Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: thank god trump is a billionaire, since he has to cough up 83m to the rape victim he disparaged

Load Metric
    David USF: He doesn't. He has a milliom. Learn to read.

has all of the jew bashing tilted you over the edge?

Comments

David USF: LOL Get a sense of humor, loser.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Lol @ hut posting a link to the Washington Post

you can't make this shit up

severe TDS on full display folks

Comments

hutmaster: Reading the article would actually require a level of intellectualism you don’t have.

Load Metric
    If trump continues to defame this victim can the $88M judgement be increased by the next court/judge/jury to hear the appeal? If no, then what are Ms. Carroll's options to stop the defaming?

Odds that trump can control his "mouth" in the months before the appeal. You tell me.

The reason all workers deserve a living wage is because all workers need to be alive. Not very complex.

Load Metric
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Question for the attorneys here:

I am aware of the law surrounding "litigation privilege", which protects people from defamation claims related to litigation to which they're involved.

For example, if someone were to sue me for $10,000 claiming that they loaned me money and I didn't pay it back, and I was asked by Pokernews to comment on the matter, they could not successfully sue me for defamation for calling that person a liar. This would be the case even if it were eventually found in court that I DID owe the $10,000, and that I knew it all along.

Basically litigation privilege exists so people are allowed to comment on matters of legal dispute (both within the courtroom and outside of it), without fearing that they could possibly trigger a defamation case on top of everything else.

I know that California has litigation privilege, as does New York, where this Trump trial occurred.

So how is Trump liable for defamation for calling these allegations a "hoax", and for making other derogatory statements about E. Jean Carroll, related to her legal actions against him? I realize that some of these occurred after the first trial, but doesn't NY recognize litigation privilege even after the case is concluded?

If Trump were to have gone after her and spread unrelated rumors about her to get her back (say, if he claimed that he heard she had sex with the entire NY Knicks team in the 1970s), then I could understand a defamation suit against him. But it seemed his comments were 100% related to the case itself and her motivation for bringing the case against him -- all of which I would assume would be covered by litigation privilege.

Can someone give a little more clarity here?

I know that Trump's attorneys made this exact argument last year, but somehow it didn't hold up. I actually thought of litigation privilege before I even saw that Trump's attorneys had made that argument.
    Need to take a closer look at this case, because I haven't been following it. She must not have been deemed a Public Figure, because then the Falwell case would have precluded her claims for defamation if she was deemed a Public Figure.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    Lol @ hut posting a link to the Washington Post

you can't make this shit up

severe TDS on full display folks
    Of course your brainwashed mind wouldn’t actually read the article. You just simply echo what your cult leader says and call it fake news. You actually have the balls to accuse anyone of TDS when you just accept whatever Trump says like he is God. Talk about a sheep.

Load Metric
    There are one of two things going on here with anyone that believes the allegations in this case and/or are in support of Trump being forced to pay out nearly 90 million.

Either they are so dumb and brainwashed they genuinely believe this bullshit or they are knowingly going along with lies and corruption to fit their agenda.

Either way, despite how much better these people think they are than Trump supporters, this makes them really no different than the worst Trump zealot in the grand scheme of things.

Horseshoe theory at its finest.

Comments

desertrunner:

Dan Druff:

mickeycrimm:

garrett: The FAKE Millionaire sizing up actual Billionaire cant make this up..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    There are one of two things going on here with anyone that believes the allegations in this case and/or are in support of Trump being forced to pay out nearly 90 million.

Either they are so dumb and brainwashed they genuinely believe this bullshit or they are knowingly going along with lies and corruption to fit their agenda.

Either way, despite how much better these people think they are than Trump supporters, this makes them really no different than the worst Trump zealot in the grand scheme of things.

Both the charges will never stick, her details are just too sketchy and vague from 1996, and despite what PFA's odd-job failed lawyer Jayjami says, the plaintiff's case will die on appeal. Trump might pay some nuisance cash just to make it go away, but it will be years from now well after he leaves his second term, like 2031. Given her age and the fact she had no kids or husband, her lawyers will just collect it. I guess that was the point of them recruiting her in the first place.

