Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So today I was diagnosed with Alcoholic Hepatitis, but here is the real story

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Try the ask Trump line. $400.00 per minute but you know you’ll get a straight amswer.

Wimp

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive_Bar_Dave View Post
    Tgull, how much do you drink? 750ml of hard liquor a day? More? Do you drink all the time, or just at night?
    Never been a day drinker outside vacations. I don't want to impair my ability to drive, where I live you blow over a .01 you are sentenced to jail, there is no I will get a great lawyer to get out of it, its the law and wildy embraced by voters. A neighbor of mine got picked up Superbowl 2020 right before Covid. He thought he would escape jail, hired a great lawyer, etc.. Nope. When Covid passed he had to serve four consecutive weekends in jail, wife dropped him off 5pm on a Friday, picked him up 5am Monday. He was 40 and one weekend his cellmate was a 19 year old meth head who pleaded with him to suck his dick in the middle of the night. LOL.

So getting through a 1/5th of Vodka in a day would be damn near impossible just at night. I generally at my peak would go through a bottle every three days, but I would have wine as well, alternating drinks. My issues really came to binge drinking on vacations. I take 7 weeks off a year, many of them cruises which you get the drink package, all day long. If I had to identify a source of my hepatitis it would be that. I am going to a resort next week for 5 days and will not be drinking, going to be tough since there are like 4 bars on the property including one on the beach. Good thing is I am a reader so have 4 good books to keep me occupied during the down times.

Load Metric
    Time to quit alcohol altogether. Join a gym. Clean up your diet. NO WEED.

Blah blah blah Blah blah.

You are a hypochondriac. Doing things that harm your health make you core diagnosis worse. Just stop doing that shit.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

You are a hypochondriac. Doing things that harm your health make you core diagnosis worse. Just stop doing that shit.
    You are a moralizer for sure in your newly found Jesus inspired sobriety. I don't wish ill on you because you are MAGA and we need every vote in November. But a bout of ovarian cancer in 2025 will serve you right.

Load Metric
    Tgull and myself seem similar when it comes to drinking. Well maybe minus the hepatitis. My father did die from Cirrhosis though and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. He actually got cirrhosis from hepatitis plus drinking, and he wasn't even a hardcore drinker. He drank Bud and not even that much. I'm more of a vodka binge drinker usually 8-12 on most Friday nights. Don't really have a shut off switch. Can't even speak of the dumb shit I've done and money I've spent when on a bender, which again is most Friday nights. I'm trying to stop and I say this every Sat or Sunday but by Friday I'm ready for a vodka gimlet or ten. Like clockwork. As of now, haven't had any blood work come back bad or any other illness but I will be 50 this October so perhaps it's time to pay more attention to my bad habits. Then again Friday is tomorrow.....

Regardless, I always enjoyed reading Tgull's posts so hopefully nothing major is wrong with the guy.

Comments

garrett: Welcome Back

Load Metric
    Pooh and gull need to go to aa together or……they will end up in hospice together.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

You are a moralizer for sure in your newly found Jesus inspired sobriety. I don't wish ill on you because you are MAGA and we need every vote in November. But a bout of ovarian cancer in 2025 will serve you right.
    I knew split back in the 80s. She was one of those skanks who would suck your cock in the bathroom at 2am for one more line of coke. Then, she woke up one morning and discovered what a train wreck her life had become. She found Jesus, and I’m happy for her, but now “she’s above it all”. Jesus was quite at home in the presence of sinners. It was the self righteous that annoyed him.

Load Metric
    If you watched your father die one of the 2 worst ways to die, then decide to roll the dice binge drinking welllll.

Liver death is horrific.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Tgull and myself seem similar when it comes to drinking. Well maybe minus the hepatitis. My father did die from Cirrhosis though and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. He actually got cirrhosis from hepatitis plus drinking, and he wasn't even a hardcore drinker. He drank Bud and not even that much. I'm more of a vodka binge drinker usually 8-12 on most Friday nights. Don't really have a shut off switch. Can't even speak of the dumb shit I've done and money I've spent when on a bender, which again is most Friday nights. I'm trying to stop and I say this every Sat or Sunday but by Friday I'm ready for a vodka gimlet or ten. Like clockwork. As of now, haven't had any blood work come back bad or any other illness but I will be 50 this October so perhaps it's time to pay more attention to my bad habits. Then again Friday is tomorrow.....

Regardless, I always enjoyed reading Tgull's posts so hopefully nothing major is wrong with the guy.
    8-12 drinks was light work in my teens and early 20's, would have meant crippling hangover in late 20's and I can't even fathom how awful I would feel now.

Was a moderate drinker through mid 30's, then gave it up as part of training for a marathon.

Didn't end up running it but felt undeniably better after a couple of months with no alcohol; never felt any different doing the faggot dry January.

If I were 50, rich and childless I would probably just keep boozing, but bottomset is poor and allegedly married with children and should stop.

Comments

splitthis: Yet you’re still an idiot liberal, hopefully will wake before they get your kids.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    We know we're all getting old when tgull writes up a doctor trip report and doesn't come back with an abnormally awesome clean bill of health.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    We know we're all getting old when tgull writes up a doctor trip report and doesn't come back with an abnormally awesome clean bill of health.

