Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW JACK IN THE BOX BURGER HAS *SOLD TF OUT*

Load Metric

NEW JACK IN THE BOX BURGER HAS *SOLD TF OUT*

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    LONG $JACK

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Might actually be good. I liked smashed-style burgers but most fast food places don't carry them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Might actually be good. I liked smashed-style burgers but most fast food places don't carry them.
    There is a chain called Smashburger that's decent. I think they have a few locations now in California. They opened two locations in my home city I think roughly 11 years ago. Both closed after about 5 years, but I think it was more the company wanting to focus on major metropolitan areas as they expand. They have 200+ locations now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    There is a chain called Smashburger that's decent. I think they have a few locations now in California. They opened two locations in my home city I think roughly 11 years ago. Both closed after about 5 years, but I think it was more the company wanting to focus on major metropolitan areas as they expand. They have 200+ locations now.
    Yes, I liked it, and Benjamin loved it.

All of the locations by me are closed now.

A few years ago, Jollibee, the corporate owner of Smashburger, had an issue on their hands. The location leading the number of consumer complaints in the entire US was..... The Rio Las Vegas location!

And boy, was the location awful. During the day, it was fine. At night, it was run by a bunch of really really trashy young people, who were slow, incompetent, aggressive, and looked like they were going to knife you if you complained about anything.

Let's just say that it's not like that anymore, and a certain Jew might have had a hand in that.

Load Metric
    a year ago i stumbled across some youtube video of some guy making the original style smashburgers and ive never looked back. like when a dude in a cowboy hat and flannel shirt starts talking about the history of hamburgers in front of a hot griddle, i sit my white ass down and listen.

Comments

country978: lol

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    there is one at the Rio I tried out when I was in Vegas and it was nothing special imo

not terrible but nothing to write home about either

Load Metric
    wtf smashburger is hella mid. Shakeshack much better obv

Load Metric
    If tine didn’t post about food and tds, he would have zero content.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    One store received a single order for 27 Smashed Jacks.
    Tine, are you through all 27 yet?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    One store received a single order for 27 Smashed Jacks.
    Tine, are you through all 27 yet?

how much would this site pay me to eat 27 smashed jacks in one day?

ante up lads.

Load Metric
    What I always find funny is people always claim they never eat at a fast food restaurant. Yet every time I drive by a McDonalds or Taco Bell the places are packed with cars. I stopped at a Pilot the other day to take a leak and thought I would just grab a 10 piece nugget and the fucking line was like 25 deep. So I just went back into the Pilot section and got a hot dog.

Banned
    Load Metric

Banned
    Load Metric
    I actually tried the smashburger a few nights ago and it was not terrible but considering Jack in the Box is the nut low for fast food it rates 3 stars

Im almost ashamed to be posting on the same forum with people who eat there but it is what it is

there was all kinds of hype about it so I tried it just out of curiousity

will not be returning to Jack anytime soon not even for 2 tacos

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Only good thing at Jack in the Box is the curly fries. Similar to how the only good thing at McDonald's is their regular fries.

Smashed burgers are not for everyone. Some people prefer a thick burger, and for those people any smashed burger will suck. I am not as obsessed with smashed burgers as my son, but I do like them, and I do see their appeal.

Load Metric
    Only good thing at Jack in the Box is the curly fries. Similar to how the only good thing at McDonald's is their regular fries.

Smashed burgers are not for everyone. Some people prefer a thick burger, and for those people any smashed burger will suck. I am not as obsessed with smashed burgers as my son, but I do like them, and I do see their appeal.

what a profoundly uninformed take.

tacos: plat.

sourdough jack: ultra plat. like weird space plat that we mine out of meteors.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Jack in the Box = LAST RESORT

only to be consumed when every other fast food place within a 50 mile square radius is closed

I would much rather eat a can of those little 99 cent vienna sausages from 711

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

what a profoundly uninformed take.

tacos: plat.

sourdough jack: ultra plat. like weird space plat that we mine out of meteors.

Haven't tried the sourdough jack, but in general the burgers at Jack in the Box are ok at best.

Tacos are horrible. In 1990, I was at my then-girlfriend's house in Redondo Beach, and I was sent out to get Jack in the Box for both of us. She kept insisting the tacos were great and she loved eating them late at night. So I thought to myself, "Hey, I like tacos, I bet I've been missing out." I got a few for her and a few for me. Awful. I couldn't finish one.

Sometimes if I am returning late at night, and Jack is the only thing open, I'll get a Jumbo Jack and curly fries. Edible but not exciting.

Load Metric
    When I was in high school, the original version of the Ultimate Cheeseburger was a drunken favorite, the tacos too. They've completely ruined that burger with the changes. Once in a blue moon I will get some of the tacos for the nostalgia factor. Those are still for the most part the same garbage, but a few of these are heartburn/nausea inducing.

Shake Shack is OK but is not as good as the original quality of Smashburger. I haven't had one in forever but there too is a steep decline in quality from when they first blew up around 2010.

Load Metric
    Tell them to quit stealing off of 5 Guys bitches!!! This aint a clown show. Or is it?

Thread Information