Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Donkdown.com Sliding into the Abyss at a VERY Alarming Rate of Descent (Traffic Reports Inside)

Banned
    Load Metric

Breaking News: Donkdown.com Sliding into the Abyss at a VERY Alarming Rate of Descent (Traffic Reports Inside)

Quote Originally Posted by micon
    I'm doing you a favor and you can't see it - get off my jock, log off, or go start another failsite. 20k users+ per month can't be wrong.

You may have heard Micon boasting last week on radio about his '20,000 unique users per month'. So I decided to put my crack team of investigators on the case to explore these claims in more detail

Here is what we found....

This chart reflects unique visitor traffic dating back a little over one calender year, and needless to say, there has been a dramatic nose-dive off Mt Everest.

Lets take a closer look at the REAL numbers...

1) There was a huge spike in traffic back in February of 2011 where the actual unique users hit a peak high of 4,678. Pretty impressive actually. I don't recall what that spike was attributed to, but I think it may have been the Travis Makar interview.

2) A short month later, the unique users dropped off the cliff falling to a still respectable 1,724. Not bad by any means, but nowhere near 4,678.

3) There was a noticeable rebound in June where the actual number of unique visitors made their way back to almost 3000 (2,945) but still a massive drop from the peak in February

4) Continuing to trend down, even a sharp spike in September delivered only 2,233 individual users. Less than half of the peak total in February.

5) Finally we reach the end of 2011, where the unique visitor total plummets to a mere 503 unique users.

http://siteanalytics.compete.com/donkdown.com/

So needless to say, Micon is full of shit and misrepresenting his actual traffic numbers. I'm obviously not making this up as you can see from the data presented above

Considering this site is all about poker fraud, I think this thread is appropriate when you consider there are possible affiliate advertising dollars in play here. I think anyone who is considering spewing advertising dollars on that ugly pig of a website would be shocked to find out that Bryan has been inflating his numbers. Not just inflating them though, literally MULTIPLYING them exponentially.

It's a huge stretch to think for even one minute that his actual traffic has risen back above the all time 2011 peak of 4,678. Best case scenario we are looking at 2,000 in the wake of Brandon and Todd packing their bags and getting the fuck out of Dodge.

But regardless, its pretty obvious Bryan's far-fetched claims of '20,000 monthly users' is a straight up lie

I'd be very interested to get Druffs take on this cataclysmic and tragic implosion

TIA

Load Metric
    Man you are nearly 50 years old and this is what you're doing with your life.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    Man you are nearly 50 years old and this is what you're doing with your life.

I'm enjoying myself today working on quite a few other things and watching a movie. Just had an awesome lunch and I'm just getting ready to head out to take my dog for a walk near the river.

Its a nice cool , breezy and drizzly day and I have some good herb and a few Red Bulls and some cash in my pocket. Life is good. You on the other hand are surfing 3 different message forums and contributing nothing.

But a predictable reply from you since you rarely can be bothered to type more than a single sentence. I happen to type about 60 wpm so it took me about 20 minutes to knock out the OP.

Also, look how you are spending YOUR life. Reading posts I write and being the 1st in line to reply with some fucking useless insult. SK you have been on these forums for a long ass time just like I have, but the difference is that you have always been a useless and forgettable poster.

Other than your bad ass thread a couple weeks ago about kicking the shit out of some drunk in a bar downtown. That one was a real barn burner

face it bro...

at the end of the day, you're just an illiterate, minority thug.

Load Metric
    Though I didn't think much on how Micon has handled recent events, I would hate to see dd fail. I'm not sure why, but dd did have its moments. I would miss dd (in a depraved way.)

Load Metric
    Druff please get rid of this clown Suicide King....Every fucking time God makes a post this guy trolls him within minutes....geez

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    OP shouldn't surprise anyone, hard to imagine any possible way DD EVER had 10,000+ "unique visitors" every month given the same 10 posters continue to make a human centipede circle jerk and there absolutely can't be 9,990 lurkers

Load Metric
    I hate ethiopians and africans that are muslims

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Druff please get rid of this clown Suicide King....Every fucking time God makes a post this guy trolls him within minutes....geez
    It is beyond annoying at this point FFS.

Get a fucking life spic.

Load Metric
    For those of you thinking that the traffic reports are a cheap BS analysis I present the following for your perusal...

http://siteanalytics.compete.com/borispoker.com/

http://siteanalytics.compete.com/skatzpoker.com/

/thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    It is beyond annoying at this point FFS.

Get a fucking life spic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I call BS on the donkdown graphs. I don't know what metric it uses, but are you really saying DD only had 500 unique users in August 2011? And virtually no unique users in Nov 2011?

