Thread: My Uber driver was listening to anti America radio when he picked me up

Load Metric

My Uber driver was listening to anti America radio when he picked me up

As the title says…Tonight I got an Uber driver that was listening to basically anti Americans by terrible translation (mine). The fbi website says call 91 do you guy have anywhere to report this I’m a red blooded American and this bothers me to the core. No joke, no bs, I can’t report people for their beliefs but this wasn’t right. I asked him, what were you listening to, he said oh just an audio book. Zero chance that’s what it was

Comments

Mission146:

Serial Fail: Country sucks. Get used to it
    Eat the booty like groceries

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawingdead View Post
    As the title says…Tonight I got an Uber driver that was listening to basically anti Americans by terrible translation (mine). The fbi website says call 91 do you guy have anywhere to report this I’m a red blooded American and this bothers me to the core. No joke, no bs, I can’t report people for their beliefs but this wasn’t right. I asked him, what were you listening to, he said oh just an audio book. Zero chance that’s what it was
    Was it real radio or a podcast?

They probably won't take action if he was just listening to anti-American stuff. There's no crime in that.

Load Metric
    Get Biden out of office and stop voting D.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

They probably won't take action if he was just listening to anti-American stuff. There's no crime in that.

Not sure which one it was, he switched to 90s quick AF. I know what he was listening to I don’t know how it was delivered

Load Metric

Vote to reelect Joseph 'Honest Joe' McCarthy!!!

Wait. Wrong century.

I think it would have to depend on the specific content of the messaging; if there was some sort of advocacy towards committing imminent violence, then it likely wouldn't be protected speech.
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Load Metric
    Honestly curious what sort of "anti american" stuff was it saying?
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Give him 1 star and get on with your life.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    No, that's wrong. It should be 4 stars unless he was rude, a bad driver and had a dirty car. Riders giving these drivers a 1 star for one issue is wrong and not fair to the driver. Just this morning I had a passenger who didn't say thanks at the end of the ride and opened the door before the car came to a stop. He got 3 stars. You can't deduct multiple stars for one issue as they each represent something. If the guy was a good driver and had a clean car he should still get 4 stars even if he's spewing radio hate.

Load Metric
    That isn’t even the snowflake on the iceberg. Biden has opened our country for terrorists from around the world.

Be very aware of your surroundings.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    No, that's wrong. It should be 4 stars unless he was rude, a bad driver and had a dirty car. Riders giving these drivers a 1 star for one issue is wrong and not fair to the driver. Just this morning I had a passenger who didn't say thanks at the end of the ride and opened the door before the car came to a stop. He got 3 stars. You can't deduct multiple stars for one issue as they each represent something. If the guy was a good driver and had a clean car he should still get 4 stars even if he's spewing radio hate.
    It was you,wasn’t it?

Comments

country978: Lol. all you had to do was say thanks and wait for complete stop

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Honestly curious what sort of "anti american" stuff was it saying?

The little bit a heard was basically get rid of Americans. For reference, I tipped him a small amount and still gave him 5 stars, because the ride was fine.

Oh well just move on with life. I know there’s an internet radio show that’s anti America. It was probably that,

Why I actually pay attention to this stuff. My mom’s friend Eddie was a devout Muslim, I got 4 brothers and we all use to joke about him being part of isis and shit. Turned out, he was, he got arrested for trying to send them phones, money and equipment. I’ll look for the news article real quick

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Drawingdead;1113682]As the title says…Tonight I got an Uber driver that was listening to basically anti Americans by terrible translation (mine). The fbi website says call 91 do you guy have anywhere to report this I’m a red blooded American and this bothers me to the core. No joke, no bs, I can’t report people for their beliefs but this wasn’t right. I asked him, what were you listening to, he said oh just an audio book. Zero chance that’s what it was[/QUOTE

If your being serious and not making a joke. report his ass to Uber and state they made you feel very unsafe and expound as much as you can. If theres been other complaints they could be tossed from the platform. Uber and Lyft will bend over backwards for passengers complaints usually hell I know folks whove been deactivated for BS reasons even if it was temporary like accusations of being drunk or high. So if youre legit serious file a complaint with uber and go from there. At minimum the driver will likely get a slap on the wrist over the complaint and oh yeah they cant go back and change your rating even if they knew who did it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    In truth I dont know if you aware but unlike with Lyft if you dont rate somebody be it passenger or driver as 1 star you can end up with them again on Uber. Lyft will unmatch permanently at a 3 rating by either party

Comments

country978: yes Iam aware of the difference but still if the driving is fine and the car is clean thats still t least 2

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=ftpjesus;1113790]
    As the title saysÂ…Tonight I got an Uber driver that was listening to basically anti Americans by terrible translation (mine). The fbi website says call 91 do you guy have anywhere to report this IÂ’m a red blooded American and this bothers me to the core. No joke, no bs, I canÂ’t report people for their beliefs but this wasnÂ’t right. I asked him, what were you listening to, he said oh just an audio book. Zero chance thatÂ’s what it was[/QUOTE

If your being serious and not making a joke. report his ass to Uber and state they made you feel very unsafe and expound as much as you can. If theres been other complaints they could be tossed from the platform. Uber and Lyft will bend over backwards for passengers complaints usually hell I know folks whove been deactivated for BS reasons even if it was temporary like accusations of being drunk or high. So if youre legit serious file a complaint with uber and go from there. At minimum the driver will likely get a slap on the wrist over the complaint and oh yeah they cant go back and change your rating even if they knew who did it.

It was not a troll, I read the FBI site thatÂ’s why I posted here. Despite the jokes and shit you guys generally have good information. HereÂ’s my dilemma. If I am wrong, which I dont think I am but if I am, itÂ’s not fair to a guy making an honest living.

Gold
    Load Metric
    You should have personally confronted them and explained your grievances

If you couldn’t work things out quickly, you should have physically attacked them to establish dominance

Load Metric
    So he wasn’t a Zionist? But considered himself to be living in occupied Zion?

You must be a young one if this was your moms friend. He’s only 42 now. You’re young enough to join the Marines

Load Metric

Not sure which one it was, he switched to 90s quick AF. I know what he was listening to I don’t know how it was delivered
    You need to taper off the meds, you can't just quit cold turkey.
    Choose one
    A. Stay on em
    B. Taper off
    C. Switch meds
    Never just quit.

This post was brought to you by Phizer.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko View Post

You need to taper off the meds, you can't just quit cold turkey.
    Choose one
    A. Stay on em
    B. Taper off
    C. Switch meds
    Never just quit.

This post was brought to you by Phizer.

Shut your big chungus ass up

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    You should have personally confronted them and explained your grievances

If you couldn’t work things out quickly, you should have physically attacked them to establish dominance
    Not In Wisconsin
    Last edited by Drawingdead; 02-05-2024 at 07:04 PM.

Thread Information