Load Metric

Getting blood work done is the absolute best thing any person can do health wise short of living a healthy lifestyle. You may get blood test back that says your liver is now starting to be impacted and you may choose to do nothing about it and keep drinking, but at least you know what you are dealing with.

Load Metric

If you watched your father die one of the 2 worst ways to die, then decide to roll the dice binge drinking welllll.

Liver death is horrific.

It really is a horrific way to go. Two years ago I lost a childhood freind to alcoholism. Left behind a 2 year old daughter. He just couldn't put the bottle down.

Now that being said there wasn't a day that didn't go by where he didn't have several drinks. Its my understanding its not so much that you have 180 drinks in a month. Its that you had 6 drinks every day like clockwork with no chance for your liver to recover. You would be “better off” having 45 drinks on the four fridays and let your body repair its self the other 6 days.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Liver death is horrific.

It really is a horrific way to go. Two years ago I lost a childhood freind to alcoholism. Left behind a 2 year old daughter. He just couldn't put the bottle down.

Now that being said there wasn't a day that didn't go by where he didn't have several drinks. Its my understanding its not so much that you have 180 drinks in a month. Its that you had 6 drinks every day like clockwork with no chance for your liver to recover. You would be “better off” having 45 drinks on the four fridays and let your body repair its self the other 6 days.
    Your last paragraph is kind of true for all vices except opiates where a heavy night means no tmrw.

The body is resilient as hell.

I might have 40 drinks over a weekend when something is going on, but I also go months without a single drink.

Those with bad liver values tend to be the consistent drinkers who drink every day even if it’s not all that heavy.

Load Metric

I really don't even think about to be honest. It's like thinking about getting cancer. I heard a great interview about 10 years ago on Satellite radio, it was late at night and the guy was on Bloomberg and he was a a hedge fund guy who was worth over $200M. The host and him knew each other for 20 years and he was 59, dying of brain cancer. The host asked how he was feeling and he joked he was given 20 months to live and he is in month #19 so you can just imagine how he feels. He said he was sleeping 16 hours a day and spent the rest of his limited time with his kids, wife and dogs.

The conversation started talking about estate taxes because he obviously was going to will his money away shortly, so how to pay the least was the topic, for someone close to brain death he was remarkably coherent about money. At the end the segment it shifted to death, his death. He said he was embracing death and in full acceptance. He theorized we all get to the finish line, he is just getting to it earlier than he wanted. He was so matter of fact about it, I never forgot it. When asked by the host in an esoteric way why he was embracing death, he calmly said what choice did he have?

Anyway, I am not dying any time soon. I could go at 60 or 80. If I didn't have kids I would definitely take the burn out than fade away route, but that is just me. So I have cleaned up, but I do miss drinking. Although, I do not miss the anxiety associated with waking up with a hangover, as alcohol is a depressant and really does affect your outlook on life.

Comments

Tellafriend:

Load Metric
    Pooh and gull need to go to aa together or……they will end up in hospice together.
    Get off your high horse you redneck, snaggle toothed chimp lover. I could cut open my ball sack and more money would pour out than your entire street is worth. Got that bitch?

Comments

Sloppy Joe:

splitthis: Money pouring balls means nothing if you are dead Darwin.

Load Metric
    Get off your high horse you redneck, snaggle toothed chimp lover. I could cut open my ball sack and more money would pour out than your entire street is worth. Got that bitch?
    There is not much you can do about her. When someone on the far right finds Jesus late in life, or someone on the far left feverishly embraces Climate Change, they are gone forever. The far left is worse because the Jesus evangelists generally keep it in their own family, versus a climate zealot who aggressively goes after people driving SUVs.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

There is not much you can do about her. When someone on the far right finds Jesus late in life, or someone on the far left feverishly embraces Climate Change, they are gone forever. The far left is worse because the Jesus evangelists generally keep it in their own family, versus a climate zealot who aggressively goes after people driving SUVs.
    I'm a Repub and I vote but I've gotten to the point where I don't really give a crap. I'm just one dude in a state that isn't very blue so we seem good down here, especially on the side of Florida I live on. Plus our SUV is 603 hp but half the city has what we drive it seems. Not too many greenies heckling us.

Comments

country978: post pic of this 603hp beast please

Load Metric
    I'm genuinely sorry, Dr. offices should be safe spaces for patients. It's not appropriate to be making jokes about someone's skin colour. This is not okay and I would strongly encourage you report him to his regulating body. It's important for both patients and doctors to maintain professionalism, even in difficult situations. Using profanity or making political taunts isn't helpful and can make it harder to find common ground. Likewise, doctors should always strive to treat their patients with respect and dignity, regardless of the circumstances.

I know talking about health stuff can be a bit heavy, so here's a lighthearted attempt to lighten the mood: You know, they say laughter is the best medicine, but I think they might have meant it in a metaphorical sense, not for curing hepatitis But hey, on the bright side, at least you've got a good excuse to avoid any "hep" gatherings for a while, right? Remember, humor can be a great coping mechanism, but if you have any serious concerns or questions, don't hesitate to reach out to PFA.
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Thread Information