Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So today I was diagnosed with Alcoholic Hepatitis, but here is the real story

Load Metric

So today I was diagnosed with Alcoholic Hepatitis, but here is the real story

So I have been a heavy drinker my whole life and at the 50 year old threshold I went to an internist. My gastritis flares up when I drink, and even though I rarely have drank in 2024, when I do it is like a soldering iron inside my stomach. Concerned it was cancer I went through an MRI and other internal tests I won't bore everyone with last week. They basically determined it was Alcohol induced gastritis and hepatitis, which I kinda knew was the cause, because when I stop drinking for a couple weeks the symptoms just go away. Then if I start again they flare up.

So anyway, I pressed the Doctor about if I have cirrhosis and he was basically non committal, saying even if they did a rather invasive scan it would be inconclusive at best. Well I pressed and said I wanted the invasive scan. He said insurance would not cover an optional test, but that is up to me and my insurance company and not him.

After back and forth he basically said since I am not orange in color like Trump I probably don't have cirrhosis. Then I saw his degree on the wall, Ivy league school. I said you fucking left wing lunatics are all the same, you can't get over your TDS. Mind you I went to a big time North East school myself, but I am not taking any shit either.

He basically said I can leave his practice and never come back. I said Go Biden, and he basically mocked me on the way out telling the nurse I was not welcome back due to harassment.

This story is 100% true with no embellishments. So much for the Socratic Oath or whatever its called.

Comments

sonatine: got his ass

BetCheckBet:

Load Metric
    I’m sorry for your medical condition. You give a fuck about doctor’s political beliefs? That’s retarded.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    So I have been a heavy drinker my whole life and at the 50 year old threshold I went to an internist. My gastritis flares up when I drink, and even though I rarely have drank in 2024, when I do it is like a soldering iron inside my stomach. Concerned it was cancer I went through an MRI and other internal tests I won't bore everyone with last week. They basically determined it was Alcohol induced gastritis and hepatitis, which I kinda knew was the cause, because when I stop drinking for a couple weeks the symptoms just go away. Then if I start again they flare up.

So anyway, I pressed the Doctor about if I have cirrhosis and he was basically non committal, saying even if they did a rather invasive scan it would be inconclusive at best. Well I pressed and said I wanted the invasive scan. He said insurance would not cover an optional test, but that is up to me and my insurance company and not him.

After back and forth he basically said since I am not orange in color like Trump I probably don't have cirrhosis. Then I saw his degree on the wall, Ivy league school. I said you fucking left wing lunatics are all the same, you can't get over your TDS. Mind you I went to a big time North East school myself, but I am not taking any shit either.

He basically said I can leave his practice and never come back. I said Go Biden, and he basically mocked me on the way out telling the nurse I was not welcome back due to harassment.

This story is 100% true with no embellishments. So much for the Socratic Oath or whatever its called.
    You should report him for the offensive remark. The medical profession is no place for a person to inject that type of talk.

Also, your symptoms go away when you don't drink but the urge to drink is so strong that you'd prefer the symptoms?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

You should report him for the offensive remark. The medical profession is no place for a person to inject that type of talk.

Also, your symptoms go away when you don't drink but the urge to drink is so strong that you'd prefer the symptoms?
    Well, there is nothing to report, it was just a argument over an optional procedure. He just got very obnoxious over it, I am not sure why he got so defensive but I was trying to be respectful since I get it, its a thankless profession. It was more about insurance, my guess is he gets stiffed all the time but when I said I will spend the stupid $5000 or whatever for the scan that is when he brought up Trump and it was on.

As far as my drinking, I don't prefer the aftermath symptoms, who would? Drinkers drink because they like the high and it's almost unexplainable. It's a defect in the brain, but I rarely drink any longer, 4 weeks since my last vodka and tonic. I drink a six pack of diet coke a day now not sure what is worse now.

Gold
    Load Metric

Well, there is nothing to report, it was just a argument over an optional procedure. He just got very obnoxious over it, I am not sure why he got so defensive but I was trying to be respectful since I get it, its a thankless profession. It was more about insurance, my guess is he gets stiffed all the time but when I said I will spend the stupid $5000 or whatever for the scan that is when he brought up Trump and it was on.

As far as my drinking, I don't prefer the aftermath symptoms, who would? Drinkers drink because they like the high and it's almost unexplainable. It's a defect in the brain, but I rarely drink any longer, 4 weeks since my last vodka and tonic. I drink a six pack of diet coke a day now not sure what is worse now.
    Prefer was a poor choice of word, sorry. I've abused alcohol plenty in my life but I can't relate to the physical need for a drink. I wouldn't understand someone who knows that if they drink terrible symptoms will come from it and yet do it anyway. I wish you all the best in dealing with it. Do you smoke weed? If you don't I would think you could very much benefit from it.

Comments

Cerveza Fria: Sound Advice. Gringo, sound advice

Load Metric

Prefer was a poor choice of word, sorry. I've abused alcohol plenty in my life but I can't relate to the physical need for a drink. I wouldn't understand someone who knows that if they drink terrible symptoms will come from it and yet do it anyway. I wish you all the best in dealing with it. Do you smoke weed? If you don't I would think you could very much benefit from it.

En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I never know with bottomset what is true and what is not true, so I'll refrain from any serious comment here.

I might believe the part about the medical condition, which is unfortunate if true. I don't believe he had a confrontation with the doctor regarding Trump.

