Thread: New SF Giants manager is anti woke.

Load Metric

New SF Giants manager is anti woke.

Good, no more of that kneeling BS.

Bob Melvin requiring entire Giants dugout to stand for national anthem in policy shift

When the national anthem is playing, the San Francisco Giants better be on the field.

Bob Melvin, the team’s new skipper, told USA Today’s Bob Knightengale that a new policy will go into effect this season and every person in the dugout will be required to stand on the field when the “Star Spangled Banner” plays.

It’s a drastic change from what the Giants used to do when Gabe Kapler was in charge, but Melvin claimed that the decision had nothing to do with politics.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post

Bob Melvin requiring entire Giants dugout to stand for national anthem in policy shift

When the national anthem is playing, the San Francisco Giants better be on the field.

Bob Melvin, the team’s new skipper, told USA Today’s Bob Knightengale that a new policy will go into effect this season and every person in the dugout will be required to stand on the field when the “Star Spangled Banner” plays.

It’s a drastic change from what the Giants used to do when Gabe Kapler was in charge, but Melvin claimed that the decision had nothing to do with politics.
    I thought America was a free country? Sounds militaristic

Stop posting, you have nothing to say.

Did it occur to you that a new manager of a professional baseball team might not have
    his priorities straight? Playing that song in their sleep will do nothing for the Giants position in the standings

I say get rid of the whites

Comments

desertrunner: Stop thinking, you'll hurt yourself.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Did it occur to you that a new manager of a professional baseball team might not have
    his priorities straight? Playing that song in their sleep will do nothing for the Giants position in the standings

You know what sucks? Going to an NHL game and having to listen to “Oh, Canada”. God awful.

Comments

desertrunner:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

You know what sucks? Going to an NHL game and having to listen to “Oh, Canada”. God awful.
    Sounds like brutal few minutes to live through.
    The story is the new manager of he Giants felt the issue was important enough to
    talk to the press about it. Never mind player line-up or the worldwide shortage of steroids.
    He concluded that this move had nothing to do politics. Going back to all cotton uniforms would have
    at least some affect on the squad.

In a related note

"It’s pretty impressive that so many fans knew the words to another country’s national anthem. How many American fans would have been able to return the favor if the audio glitch occurred on this side of the border? And this isn’t even the first time that Maple Leafs fans have come together to finish the American anthem after a technological mishap. Back in 2015. When the anthem singer’s microphone cut out during “The Star Spangled Banner.”.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Get rid of the whites?

Wouldn't that be the end of you, too?

It is not "militaristic" to require athletes being paid millions (or tens of millions) of dollars PER YEAR to keep their political protest bullshit at home.

If America is so terrible to where they feel the need to protest the anthem, they're welcome to leave the country and go play elsewhere for a fraction of the money. They're also welcome to quit MLB and play recreationally, and protest all they want while on the field.

Freedom of speech and freedom to protest has never existed in the workplace. Libs of today seem to have a hard time comprehending that. Funny enough, if you want to say something like "I don't believe men can be women" on a college campus, that's when those same libs want you expelled.

Liberals have a very hard time staying consistent about anything, because they always have different standards for everyone else compared to themselves.

Comments

desertrunner:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Gabe Kapler, former Giants manager, was almost the manager of the Dodgers. They narrowly chose Dave Roberts over him, partially because Dave Roberts is of mixed race (half black, half Asian), and Kapler is white. Thankfully they didn't hire Kapler. Yes, Roberts is a stooge who gets told what to do by Andrew Friedman during games, but at least he's a quiet guy who keeps his politics to himself, and is also very good at managing egos on a big market team.

Kapler decided he's going to be an activist. He was the most woke manager in MLB. I guess that's fitting as manager of a San Francisco team, but that's just coincidental.

The truth is that Kapler has very woke roots. His parents were '60s Jewish New York hippies, who met at an antiwar protest, and got married. No doubt they had a major influence on his political and social views as he grew up. I always wondered how I would have been different if I had left wing parents. Even though I came to my political beliefs on my own, it would have been a lot tougher if my parents were hammering into my head how bad I was for being a conservative.

Anyway, Kapler kneeled for the national anthem in 2020, and then refused to take the field for the anthem in 2022, following the Uvalde shootings: https://www.timesofisrael.com/gabe-k...em-in-protest/

Kapler talked about his dad's influence, saying, "When I was the same age as the children in Uvalde, my father taught me to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance when I believed my country was representing its people well or to protest and stay seated when it wasn’t. I don’t believe it is representing us well right now."

Rich athletes (Kapler was a former player) who claim to hate America are so obnoxious. I do wonder how the left wing Kapler feels about the Hamas attacks on Israel. He once coached Team Israel in baseball, and has a "Never Again" tattoo, referring to the Holocaust. From what I've seen, he's stayed silent on it, possibly meaning he is pro-Israel but afraid to piss off his lefty buddies.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Get rid of the whites?

It is not "militaristic" to require athletes being paid millions (or tens of millions) of dollars PER YEAR to keep their political protest bullshit at home.