If I am her legal team, I am jumping ship and trying to find clients against Vince McMahon the last 5 years or so, you know they are there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post

Yeah I don't get this at all. Common sense would make one believe this is all either completely fabricated or greatly exaggerated. As you said, the Les Moonves allegation makes this especially unlikely. How was a woman in her 50s such a magnet to sexual assault and rape from two different (and unassociated) rich, prominent men?

The whole thing looks much more likely to be fiction and/or wild exaggeration.

And I still don't get why Trump had no right to call this a "hoax" or comment on this situation publicly. Not only should this be covered by litigation privilege, but as Cerveza Fria pointed out, Carroll also could have been considered a public figure, given her release of a book making these explosive allegations!

So you can release a book accusing Trump of rape, and he's not allowed to call it a hoax, or make negative comments about you in relation to the allegations?

Bizarre decision, and obviously a result of intense political bias.

Sad!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    From Wikipedia:

In 2002, Carroll co-founded greatboyfriends.com with her sister, Cande Carroll. On the site, women recommended their ex-boyfriends to each other. GreatBoyfriends was acquired by The Knot Inc in 2004.
    This is not related to anything involving her allegations against Trump, but that website idea was hilariously bad, even in 2002. I'm shocked that a company actually bought it two years later. (It currently forwards to a dead page on theblush.com.)

Why would women recommend their ex-boyfriend to other women? Their ex is an ex for a reason, right? I suppose if the breakup was strictly the woman's fault and she knows it, then maybe such a recommendation would make sense. But wouldn't such a woman typically want to wait for a possible second chance with such a guy?

Seems like the "recommendation" would come from women who friendzoned nice-but-uninteresting guys they once dated, in order to alleviate some guilt for dumping them. Stupid. And to be clear, I think a converse site (one where men recommend their ex-girlfriends to other men) would be just as dumb.

I'd understand a stupid company acquiring a shit site like this in 1999 or 2000, but 2004 was only 3 years removed from the dot-com bust, so this is so bizarre. Maybe E. Jean used some kind of influence she had as a columnist to get this done. Strange.

Load Metric
    Name:  pfa checks.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  33.5 KB

Comments

garrett: loll
    The reason all workers deserve a living wage is because all workers need to be alive. Not very complex.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    Big time layoffs at WAPO. People tired of reading their lying bullshit.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Getting a contact high off of all this Team Retard copium.

Comments

garrett: lolz
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post
    Name:  pfa checks.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  33.5 KB
    One of Trump’s biggest problems is he can’t get good attorneys to represent him. Not because he’s a fascist moron and the definition of a “problem client” (even I would have zero problem with that), but because he is known to stiff people. Any decent attorney would want a replenishing retainer of about 2 million. So he ends up with shit counsel trying to get “make a name for themselves”.

Load Metric
    let's compare this case with the Johnny Depp case... and i think we should, very comparable cases... why was Depp allowed to bring evidence to show what a whack job Amber Heard was?? well because that is part of the process and a normal and legal defense tactic to discredit an accuser and weed out possible false allegations. Trump was never afforded any of this and was basically told to shut up and take it on the chin... i am pretty sure without looking that the Depp and Trump case were in 2 different court districts but the laws should be not that far off as to what a defense can bring as evidence or try to discredit what the plaintiff brings as evidence. it's a total 180 of what Depp and his defense was able to do compared to Trump's case....

and we all know now what kind of ties the Trump judge had with the plaintiff and who financed the plaintiff's case (Caroll) .... total hit job from start to finish... any lawyers that come here and try to defend what just happened to Trump should be disbarred right in line with this judge and the prosecutor attorneys who represented Caroll... end of story... GET OVER YOUR TDS !!!...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    David USF: He doesn't. He has a milliom. Learn to read.

has all of the jew bashing tilted you over the edge?
    YAWN

Nope. But your lack of a sense of humor seems to have tilted you.

Thread Information