Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MS (multiple sclerosis) Foundation fires 90-year-old woman because she doesn't understand personal pronouns

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

MS (multiple sclerosis) Foundation fires 90-year-old woman because she doesn't understand personal pronouns

MS Society, whose goal was supposedly to help those suffering from multiple sclerosis, made the odd decision to become political lately, and started pushing bizarre DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) messaging.

Now they're in a whole heap of controversy, after they fired a 90-year-old woman named Fran, who had been volunteering at MS Society since the early 1960s. What did Fran do? She said that she didn't understand people selecting their own pronouns, and that it didn't make sense to her.

In mid-January, Fran received an obnoxious email telling her to stay away in the future.

On February 8, highly viewed conservative Twitter account "Libs of Tiktok" exposed this, resulting in lots of panic on the part of MS Society leaders, and the abrupt decision by its longtime President to "retire later this year".

Here's the progression....

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1755722713069494774
    https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1757831067762110604
    https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1757947172216041735
    https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1758187593907519614
    https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1758240429353714020
    https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1758287651248226544

https://twitter.com/mssociety/status/1758234953865626090

A Statement from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
    February 15, 2024

For more than 75 years, the National Multiple Sclerosis Society has advanced one bold vision—a world free of MS. Through thousands of volunteers, dedicated staff, and generous donors, we live that vision every day. We welcome anyone to join us to advance that mission. As an organization, we firmly believe that we best serve and support those living with MS by creating a space that welcomes all. This is especially true for self-help group leaders, who are responsible for leading meetings for people affected by MS to confide in and support one another. Recently, a volunteer, Fran Itkoff, was asked to step away from her role because of statements that were viewed as not aligning with our policy of inclusion. Fran has been a valued member of our volunteer team for more than 60 years. We believe that our staff acted with the best of intentions and did their best to navigate a challenging issue. As an organization, we are in a continued conversation about assuring that our diversity, equity and inclusion policies evolve in service of our mission, and will reach out to Fran in service of this goal.

Cliffs:

- MS Society coldly fires a 90-year-old volunteer who had helped them for over 60 years, due to not understanding personal pronuns

- MS Society gets blown up for this on Twitter by Libs of Tiktok

- MS Society President abruptly announces she is retiring later this year.

- MS Society keeps defending their actions, getting everyone on Twitter more pissed.

- MS Society puts out an ambiguous statement that they will "reach out to Fran" in service of their diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) goals

- MS Society scrubs their board member page, in order to hide the names of everyone responsible for all of the above

How exactly does DEI work its way into a medical advocacy organization?

This is why you can't trust liberals to run anything these days. No matter how apolitical the organization, they find a way to insert their propaganda, and divert attention away from what really matters.

The MS Society should work to cure or lessen the effects of MS. That's it. No DEI or political bullshit. Why is that so tough?

Comments

Tellafriend:

Mission146: 90? Poor lady. She might have been saying she didn't know what the word, 'Pronouns,' means, in any context.

desertrunner: Good post Druff.

Load Metric
    I’m def going to share this and spread the word. F them.

Druff- Thanks for the good thread.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Doubt it. Cliffs
    The story behind the story. Fran was an incontinent right wing nut who has
    lost her mind

Worst thread of 2024.
    Todd is going to shit himself over his failed allegiance to the failed Republican party

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Doubt it. Cliffs
    lost her mind

Worst thread of 2024.
    Todd is going to shit himself over his failed allegiance to the failed Republican party
    Why is an organization about MS getting involved with DEI crap?

Why are they trying to browbeat old ladies into calling people ze/zey/zim instead of "he"?

Isn't the point of an MS organization to raise money for research and advocate for patients?

Load Metric
    Druff has been nailing it lately.

Comments

David USF: rah rah sis boom bah. Gooooooo Druff!!!!!

Mission146: Offset. Druff is objectively right on this one.

Load Metric
    Liberals are satanic.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Doubt it. Cliffs
    lost her mind

Worst thread of 2024.
    even with no proof, this sounds much more probable than the narrative "LibsOfTikTok" wants to put out... is this REALLY where conservatives are getting their "news" now? there HAS to be more to the story...

So this old bag didn't want to do what she was told and they relieved her of her volunteer position. And?

Comments

splitthis: Sicko

Ryback_feed_me_more: Old Lady giving her time freely and some organization to help a disease are busy playing DEI shit. Nope.. Fuck'em

Load Metric
    90 year old doesn’t understand what pronouns are but immediately reaches out to only libsoftiktok which literally posts about pronouns non stop all day. Okay lol sure .
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric
    I don’t know about the priorities of people who are so concerned about pronouns that they would advocate for the dismissal of someone who volunteers to try to prevent people from dying, directly or indirectly.
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Load Metric
    LOL at having MS.

More shameful that they let this woman volunteer for 60+ years. What the fuck are they doing taking advantage of free labor from a 90 year old.

