Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scammed by TheTemplar thread

Load Metric

Scammed by TheTemplar thread

Quote Originally Posted by DanDruff
    I am in the process of shipping out the money. Let me know if you don't have it by 6pm today.
    I haven't been paid yet.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    nap time?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    I am in the process of shipping out the money. Let me know if you don't have it by 6pm today.
    I haven't been paid yet.
    How ironic.

My God, what a gigantic piece of shit you are.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Your payment is the only one being held for an additional few days until this whole matter is finally decided.

Load Metric
    Searles, why don't you just ask Dan Druff to escrow the money, and if he replies that he will indeed send it back after 48 expires if Vegas doesn't man up, and also escrow. Vegas will be declared not interested in betting, and IMO your name would be cleared. Vegas is one of my best friends on here. If you actually escrowed the money, and he wouldn't then I'd think he was actually in the wrong. Obviously once the money is escrowed you both can determine a certain amount of time to find arbitrators(not from this site). Say, like, 1 week after escrow is received by both. If both parties can't determine 3 of them after one week, Druff also should agree to return the money.

This is your chance. You can either make up and excuse, and say something about Druff taking too long, but I think if his word is on the line, he would make sure it got done in time. He obviously has no bias against you. I personally would have shipped the money to Vegas(I did), and Druff is actually willing to even let people decide if you'll be paid. He could easily make the right decision, and just pay vegas whatever you're owed. He's actually being quite nice IMo and I'm sure many others.

This is your chance to clear your name, and if you honestly think you have him angled, then go for it and pony up the 500$. If Druff were to reply to this with a yes, let's do it, we would either finally realize if you've just been trolling this whole time, and never had any intention of paying anything. Or vegas will be the one who crumbles under the pressure of a bet he agreed to, and it should be wiped clean.

Just my opinion
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    Searles, why don't you just ask Dan Druff to escrow the money, and if he replies that he will indeed send it back after 48 expires if Vegas doesn't man up, and also escrow. Vegas will be declared not interested in betting, and IMO your name would be cleared. Vegas is one of my best friends on here. If you actually escrowed the money, and he wouldn't then I'd think he was actually in the wrong. Obviously once the money is escrowed you both can determine a certain amount of time to find arbitrators(not from this site). Say, like, 1 week after escrow is received by both. If both parties can't determine 3 of them after one week, Druff also should agree to return the money.

This is your chance. You can either make up and excuse, and say something about Druff taking too long, but I think if his word is on the line, he would make sure it got done in time. He obviously has no bias against you. I personally would have shipped the money to Vegas(I did), and Druff is actually willing to even let people decide if you'll be paid. He could easily make the right decision, and just pay vegas whatever you're owed. He's actually being quite nice IMo and I'm sure many others.

This is your chance to clear your name, and if you honestly think you have him angled, then go for it and pony up the 500$. If Druff were to reply to this with a yes, let's do it, we would either finally realize if you've just been trolling this whole time, and never had any intention of paying anything. Or vegas will be the one who crumbles under the pressure of a bet he agreed to, and it should be wiped clean.

Just my opinion
    First off, this was a bet between 2 guys. Why does the onnus now fall on one party and one party alone to do make it happen? Everyone is clamoring for me to ship Druff $500 and is acting like that is the end all to everything. If Vegas doesnt do so in 48 hours my name is cleared, blah blah blah. If anyone truly believes that then I dont know what to say to them honestly. There is no fucking way that Druff holds my money for 48 hours and then my name is miracously cleared.

The real question here is why wont Vegas agree to escrow? Im not asking him to ship to Druff first, all I am asking him to do is merely reply saying "jsearles22 if you escrow, i give my word that I will escrow within 24 hours." Thats it, thats all he has to do. How hard would it be for him to agree to do that? He has been here on a daily basis, he replies to other posts, yet he seemingly cant type out that one sentence. Why is that?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

Just my opinion
    First off, this was a bet between 2 guys. Why does the onnus now fall on one party and one party alone to do make it happen? Everyone is clamoring for me to ship Druff $500 and is acting like that is the end all to everything. If Vegas doesnt do so in 48 hours my name is cleared, blah blah blah. If anyone truly believes that then I dont know what to say to them honestly. There is no fucking way that Druff holds my money for 48 hours and then my name is miracously cleared.