I will say that I didn't realize bottomset was 50. I always pictured him about a decade younger than me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW, there's absolutely nothing you can do if a doctor is rude, unless he's part of a huge bureaucratic medical group. If he's in private practice, or part of a small group, the most you can do is quit going and post a bad review. As doctors tend not to get many reviews (unlike restaurants and hotels), you can greatly affect their business with just a single bad review.

I am not advocating for posting frivolously bad reviews about doctors, but if you really do have a bad experience, it's fine to post a truthful one which is critical. I would not have cared about the Trump remark if it were my doctor.

In Vegas in 2010, I had the worst cold of my life, which I caught during the WSOP. The one I had last year was also pretty bad (also from WSOP), but nothing compared to the 2010 one. Anyway, I ended up getting pink eye in the later stages of the cold. This was almost certainly viral pink eye (which isn't uncommon to occur along with really bad colds), but it had a weird discharge which actually sealed one of my eyes shut until I picked it off, so I got concerned and went to a doctor.

The good news was that I got a same-day appointment.

That bad news was that it was a giant ophthalmologist mill, and had swallowed up pretty much every single ophthalmologist in Vegas. I got to my appointment on time, but I waited about 90 minutes to be seen. When the doctor finally came in, he gruffly said, "Hi, how are you?"

I said, "I'm ok. Long wait today!"

I said it in a cheery sounding voice, trying to make it clear I wasn't complaining, but was just remarking that I had waited awhile.

He then launched into a tirade about how I need to be appreciative that they saw me on such short notice, and I had no right to complain about anything. How about just responding with, "Sorry, we're really busy today", and then getting on with the exam?

But dude didn't give a shit because he knew I had no other choice but that office if I wanted to see an ophthalmologist in Vegas.

He also likely misdiagnosed it as bacterial pink eye. He didn't bother asking what color the discharge was. Apparently clear discharge which occurs while sleeping is usually viral (plus usually follows or rides along with a separate virus), and a yellowish discharge during the day is bacterial. Mine was the former. But I was given antibiotics anyway, and when I asked why he felt it was bacterial, I got yelled at again and told I didn't have to take the antibiotics if I didn't want to.

I didn't bother complaining to anyone or writing any reviews.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I never know with bottomset what is true and what is not true, so I'll refrain from any serious comment here.

I might believe the part about the medical condition, which is unfortunate if true. I don't believe he had a confrontation with the doctor regarding Trump.

I will say that I didn't realize bottomset was 50. I always pictured him about a decade younger than me.
    Everything I posted in my post was true. I am not sure why you think I am lying about my age, I was posting on NWP in my early 30s. What do you think I was like 14 or something then? I actually called NWP Radio in like 2009 or so and was having a conversation with Micon until I got cut off by that fucking shitbag who looked like Michael Phelps while you were eating McDonalds cheeseburgers soaked in packets of ketchup, even Micon commented on how much ketchup you were putting on them

As far as my diagnosis, being 50 you get health issues. You know all about those, like your totally fake mental health issues where you said you were eating yourself to death, or starving yourself to death, I can't remember.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Lol got em

Bronze
    Load Metric
    When I got a vasectomy the doctor said "Are you sure? There are not enough of us." and I had no idea what he was talking about. White? No, dude was egyptian.

I later learned he was referring to being Christian, which I am not, so snip snip.

Gold
    Load Metric
    It’s good you told the doctor off, Donald Trump would b proud of you

Load Metric

What's offensive about him saying 'orange like Trump'?

Trump tries to look orange.

You cucks give snowflakes a bad name.

Lol alcoholic gastritis, stop drinking you fucking deadbeat.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    Brothers it’s only fair to point out that all of these posters suffering such consistent medical conditions all have one thing in common

They do not practice the Nicky Pipes Lifestyle

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

What's offensive about him saying 'orange like Trump'?

Trump tries to look orange.

You cucks give snowflakes a bad name.

Lol alcoholic gastritis, stop drinking you fucking deadbeat.
    You're taking that far too seriously. I really don't care I just thought it was hilarious how tgull went off on the poor guy because he got an ivy league degree.

Gold
    Load Metric
    tgull has what you call an inferiority complex

At least he’s self aware

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Tgull, how much do you drink? 750ml of hard liquor a day? More? Do you drink all the time, or just at night?

Load Metric

Yeah that test kinda sucks been there done that. It’s an MRI and they attach a device on you that vibrates at times to check the elasticity of the liver and does comparisons to check for fatty tissue and scar tissue in the liver. Had it done in 2021 after Covid at the same time they did an Abd MRI to rule out possible lymphoma as well. Thankfully the lymphoma scan was negative however I was diagnosed with early stage NAFLD likely genetic in nature. Have a friend from HS who had no clue they had any issues until their liver failed over the span of barely 2yrs and had to have a transplant. I’ve had marginal elevated liver enzymes at times for awhile due to my chronic use of Tylenol for Neuro pain in my back and leg from my 2 surgeries.

Did they do any labs to check liver function along the way baring one being majorly elevated your probably ok for now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Brothers it’s only fair to point out that all of these posters suffering such consistent medical conditions all have one thing in common

They do not practice the Nicky Pipes Lifestyle
    Go Sun your nuts ya fraud

Platinum
    Load Metric
    In your honor I am drinking Sierra Nevadas….3 max.

Tomorrow I’m hitting the local brewery at night.

Off all week for spring break.

Playing golf with my boys tomorrow, will be great fun even though they suck.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive_Bar_Dave View Post
    Tgull, how much do you drink? 750ml of hard liquor a day? More? Do you drink all the time, or just at night?
    I feel like I wont get an answer to this. People need to know what amount of drinking to avoid, so as not to get bloody ass juice issues.

Thread Information