(Obv this is just bait for Team Retard to spin over)

Comments

mickeycrimm: Sloppy upset no one calls him ze anymore
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Quote Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    I don’t know about the priorities of people who are so concerned about pronouns that they would advocate for the dismissal of someone who volunteers to try to prevent people from dying, directly or indirectly.
    What's even crazier are the priorities of people that want to harm people over pronouns.

Comments

Mission146:

splitthis: No, no one is bowing to your satanic shit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    What's even crazier are the priorities of people that want to harm people over pronouns.
    You are right, RichardBrodiesCunt! Damn those people trying to harm a little old lady over pronouns. Get a rope!
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    I also agree with that.

Words are fine. Fuck you, fuck me, fuck everyone. Other than words, how about we just treat each other like fellow human beings entitled to their own autonomy, beliefs and opinions?
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Some of you libs are overthinking this.

It’s not a matter of whether someone is triggered over pronouns.

It’s that pronoun propaganda doesn’t belong in a medical advocacy organization.

Let the olds volunteer without browbeating your leftist bullshit of the day into their sense of being. If they are helping out and treating people respectfully, it doesn’t matter if they use the pronoun ze instead of he.

If you’re 22 and get all bent out of shape that a 90 year old misgenders you, the problem is on your end.

Respect your elders and stop crying. And if given a managerial position, stop using it to shove unrelated political propaganda down people’s throats.

I’m glad Libs of Tiktok exposed this bullshit and gave them the public shaming they deserve.

Comments

1dollarboxcar: ++++

splitthis: Liberals are a cancer on society

Cerveza Fria: Intellectual Dishonesty is the hallmark of a liberal

Load Metric
    Disgraceful behavior by the MS Foundation if it happened as reported.

By the way Trumpistas, these are not liberals but woke extremists.

To say that this is what happens when you put liberals in charge is almost as silly as when people blame true conservatives for racist and homophobic assaults.

True conservative:

Name:  download (2).jpg
Views: 230
Size:  2.5 KB

Trump supporter nut job:

Name:  trump-supporter-720.jpg
Size:  72.0 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post

To say that this is what happens when you put liberals in charge is almost as silly as when people blame true conservatives for racist and homophobic assaults.

True conservative:

Trump supporter nut job:

Great American Flag.

Dude is just eating too much sugar. That's his only problem.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Gold
    Load Metric

True conservative:

Trump supporter nut job:

Pretty much my exact take. I'm kinda saddened that Druff doesn't have a better world model. Just so simple. Plenty of "liberals" not going down that wormhole of pronouns. It is the same as claiming some rightwinger nutto is typical of the conservative movement.

One problem is plenty of woke types are actually well meaning and fairly intelligent so they get to places of power. Guys like Tyde who drool endlessly talking about Trump aren't going to be in charge of much except a website that would CRUSH PFA !!!!!!!

Comments

OK2: would rather have him as a neighbor than whatever faggot you are

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post

Pretty much my exact take. I'm kinda saddened that Druff doesn't have a better world model. Just so simple. Plenty of "liberals" not going down that wormhole of pronouns. It is the same as claiming some rightwinger nutto is typical of the conservative movement.

One problem is plenty of woke types are actually well meaning and fairly intelligent so they get to places of power. Guys like Tyde who drool endlessly talking about Trump aren't going to be in charge of much except a website that would CRUSH PFA !!!!!!!
    There is little pushback from the left regarding this sort of thing.

That's why so many non-political organizations and corporations have evolved to kiss the woke ring. Were there more Bill Maher types out there -- old school Democrats who vocally speak out against the idiotic modern woke agenda -- I would have a different opinion.

Most liberals today either support this woke shit, partially support it, or are afraid to say anything because they'll be shouted down or fired from their job.

Let's take this example. How come it's only right wing figures covering this story? Why aren't we seeing any liberal influencers calling out the MS Society for this nonsense? I think you know why.

As soon as I start seeing a mass number of old school liberals trying to take their party back, I'll change my tune regarding separating liberals from woke leftists.

Comments

OK2: demolished. fuhoser likes talking to 14 year old boys from NWP lmao (me) shut the fuck up smack head

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post

There is little pushback from the left regarding this sort of thing.

That's why so many non-political organizations and corporations have evolved to kiss the woke ring. Were there more Bill Maher types out there -- old school Democrats who vocally speak out against the idiotic modern woke agenda -- I would have a different opinion.

Most liberals today either support this woke shit, partially support it, or are afraid to say anything because they'll be shouted down or fired from their job.

Let's take this example. How come it's only right wing figures covering this story? Why aren't we seeing any liberal influencers calling out the MS Society for this nonsense? I think you know why.

As soon as I start seeing a mass number of old school liberals trying to take their party back, I'll change my tune regarding separating liberals from woke leftists.
    How can you be this smart then have the giant blind spots you do?

oh yeah you're loaded, that's how it is usually.
    RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Thread Information