The real question here is why wont Vegas agree to escrow? Im not asking him to ship to Druff first, all I am asking him to do is merely reply saying "jsearles22 if you escrow, i give my word that I will escrow within 24 hours." Thats it, thats all he has to do. How hard would it be for him to agree to do that? He has been here on a daily basis, he replies to other posts, yet he seemingly cant type out that one sentence. Why is that?
    I actually logged on this morning to do just that.

Jsearles, I agree to escrow Dan Druff $500 within 24 hours of you doing so.

I spoke with him late last night about this and he agreed to hold it for both of us. The ONLY thing that has held me back from doing this over the last few months is that I know it is going to be a giant pain in the ass to find legitimate "outside judges" to hash this out. This has been an angle shot of yours all along knowing it is going to be very difficult to agree on who we choose to do this, but I am fucking sick and tired of you using this as your out as to why you haven't manned up and paid off this debt. Time to shut the fuck up and get this done and over with.

Ship your $500 to Druff and I will do the same.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I haven't been paid yet.
    Please kill yourself.

Load Metric
    BTW, I will be out for most of the day. I will be on the course all afternoon, and I also have family obligations later this evening, but I will check in when I can. I will 100% escrow the $500 within 24 hours of you doing so.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

I spoke with him late last night about this and he agreed to hold it for both of us. The ONLY thing that has held me back from doing this is over the last few months is that I know it is going to be a giant pain in the ass to find legitimate "outside judges" to hash this out. This has been an angle shot of yours all along knowing it is going to be very difficult to agree on who we choose to do this, but I am fucking sick and tired of you using this as your out as to why you haven't manned up and paid off this debt. Time to shut the fuck up and get this done and over with.

Yup, this is where more Searles bullshit is going to come into play and this is not even gonna be worth you time dealing with him. I'll be surprised if he even escrows the $500 but once he does he will probably do his best to find some english nit with no actual gambling and prop betting knowledge. That fat fuck will get his way though, more attention to him which is all he ever wants.

Load Metric
    BTW, I will be out for most of the day. I will be on the course all afternoon, and I also have family obligations later this evening, but I will check in when I can. I will 100% escrow the $500 within 24 hours of you doing so.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

I spoke with him late last night about this and he agreed to hold it for both of us. The ONLY thing that has held me back from doing this is over the last few months is that I know it is going to be a giant pain in the ass to find legitimate "outside judges" to hash this out. This has been an angle shot of yours all along knowing it is going to be very difficult to agree on who we choose to do this, but I am fucking sick and tired of you using this as your out as to why you haven't manned up and paid off this debt. Time to shut the fuck up and get this done and over with.

Yup, this is where more Searles bullshit is going to come into play and this is not even gonna be worth you time dealing with him. I'll be surprised if he even escrows the $500 but once he does he will probably do his best to find some english nit with no actual gambling and prop betting knowledge. That fat fuck will get his way though, more attention to him which is all he ever wants.
    Agree. Any reasonable person knows this. It's absolutely ridiculous that we have to go this route considering the board and the owner of this site have already judged for themselves and ruled in my favor. Jsearles says it's because he is so hated and I am well liked, which is complete horseshit. He is hated not because of this bet, but because of prior actions and a continuous douche streak on here and on DD, but that is not why everyone says he lost this bet. IT'S BECAUSE HE LOST THE FUCKING BET FAIR AND SQUARE. But here we are, and if this is going to get settled then I guess this is the only way to do so.

I am not going to get into long winded debates about this.

Let him ship the $500 and we will go from there.
    Last edited by vegas1369; 10-04-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

Agree. Any reasonable person knows this. It's absolutely ridiculous that we have to go this route considering the board and the owner of this site have already judged for themselves and ruled in my favor. Jsearles says it's because he is so hated and I am well liked, which is complete horseshit. He is hated not because of this bet, but because of prior actions and a continuous douche streak on here and on DD, but that is not why everyone says he lost this bet. IT'S BECAUSE HE LOST THE FUCKING BET FAIR AND SQUARE. But here we are, and if this is going to get settled then I guess this is the only way to do so.

