Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please subscribe to PFA YouTube channel!!!!!111

Load Metric
    just a suggestion, every now and then and maybe often ( but don't over do it ), take a small but very good clip from each show , so maybe like 2-5 minutes long .... with a very catchy title...

and then link the rest of the broadcast to hear the full story or rest of the show ( your full video )....

like a teaser i guess one would say...

Load Metric
    Druff- Please get her to co-host and the numbers will def go up..

Comments

BUBBLES: Fa Sho!

Load Metric
    bump 974

Bronze
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thumbs up as well but a question.

Donkdown Radio was a real show. The cast of characters both real and fictional not to mention the drama was not to missed

I know YouTube is run by boy scouts but is there not a corner of the channel where you could post the hall of fame content, such as Badguy's award winning performance?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Good Luck, Druff! Happy to help.

Name:  PFA youtube.png
Views: 151
Size:  30.4 KB

Load Metric
    Listened to episode you had vegas Matt on hard to phantom he has 100,000 subscribers. Hope you have same success. Martin called in on that episode. I was really surprised he was well spoken and intelligent wonder what makes him go monkey tilt on you. Lol Eden rock the artist how bizzare
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 03-03-2024 at 03:35 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Vegas Matt has become a huge sensation in the YouTube slot world.

I have people I know outside of poker asking me, "Hey, have you heard of a guy named Vegas Matt?", and when I explain that he's a friend of PFA, they are surprised.

PFA will never experience the growth that Matt's channel had, because my show is a niche topic and format which won't attract a wide audience.

I have had some people approach me over the years, including recently, insisting that I have enough broadcasting talent to create a big YouTube show for a much broader subject. I've been offered to do other shows, where the person would promote me and help make it big.

It's been tempting, but I simply don't want the burden of a second show, so I've always turned it down. If I ever tried such a thing, I would have to shut down PFA Radio.

The other issue is that I have a much better audio presence than video presence, especially now that I'm older. So any show I'd do, I would want it to be audio only, which runs counter to the YouTube world.

Load Metric
    Druff- we need to do Desertrunner Radio next. We can do the “weekly flashlight” segment and talk investments. It would be such a hit. LOL

Comments

simpdog: Umm no thanks

Load Metric
    Eadan rock interview was the best

Bronze
    Load Metric
    bump

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Now that it's all over, I have something to confess.

I was demonetized before I even fully got monetized.

But it's all cleared up now, and I'm just 5 subscribers from printing Jewtube Gold.

Here's what happened:

Prior to September 2023, the PFA YouTube channel was simply used to post occasional content I found online, but which wasn't widely shared. It was rarely my own content, but rather content I thought people should see.

In 2015, I stumbled upon an interesting video of a fight at Harrah's New Orleans poker room, where an average-sized dude beat up a big roidhead who was trying to bully him. The video was not mine at all, but I found it on some obscure Facebook group, and basically the masses hadn't seen it, nor were they going to. I decided to grab it and throw it up on the PFA channel. Note that I was not monetized, nor was I trying to get monetized back then. I just wanted it saved on the internet somewhere, in an easily accessible spot.

Well, the thing blew up and got a ton of views. Right now it has 1.2 million views -- by far the most of anything I've posted on the PFA channel. Most of those views were in the mid-2010s. I can't link it here because it's "age restricted" (YouTube's decision, not mine).

A few years into it, the guy who took the video found it and saw all the views. He claimed it as his own, and now he gets the money whenever people view it. Okay, fair. This was not a copyright strike, but rather just transferred the rights to monetization of that video alone to the original creator. Again, I never monetized anything from it, as my channel was not monetized.

A few other videos I found on the internet also had something similar occur. In each case, the video was found in an obscure Facebook group, was nowhere on YouTube, and nobody attempted to put them on YouTube (or claim it for monetization) until much later.

So what does this have to do with PFA Radio in 2024?

Well, here's how YouTube monetization works:

In order to become monetized, you need to accumulate at least 1000 subscribers, plus a certain number of "watch hours" of your videos. I am already past the hours, and am 5 subscribers away from hitting the 1000. So I expect to be there within days.

However, there is a lower threshold to APPLY for monetization, as there is a lower version of monetization which allows you to receive donations and sell members-only content. I am not interested in those features, as YouTube takes a whopping 30%, so fuck that. However, you can speed up the full monetization by applying for this lower version first. If you get approved, then you're considered a "YouTube Partner", and your full monetization automatically begins once you hit the necessary numbers.

So that's what I did. And I was approved!

However... I found out some bad news on Sunday. I had been demonetized before even getting fully monetized. Why? Because YouTube had determined that a fairly high percentage of my overall channel views came from that Harrah's video. Their bot incorrectly determined that the PFA channel was simply just a channel reposting others' content, which obviously isn't true.

I submitted an appeal, stating the following facts:

- The main video generating those views was posted 9 years ago

- At the time, my channel was not monetized, and that video was nowhere else publicly accessible on the internet

- Since September 2023, nearly all of my watch hours have been from my own original podcast content, featuring my own voice

I was disappointed to find out that I could not simply fix the problem by removing the Harrah's video, or by removing others on my channel which weren't my own. If I attempted to do that, YouTube would see this as attempting to after-the-fact influence the demonetization decision (lol), and I would be prevented from appealing or reapplying for 90 days. Fuck. So that wasn't an option.

I was also told by YouTube support that the appeal would take "14 days", and to be patient.

Knowing that YouTube is mostly managed by bots/AI, I was not optimistic.

But guess what? Just one day later, a human being manually reviewed my appeal, decided I was correct, and I was re-monetized.

For once, the system worked.

Comments

The Boz: If only they worked this fast on Chrissy in the past.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    two thumbs down

Bronze
    Load Metric
    996. If and that’s a big if- If I click that subscribe button and am one of the next 4 to help monetize your Jewtube channel -

will I get 10 percent of your revenue in perpetuity?

I assume yes

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Bump. I subscribed 997. Let’s get that $$$

Bronze
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    999 only one more negro needed for 1,000 , person who gets it wins a free hat

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Will we get there tonight?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    We are in the money!!!!!

Comments

David USF: We?

Load Metric
    Still at 999

Comments

dmndkutr: Where’s your sense of community?

Thread Information