Fontainebleu finally put someone better at social media in charge of the @fblasvegas Twitter account, and they're finally "getting it".

Here is their most recent tweet about the matter:

https://twitter.com/fblasvegas/status/1750604777967489480

They're also very actively responding to people commenting and asking questions about these new nachos.

But you know... I had a thought. And I noticed that a guy I follow on Facebook had the identical thought as me, so I'm going to share it out here.

Those new nachos are definitely bigger. And they're actually $3 cheaper than the embarrassing-looking 6-chip version. But are they better?

I'm not joking. Look at the chips of the new version. They look like they could have come out of a Tostitos bag.

Now look at the old version. You can't exactly see the chips, because they're covered in cheese, but they look homemade and gourmet. Indeed, everyone who tried the original nachos, including poker's Joey Ingram, essentially had the same reaction: "Extremely tasty, but portion way too small."

The new nachos just look... ordinary. They look like nachos, but they're ordinary. The original version probably tasted superb, and it was one of those things you'd absolutely love if they just gave you a bigger portion.

When it all comes down to it, the mistake was actually in naming. If these were called, "Gourmet Tortilla Bites" instead of nachos, people would have still been disappointed by the portion size, but it would have been dismissed as "lol pretentious gourmet food, oh well at least it tasted good", and nothing more would have been said. It got all the press it did because it was called "nachos", completely defied the portion expectation of nachos, and also carried a high price.

Had that 6-chip nachos actually been 15 chips, there would not have been any real social media outrage, and if the portion size were a little bigger than that (say, 20 chips), it might have been a highly recommended menu item!