I am not going to get into long winded debates about this.

Let him ship the $500 and we will go from there.
    This won't help him. As I've said all along "both" & "those two" are not interchangeable. An English professor should be his last choice as a judge if this is what he is counting on as his out.

BTW if vegas had said "both" instead of "those two" I would judge in his favor, but we all know that's not what happened.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

I spoke with him late last night about this and he agreed to hold it for both of us. The ONLY thing that has held me back from doing this over the last few months is that I know it is going to be a giant pain in the ass to find legitimate "outside judges" to hash this out. This has been an angle shot of yours all along knowing it is going to be very difficult to agree on who we choose to do this, but I am fucking sick and tired of you using this as your out as to why you haven't manned up and paid off this debt. Time to shut the fuck up and get this done and over with.

Holy shit, we are finally getting somewhere! Vegas acknowledges that I have been trying to settle this legitimately for months and that he is the reason we havent been able to move on!

However, I never agreed to Druff being the escrow. Withdraw yourselves from the situation and tell me what smart person would do such a thing (agreeing to Druff that is). The guy has already routinely said that he feels that I lost this bet. He has in fact taken some of MY money and shipped it to Vegas for that very reason. So why would I now agree to allow Druff to be the escrow holder? Im sure you will all point to his incredible track record and his great standing in this community right? He has never screwed anyone on money ever right? Well how about his recent handling of theTemplar account? $400 and it took him 3 months to settle that. Honestly, would it hurt Druffs credibility whatsoever in this community if he took my money, and then shipped it to Vegas regardless of anything else?
    I also find it quite puzzling that there is this insistance that i put my $$$ up first. Why is that? Is this some back door ploy to get my money in bad, drawing dead if you will? Why is EVERYONE so hard core about me escrowing first? You escrow first Vegas......

I still agree to escrow, but we need to decide on another suitable escrow holder. Im open to suggestions.

Load Metric

Holy shit, we are finally getting somewhere! Vegas acknowledges that I have been trying to settle this legitimately for months and that he is the reason we havent been able to move on!

However, I never agreed to Druff being the escrow. Withdraw yourselves from the situation and tell me what smart person would do such a thing (agreeing to Druff that is). The guy has already routinely said that he feels that I lost this bet. He has in fact taken some of MY money and shipped it to Vegas for that very reason. So why would I now agree to allow Druff to be the escrow holder? Im sure you will all point to his incredible track record and his great standing in this community right? He has never screwed anyone on money ever right? Well how about his recent handling of theTemplar account? $400 and it took him 3 months to settle that. Honestly, would it hurt Druffs credibility whatsoever in this community if he took my money, and then shipped it to Vegas regardless of anything else?

I still agree to escrow, but we need to decide on another suitable escrow holder. Im open to suggestions.
    LOL!!!!!!!

Unbelievable.

Load Metric

LOL!!!!!!!

Unbelievable.
    Whats unbelievable to me is that you or anyone else would honestly think I would agree to Druff here. Put yourself in my shoes. With our history and the way he has handled me, its absurd to think I would agree to that.

Whats also funny, or odd, is that you have vehemently refused this avenue for MONTHS on end, yet all of a sudden out of the dark night sky you agree? Why is that? You just admitted you and Druff discussed this privately just yesterday. Am I being angle-shot here? Did Jasep finally decide to float you?

Banned
    Load Metric
    I thought the Jsearles Show was cancelled. Are we going to be subjected to another marathon?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Templar situation did take too long for me to handle, and it was partially because it was hard to figure out both exactly who gets what, as well as the whole situation with you. I will make no excuses for this taking way too long, as some of it was my fault (just not thinking actively about the situation and letting it drag on), but in no way was I going to roll anyone.

You can ask the winners of the weekly freerolls here, as well as the people who had pieces of me in Event #53. I shipped very quickly after getting their information.

