Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High-speed, All-electric Rail Project Connecting Southern California and Las Vegas Is Officially in the Works

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    They're trying a new tactic to fix the Sunday backup at Primm (40 miles south of Vegas). They have improved the shoulder on the southbound 15 to where it is the same quality as a regular lane of traffic. On Sundays and Mondays, they now allow shoulder travel. It used to be only from 10am-8pm, but they lifted that restriction recently. Now you can drive on the shoulder on those two days.

I did that last time I went to Vegas, as they made special allowance for it on January 2, due to the New Years holiday. Most people were afraid to do it, as it felt unnatural.

I don't think this will do a lot of good during heavy traffic times, because the backup is due to the necessity to slow down for the (almost always closed) fruit inspection station at the border. and not as much because of a lack of lanes going south.
    Meanwhile they continue to piss around on building I-11 from Phx to NV. Totally makes zero sense. Largest metro areas with no interstate connection between them. Ridiculous that the route continues to be a 2 lane Hwy (US93) that occasionally widens to 4 lanes at time to allow traffic to pass and spread out again. Meanwhile those zones are literally nascar racing strips with people consistently hitting 100mph+ trying to pass all the semis and slower traffic.

Comments

desertrunner:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

desertrunner is much too bright to have a job, clearly.
    Putting 2 and 2 together knowing DR was in fire service. Knowing CalPers retirement pays well I’m guessing he’s got a nice pension courtesy of the state he’s either started collecting or will very soon.
    Wow, ftjesus is pretty spot on, I'm impressed. Druff can confirm at age 52, CalPERS and UCRS public safety retiree since Dec. 2022. I also have a FERS retirement waiting for me at age 62. Druff actually knows pretty much most of my life details and can confirm stuff.

I am in this pic somewhere and not the kid...

Last edited by desertrunner; 03-15-2024 at 08:34 PM.

Thread Information