Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DeSantis OUT, endorses Trump

Load Metric

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Republicans will need SOME candidate in 2028, unless Trump loses and chooses to run again (and is in good enough health to do so).

Primary season is only about 3 years away for 2028, believe it or not. I don't see any Republican superstar waiting in the wings right now. Nikki Haley will probably try again, but too much of the base hates her. She won't make it. DeSantis probably has the best shot for the '28 nomination right now, even though a lot can change.

So we might just get that Newsom/DeSantis 2028 contest after all. Benjamin is looking forward to voting in it.
    This is the recency bias I spoke of before.

I will assume for a moment nothing much changes in 4 years (ludicrous - why are we doing this?). What has DeSantis accomplished nationally? DeSantis was REJECTED. Soundly

DeSantis campaigned exhaustively in Iowa and lost every single county. He quit NH. He was about to get his ass kicked in his own state.

Where did Vivek and Nikki come from? They appeared from thin air like the fresh crop in 2028 will.

Our country and the world is going to be vastly different in 4 years.

Load Metric
    I just chuckled at the thought you likely typed the same thing about Lttile Marco a few years ago. These guys come and they go.

Load Metric
    there's gotta be a way to change one little thing real quick. Nobody over x years of age can run for prez. Where x is 65 or less or much less.

Guten Morgen Magats

Name:  t confuxed.JPG
Views: 121
Size:  49.9 KB

Load Metric

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Republicans will need SOME candidate in 2028, unless Trump loses and chooses to run again (and is in good enough health to do so).

Primary season is only about 3 years away for 2028, believe it or not. I don't see any Republican superstar waiting in the wings right now. Nikki Haley will probably try again, but too much of the base hates her. She won't make it. DeSantis probably has the best shot for the '28 nomination right now, even though a lot can change.

So we might just get that Newsom/DeSantis 2028 contest after all. Benjamin is looking forward to voting in it.

I always thought it was idiotic to run for Desantis given his age and that Trump supporters are immovable.

Strangely, how pathetic and awkward and impotent he was as a candidate could be his saving grace.

I never thought he should run, but I assumed if he did, he could at least get to a level where Trump would have to acknowledge his existence, at which point Trump would crush him.

The silver lining for him is is that he was legit so pathetic that he never got out of the gym into the ring where Trump had to lay a glove on him. He started sparring with Nikki Haley and couldn’t even beat her ass. You don’t fight the champ if your sparring partner hangs with you.

Every one of those dudes in 2016 from little Marco to Lying Ted Cruz had any future presidential aspirations completely crushed permanently. You can’t look at them and not chuckle. I mean imagine having Trump say your dad killed JFK and you still go out and suck his dick at every opportunity. No one is ever voting for you to run the country.

He caught a few gentle meatball Ron jabs that were gentle shit like you give when playing with a kid. He was too weak for Trump to ever acknowledge in any serious manner.

Running was idiotic, but running the fuck away and hoping the public forgets in 4 years is smart. There won’t be that 2016 style visual of Trump branding him seared into the public’s memory like there is for all those who were on stage with him at debates.

Silver
    Load Metric
    It’s laughable to think DeSantis has a chance in ‘28 unless AI creates personality transplants between now and then. And can’t even rule that out.

Load Metric
    I have to admit for what I thought would be one of the most exciting primaries ever this has been a total dud.

Trump never took part in any debates which made them pointless.

Desantis out before the first actual primary.

So many candidates have dropped out early.

Unless Haley has a miracle showing tomorrow it’s all over before it really began. I will say polls for NH all over the place to where it’s a dead heat to trump winning by 20 points. Still seems most likely Haley loses by ten or more tomorrow .
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric
    As for running. I do think desantis was trump junior without the entertainment or showmanship. A year ago it wasn’t clear if maga was gonna survive, where trumps legal woes would take him, or his aging health issues. All those questions remain but seems unlikely they will be factors in the next nine months.

Rfk remains to be set as one of the greatest 3rd part candidates ever right now. Quite possibly winner of election gets below 40 percent popular vote. Last person to win under 40 percent was Lincoln…

Name:  IMG_0748.png
Views: 96
Size:  312.6 KB
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric
    Ronald ran for Governor of Florida by copycatting Donald. Ronald succeeded. Ronald started a presidential campaign technically against Donald. Ronald Lost. Donald Won. Ronald used heel lifts, Donald wore elevator shoes. Donald did it better, Donald did it so good, nobody does it better than Donald. Donald is so presidential.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  6E4CAD94-B393-4EA6-A294-4D835237DF84.jpeg
Views: 84
Size:  518.2 KB

Gold
    Load Metric
    Was sorry to see what a loser Ron Desantis is

I personally was a big fan of his, basically entirely because he did not hassle the Florida population very much with COVID restrictions

I don’t follow Florida politics so I had never really even heard him speak other than basic quotes you see on short news clips, still haven’t.

Has anybody ever listened to a desantis speech? Would you for $100?

Thread Information