If America is so terrible to where they feel the need to protest the anthem, they're welcome to leave the country and go play elsewhere for a fraction of the money. They're also welcome to quit MLB and play recreationally, and protest all they want while on the field.

Freedom of speech and freedom to protest does exist in the workplace. Libs of today seem to have a hard time comprehending that. Funny enough, if you want to say something like "I don't believe men can be women" on a college campus, that's when those same libs want you expelled.

Liberals have a very hard time staying consistent about anything, because they always have different standards for everyone else compared to themselves.
    Getting rid of the whites was clearly a joke.
    Freedom of speech or expression allows you to do so in a work place in lawful manner.
    Freedom to express discontent of a workplace has existed for centuries

Freedom of speech is not an absolute. You can no longer get away broadcasting known misinformation potentially leading others to aggressively act upon the lie causing hate or injury to the parties demonized

Your sexual orientation analogy. does not apply here and it's a bit surprising you mention it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Les, in the US there is no law against "broadcasting misinformation" unless it results in defamation of individuals or businesses.

I realize in Canada there is no absolute right to free speech, which is why you may not get this.

I also realize that liberals like you want to see free speech eliminated or restricted in the US, as well.

Most older US liberals realize this is the wrong approach, but they're also largely afraid of the younger social media savvy crowd, so they keep their mouths shut about this. I don't know about older Canadian liberals, as the value of free speech was presumably not emphasized as much there.

Growing up in the '70s and '80s, the value of free speech was consistently taught to students, and I agreed with it. Back in those days, liberals were much bigger free speech proponents than conservatives -- one of the few things I agreed with liberals. I was ahead of my time, as today conservatives have caught up with the free speech views I had 35+ years ago.

Ironically you are pahticipating on a mostly free speech forum. In fact, I think it's likely you would have been permabanned from almost any other forum community by now, but here you are.

Think about that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Les, in the US there is no law against "broadcasting misinformation" unless it results in defamation of individuals or businesses.

I realize in Canada there is no absolute right to free speech, which is why you may not get this.

I also realize that liberals like you want to see free speech eliminated or restricted in the US, as well.

Most older US liberals realize this is the wrong approach, but they're also largely afraid of the younger social media savvy crowd, so they keep their mouths shut about this. I don't know about older Canadian liberals, as the value of free speech was presumably not emphasized as much there.

Growing up in the '70s and '80s, the value of free speech was consistently taught to students, and I agreed with it. Back in those days, liberals were much bigger free speech proponents than conservatives -- one of the few things I agreed with liberals. I was ahead of my time, as today conservatives have caught up with the free speech views I had 35+ years ago.

Ironically you are pahticipating on a mostly free speech forum. In fact, I think it's likely you would have been permabanned from almost any other forum community by now, but here you are.

Think about that.
    The freedom of speech angle came from you. A manager has every right to say what he did as do employees. My point is it was a ridiculous thing to say. It won't affect the performance of a team with a 160 game schedule

Canada does indeed provide the right of free speech. Only in the near history amendments to it have made stating hate speech is defamatory. Amendment made. You guys should try looking at modern times

Free speech is still limited by American Broadcasters. You might be able to do it now but since regulations on a powerful medium were drawn up, the word shit was never heard south of the border

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Think about that.
    The freedom of speech angle came from you. A manager has every right to say what he did as do employees. My point is it was a ridiculous thing to say. It won't affect the performance of a team with a 160 game schedule

Canada does indeed provide the right of free speech. Only in the near history amendments to it have made stating hate speech is defamatory. Amendment made. You guys should try looking at modern times

Free speech is still limited by American Broadcasters. You might be able to do it now but since regulations on a powerful medium were drawn up, the word shit was never heard south of the border
    Look up the speech laws in Quebec and get back to me. It's surprisingly restrictive, and the Canadian government does not have the power to overrule the province, as there is no absolute right to free speech in Canada.

Ontario has tried to pass similar laws. I lost track if they were successful or not, because I don't care about Canada that much.

Even you are admitting that Canada has passed recent amendments to prevent "hate speech", which is antithetical to a free speech society.

It's funny because I thought freedom of speech was solved hundreds of years ago, but here we are with young idiots reinventing what they think it should look like, not realizing the entire purpose for freedom of speech in the first place.

True freedom of speech is required in order to thwart tyrannical governments from rising to power. If you attempt to tinker with that and state why there need to be exceptions where ideological speech becomes a crime, then you've completely lost the purpose of a free speech society.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Look up the speech laws in Quebec and get back to me. It's surprisingly restrictive, and the Canadian government does not have the power to overrule the province, as there is no absolute right to free speech in Canada.

Ontario has tried to pass similar laws. I lost track if they were successful or not, because I don't care about Canada that much.

Even you are admitting that Canada has passed recent amendments to prevent "hate speech", which is antithetical to a free speech society.

It's funny because I thought freedom of speech was solved hundreds of years ago, but here we are with young idiots reinventing what they think it should look like, not realizing the entire purpose for freedom of speech in the first place.

