Thread: Neuromancer by William Gibson

Load Metric

Neuromancer by William Gibson

Have only read the first forty pages, but already enjoying the aesthetic and style of this particular work of speculative fiction. In fact, I find the prose in this book more palatable than something like Solaris, for example. Been on a bit of a SF novel binge after reading 2001 A Space Odyssey for the first time about a month ago.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Have only read the first forty pages, but already enjoying the aesthetic and style of this particular work of speculative fiction. In fact, I find the prose in this book more palatable than something like Solaris, for example. Been on a bit of a SF novel binge after reading 2001 A Space Odyssey for the first time about a month ago.

i shoplifted a copy of this when i was about 15 or 16 and it absolutely 100% changed my life.

its hard to know how it will land all these decades later but at the time it was completely batshit out of left field crazy with the tech, vibe, morality, so on.

absolutely 1000% going to reread any day now, nice culture bump.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    btw he published a series of short stories 2 years later called burning chrome and its also absolutely fucking subime.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    oh also neal stephenson is a hack, for anyone curious. great visionary but a really C-tier writer. which i suppose is why the masses adore him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    btw he published a series of short stories 2 years later called burning chrome and its also absolutely fucking subime.
    I will have to read these at some point

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

i shoplifted a copy of this when i was about 15 or 16 and it absolutely 100% changed my life.

its hard to know how it will land all these decades later but at the time it was completely batshit out of left field crazy with the tech, vibe, morality, so on.

Lol shoplifted, can’t say changed your life for the better, alone on a hill, no family.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Lol shoplifted, can’t say changed your life for the better, alone on a hill, no family.
    Name:  il_794xN.5749056110_32bq.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  12.7 KB

Name:  Women-home_d.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  97.8 KB

Name:  362b5fdb9d761bade0a40f93288e40c3.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  26.9 KB
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information