Get the fuck outta here. The wheels may have fallen off in the last month but no way the site was at rock bottom in the 2nd half of 2011.

Banned
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    I call BS on the donkdown graphs. I don't know what metric it uses, but are you really saying DD only had 500 unique users in August 2011? And virtually no unique users in Nov 2011?

take a look at the graph again

Platinum
    Load Metric
    As I just posted on the failsite even if the numbers are wrong the trend isn't.

And the trend has it going right down the fucking toilet.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProlapse View Post
    OP shouldn't surprise anyone, hard to imagine any possible way DD EVER had 10,000+ "unique visitors" every month given the same 10 posters continue to make a human centipede circle jerk and there absolutely can't be 9,990 lurkers
    : lol

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

Get the fuck outta here. The wheels may have fallen off in the last month but no way the site was at rock bottom in the 2nd half of 2011.

you are welcome to click the link posted below the screen shot and take a closer look for yourself. There is a slider that shows actual numbers for each month.

and yes the bottom end of 2011 was precisely when the site hit rock bottom

oddly enough, Druff and Brandon both were the focus of big dramas the first part of this year, so I would expect a similar surge in unique users for January and February of this year, probably back in the 2500 range

but for Micon to stand on the rooftop claiming 20,000 loyal viewers every month is a straight up misrepresentation of the truth no matter how flawed the data is on the site quoted.

Even assuming the data is not totally accurate, it's in the same ballpark.

Bryan is literally multiplying his actually numbers by a factor of at least 5 (best case scenario)

tight site

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I can shed some light on this one.

In reality, neither Marty nor Micon are accurate with their numbers.

What are the real numbers? It's impossible to tell.

Let me explain:

Donkdown's server logs unique IPs every month. I looked at these statistics occasionally to see how we were doing. Micon is telling the truth that we were sitting around 20k "uniques" for awhile, but they weren't real uniques. We had something like 22-23k uniques during the 2010 WSOP, before falling to around 19.5k which held steady for the most part for the next several months. It spiked over 22k from the Travis Makar story in February 2011, and then again slipped, and hung around the 17500-19500 range.

The site actually lost about 10% uniques shortly after the controversy between me and Micon started. I remember looking this up because Micon claimed that our fighting (and the resulting trolling) was "spiking traffic up". In reality, it was spiking traffic in that the same 100 people were reloading all day to see updates, but the number of actual visitors was down. It was around 16k at that point.

I recall either Micon or Loren saying on one of their radio shows that it's down another 10%, so I think that probably places that in the 14k range, provided they're telling the truth. I don't know, because I can't access that part of the site anymore.

So the real number Micon is probably working with is around 14k, unless he had a big spike in uniques recently, which I doubt, because we would have heard about it from him. (This would have been a great rebuttal to shitting-the-bed accusations if the uniques were actually up to the levels before I left. Since he never gave such a rebuttal, it's likely that the numbers haven't recovered.)

So does that mean that Micon has 14k unique visitors every month?

No.

That's because we're talking about unique IPs, NOT unique people. Most people have multiple IPs, without even trying. For example, when you log on from your home computer, that's one IP. When you log on from work, that's another IP. When your home or work IP changes (especially home, which will usually change every so often), that's another IP. When you use your cell phone (this is a big source of unique IPs), that's yet another. And when your cell phone IP changes, that's yet another.

Why are cell phones responsible for so many "false" unique IPs? Because they tend to jump IPs all the time -- much often than a home (occasionally) or work (rarely, if you use the same computer) would. So if you visit DD from your phone 10 different times in one day, you could very well be doing it from 10 different IPs, and you're counted as 10 different unique users.

So what is the actual total? No idea. It's impossible to know, since you can't tell the difference between one guy lurking on his phone from 10 different IPs and 10 legitimately different lurkers.

Bottom line: Micon probably has about 14k unique IPs per month, but DEFINITELY doesn't have anywhere near 14k unique users. How many unique users does he actually have? I don't know, and it's impossible to guess. I will say that, prior to my leaving, we were getting 1500 or so downloads per week of our radio show, and that doesn't include live listeners or Stitcher listeners. So the radio was rating pretty well, though perhaps some (but I'm thinking not many) downloads were also duplications. But I really think the radio show WAS reaching over 1000 people, perhaps as many as 2000 weekly, and the Makar show had over 10,000 downloads. Not sure what the ratings are now, because again, I don't have access. I have to imagine they've dropped somewhat.

Banned
    Load Metric
    wow its gonna take me a while to reply to this one

back in 30 minutes or so to explain to Todd how tracking unique page views really works

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    wow its gonna take me a while to reply to this one

back in 30 minutes or so to explain to Todd how tracking unique page views really works
    hof

Thread Information