True freedom of speech is required in order to thwart tyrannical governments from rising to power. If you attempt to tinker with that and state why there need to be exceptions where ideological speech becomes a crime, then you've completely lost the purpose of a free speech society.
    You brought up free speech, not me. This story has zero to do with free speech The U.S,A. believes it has some divine right for this and yet these rights are widely similar across the many nations
    The free speech enjoyed by many is now being recognized as a real weapon to isolate(falsely) groups of people. When no evidence can be provided to support this informaion then there is a fraud and hate element that won't be tolerated

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I brought up free speech because the left has such bizarre and contradictory views on it.

If I'm on a public college campus, and I want to say out loud that I don't believe men can be women, I will be disciplined if I'm a student there, and booted off campus if I'm a non-student. And the left will support these actions against me.

However, if I'm a baseball player making many millions of dollars per year, and the team requires that I abstain from political protest while at work, the left will scream that my free speech rights are being violated.

It's ass backwards, just like everything with the left.

College campuses -- especially public ones -- should be a place where ideological diversity and protest of all (nonviolent/non-disruptive) kinds are allowed and encouraged. But they're not. You can only protest from one side on college campuses -- the left.

The workplace should be where free speech is NOT allowed, and each company should be allowed to determine its own protest speech standards. This should especially be true in settings where the employees are being paid huge money.

Yet here the liberals think it's oppression if baseball players can't kneel during the national anthem, yet they want college campuses free of opposition-to-the-left speech.

It must be exhausting to be on the left and try to explain these logical fallacies to people.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I brought up free speech because the left has such bizarre and contradictory views on it.

If I'm on a public college campus, and I want to say out loud that I don't believe men can be women, I will be disciplined if I'm a student there, and booted off campus if I'm a non-student. And the left will support these actions against me.

However, if I'm a baseball player making many millions of dollars per year, and the team requires that I abstain from political protest while at work, the left will scream that my free speech rights are being violated.

It's ass backwards, just like everything with the left.

I glanced by this

"
    College campuses -- especially public ones -- should be a place where ideological diversity and protest of all (nonviolent/non-disruptive) kinds are allowed and encouraged. But they're not. You can only protest from one side on college campuses -- the left.

The workplace should be where free speech is NOT allowed, and each company should be allowed to determine its own protest speech standards. This should especially be true in settings where the employees are being paid huge money.

Yet here the liberals think it's oppression if baseball players can't kneel during the national anthem, yet they want college campuses free of opposition-to-the-left speech.

It must be exhausting to be on the left and try to explain these logical fallacies to people.
    This clearly has set you off. My point in mentioning the manager's statement is to point out what a useless thing it was to announce. Who cares? They might as well ask them to wear their hat brim at a certain curvature.

This I glanced by and you should erase it.
    "The workplace should be where free speech is NOT allowed, and each company should be allowed to determine its own protest speech standards."

The rest you threw in as you do in almost all threads. Go Padres

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'll make it simple for you, les.

Should a baseball player making millions of dollars be forced to leave his political protest at home, so fans of that team can enjoy the game without politics interfering in such enjoyment?

Comments

desertrunner:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    For people who follow instructions all dayI don't think anyone will care and the national anthem does not pertain to politics
    The majority of players can't make sense of that fiasco cause they're not from America

Load Metric
    What should happen is removing the practice of performing the anthem before all sporting events that don't involve a national team.

It's a dumb, arbitrary tradition that accomplishes nothing beyond providing fodder for both sides to cry about.

If the goal is to depoliticize forms of entertainment, a big rallying cry for Team Retard, just get rid of it and play the games.

Of course we know what the response would be then.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    What should happen is removing the practice of performing the anthem before all sporting events that don't involve a national team.

It's a dumb, arbitrary tradition that accomplishes nothing beyond providing fodder for both sides to cry about.

If the goal is to depoliticize forms of entertainment, a big rallying cry for Team Retard, just get rid of it and play the games.

Of course we know what the response would be then.
    Speaking of dumb or least strange. On a recent Sunday I'm passing a church with bells knockin out a tune

It took a bit to recognize cause the bells are traditionally played at a slow rate. It freaked me out as well because less than an hour prior I listened to two Red Sox fans talk about the seventh inning stretch classic Sweet Caroline which is loved and hated. And that's what was playing. On a Sunday. Out of season

Load Metric

Comments

OK2: nigga meme game tight
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Tom Lasorda required all Dodgers to be visible to fans during the anthem--if not on the field then must have one foot on the top dugout step...he maintained fans wanted to see the players during the playing...it was about selling tickets
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Gold
    Load Metric

Get rid of the whites?

Freedom of speech and freedom to protest has never existed in the workplace. Libs of today seem to have a hard time comprehending that. Funny enough, if you want to say something like "I don't believe men can be women" on a college campus, that's when those same libs want you expelled.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-03-07 011230.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  666.0 KB

this is what we have to endure here

ugly dirt skin retard whores (who nobody watches play their sport) are pissed off the neo-communist maori takeover and more free handout plan got ass raped at the recent election and are having a cry

i work with 10 murrays and none of them are pathetic like this
    RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Thread Information