Thread: Carl Weathers dead RIP

Load Metric

Carl Weathers dead RIP

His rocky 4 death was the most traumatic thing I experienced outside of the horse from never ending story dying.

I also loved him in reading rainbow and Star Trek

Comments

country978: i loved that movie

Pablo: Artax
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric

Load Metric

Load Metric

Comments

Pablo: Chubbs

Load Metric
    Really liked him in Predator and off course Rockie

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Was sad enough hearing of Carls death and you had to bring up the swamp of sadness. Not cool.

Load Metric
    Wow, what was his age?

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    His rocky 4 death was the most traumatic thing I experienced outside of the horse from never ending story dying.

I also loved him in reading rainbow and Star Trek

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric

Comments

BedWetterBettor: He literally Died in all of his most famous roles! R.I.P. Champ, Yoooooou son of a bitch!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Carl Weathers was only 9 years older than Dolph Lundgren, but they made it seem like a generation gap between the characters in the movie.

When I saw Rocky IV at 13, I didn't expect a 5 minute dancing montage, but that's what I got, and I actually enjoyed it.

Rocky IV couldn't have been more mid-80s, featuring a patriotic, anti-Russian message, and a totally unrealistic nonsequitur scene with a robot, which otherwise had nothing to do with the movie:

At 13 I was dumb enough to believe such robots really existed, and wanted one.

Burt Young, who just died a few months ago, was only 45 in the above scene. He was one of those guys who was born looking 55.

Comments

BedWetterBettor: If he dies…He Dies!

Load Metric

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Carl Weathers was only 9 years older than Dolph Lundgren, but they made it seem like a generation gap between the characters in the movie.

When I saw Rocky IV at 13, I didn't expect a 5 minute dancing montage, but that's what I got, and I actually enjoyed it.

Rocky IV couldn't have been more mid-80s, featuring a patriotic, anti-Russian message, and a totally unrealistic nonsequitur scene with a robot, which otherwise had nothing to do with the movie:

Burt Young, who just died a few months ago, was only 45 in the above scene. He was one of those guys who was born looking 55.
    He just turned 76. See Dolph listed at 66. Little over 9 years. That is kind of a generation in sports. Been awhile since I’ve watched movie, but it was an exhibition match from a recently retired fighter missing the spotlight and up and comer from Russia. He was like 37 at time of filming and Dolph 27 or 28. That’s about right as far as boxers shelf life and sports in general.
    Like Carmelo is a 39 year old retired player missing the limelight and Giannis is 29 year old guy at peak of powers.

Stallone being 2 years older and still being the younger fighter was the unrealistic part.

I always wondered how laughable it must have been to film Rocky. Here was Weathers, this former NFL player in elite shape and a true badass losing to a 5’8 guy who weighed probably 165 by those later Rocky movies where he was very lean.

Burt Young always did look old. Paul Giamatti has kind of the same affliction. Dude was like 40 when playing John Adams. Wilford Brimley at 50 looked like your grandpa. Google him at 50 and think about you’re older than him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

He just turned 76. See Dolph listed at 66. Little over 9 years. That is kind of a generation in sports. Been awhile since I’ve watched movie, but it was an exhibition match from a recently retired fighter missing the spotlight and up and comer from Russia. He was like 37 at time of filming and Dolph 27 or 28. That’s about right as far as boxers shelf life and sports in general.
    Like Carmelo is a 39 year old retired player missing the limelight and Giannis is 29 year old guy at peak of powers.

Stallone being 2 years older and still being the younger fighter was the unrealistic part.

I always wondered how laughable it must have been to film Rocky. Here was Weathers, this former NFL player in elite shape and a true badass losing to a 5’8 guy who weighed probably 165 by those later Rocky movies where he was very lean.

Burt Young always did look old. Paul Giamatti has kind of the same affliction. Dude was like 40 when playing John Adams. Wilford Brimley at 50 looked like your grandpa. Google him at 50 and think about you’re older than him.
    Marlon Brando always looked ancient as well. He was in his 40s when the Godfather was filmed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's a few others who always looked old:

George Gaynes, the old guy on Punky Brewster, was indeed old when the show began. He was 67 at the time.

However, I saw an episode of Hawaii Five-O from 1970, where he played a grandfather, and was supposed to be much older than his 53 years at the time. How many people live for 46 years after playing a grandfather on TV? George Gaynes didn't die until 2016.

Jerry Stiller looked old in a 1966 publicity photo, yet lived all the way until 2021.

Baseball player/coach Sparky Anderson already looked 70 years old by the time he was in his mid-40s. He was gray and his face was already very wrinkled. He lived to age 76,

Whitman Mayo, who played Grady on Sanford and Son starting in 1972, was playing a senior citizen, but was in his early 40s at the time. He continued to play characters much older than he really was, resulting many people believing throughout the '90s that he had to be dead by then, when in reality he was in his 60s and alive. He died at 71 in 2001.

Speaking of Sanford and Son, did you know Redd Foxx was only 49 when Sanford and Son first aired, and in fact filmed many of the season 1 episodes when he was 48? The entire series he played an old man.

In fact, when comparing my 52-year-old self to '70s sitcom actors, I am older now than Maude, Archie Bunker, and Fred Sanford. I'm also 15 years older than George Jefferson, and 17 years older than James Evans Sr (Good Times).

Sad!

Load Metric
    I can relate to Archie Bunker. He played himself at 50 I am 61. I think I look younger now then Archie Bunker at 50

Thread Information