' or the 'it was a bunch of tourists' lie, Jack told the truth and the entire crowd cheered him on.

MAGA Republican Pledges “End of Democracy” to Rabid Cheers at CPAC

https://newrepublic.com/post/179247/...racy-cpac-2024
    Welcome to the end of democracy. We are here to overthrow it completely,” Posobiec said as the event began.
    We didn’t get all the way there on January 6, but we will endeavor to get rid of it and replace it with this, right here,” he said, gesturing to the crowd and holding up his fist.

So I have been a heavy drinker my whole life and at the 50 year old threshold I went to an internist. My gastritis flares up when I drink, and even though I rarely have drank in 2024, when I do it is like a soldering iron inside my stomach. Concerned it was cancer I went through an MRI and other internal tests I won't bore everyone with last week. They basically determined it was Alcohol induced gastritis and hepatitis, which I kinda knew was the cause, because when I stop drinking for a couple weeks the symptoms just go away. Then if I start again they flare up.

So anyway, I pressed the Doctor about if I have cirrhosis and he was basically non committal, saying even if they did a rather invasive scan it would be inconclusive at best. Well I pressed and said I wanted the invasive scan. He said insurance would not cover an optional test, but that is up to me and my insurance company and not him.

After back and forth he basically said since I am not orange in color like Trump I probably don't have cirrhosis. Then I saw his degree on the wall, Ivy league school. I said you fucking left wing lunatics are all the same, you can't get over your TDS. Mind you I went to a big time North East school myself, but I am not taking any shit either.

He basically said I can leave his practice and never come back. I said Go Biden, and he basically mocked me on the way out telling the nurse I was not welcome back due to harassment.

This story is 100% true with no embellishments. So much for the Socratic Oath or whatever its called.

Comments

splitthis: Red ftw
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

No on cares Greek
    The other thing that really helped was being able and willing to take direction from the people who had figured it out.

Comments

splitthis: Gottem

Thread Information