Occasionally I do put things off and things get delayed, but nobody's money has ever been in jeopardy with me, nor have I ever scammed anyone. In my 8+ years on NWP/DD/PFA, I have a stellar record regarding trustworthiness with money and keeping my word.

If I promised to ship back the $500 by a certain deadline, do you think I would risk my reputation (and this site's reputation) by failing to do so?

So here are my promises, and you are welcome to copy and paste these on whatever site you want if I ever break them:

- I will accept $500 escrow from both you and vegas1369

- I will adhere to the complete terms agreed upon by both parties. I will not make any decisions on my own regarding the money, no matter what kind of peer pressure or personal feelings I have about the matter.

- I will ship back the funds to the appropriate parties (as dictated by the terms of the agreement between the two of you) within 48 hours upon becoming aware of a concluded decision. For example, if you cannot find 3 people to arbitrate, and either one of you gives up, I will ship back the funds within 48 hours of logging on and learning that. (You will need to inform me via PM, in case I miss the thread.) If you do find 3 people to arbitrate, and they rule 2-1 in your favor, I will ship $1000 to you within 48 hours of learning of that.

There you go.

This is not a second Templar Fund situation, where I'm saying "I'll get to it soon" and then forget. This is a hard promise for action within a specified time frame.

Your move.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    By the way, jsearles, you have an erroneous view that vegas1369 and I are good friends.

This is completely false.

I was so unhappy with him last year that he actually thought he would be insta-banned if he registered on PFA.

While I have gotten past those issues, it's not like we have since become best buddies, and we never talk aside from when he contacted me last night to see if I would escrow this bet and finally put an end to this annoying situation.

Finally, note that I could have shipped your entire $75 to vegas1369 from The Templar fund, and most of the users here would have applauded me for it. If I was a vegas1369 asskisser, that's definitely what I would have done, but the decision I made (giving you the money from the part I was holding, and leaving the donated money up to the people who donated it, one of whom hates vegas1369), was much more in your favor than his. I have taken a lot of shit for that, so clearly I don't have any bias against you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The Templar situation did take too long for me to handle, and it was partially because it was hard to figure out both exactly who gets what, as well as the whole situation with you. I will make no excuses for this taking way too long, as some of it was my fault (just not thinking actively about the situation and letting it drag on), but in no way was I going to roll anyone.

You can ask the winners of the weekly freerolls here, as well as the people who had pieces of me in Event #53. I shipped very quickly after getting their information.

Occasionally I do put things off and things get delayed, but nobody's money has ever been in jeopardy with me, nor have I ever scammed anyone. In my 8+ years on NWP/DD/PFA, I have a stellar record regarding trustworthiness with money and keeping my word.

If I promised to ship back the $500 by a certain deadline, do you think I would risk my reputation (and this site's reputation) by failing to do so?

So here are my promises, and you are welcome to copy and paste these on whatever site you want if I ever break them:

- I will accept $500 escrow from both you and vegas1369

- I will adhere to the complete terms agreed upon by both parties. I will not make any decisions on my own regarding the money, no matter what kind of peer pressure or personal feelings I have about the matter.

- I will ship back the funds to the appropriate parties (as dictated by the terms of the agreement between the two of you) within 48 hours upon becoming aware of a concluded decision. For example, if you cannot find 3 people to arbitrate, and either one of you gives up, I will ship back the funds within 48 hours of logging on and learning that. (You will need to inform me via PM, in case I miss the thread.) If you do find 3 people to arbitrate, and they rule 2-1 in your favor, I will ship $1000 to you within 48 hours of learning of that.

There you go.

This is not a second Templar Fund situation, where I'm saying "I'll get to it soon" and then forget. This is a hard promise for action within a specified time frame.

Your move.
    Maybe you missed the part where I said "I still agree to escrow, but we need to decide on another suitable escrow holder. Im open to suggestions."
    Why are you so insistant on being the escrow holder? Why is Vegas all of a sudden after months suddenly ready to do this? Why must I escrow first? This all smells way too fishy to me.

Thread Information