Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SPIRIT AIRLINES

Load Metric
    I have flow from Detroit to Ft Myers, FL, on Spirit for $25.

It's like traveling on an urban bus.

Same clientele, quality of equipment, employee competence, and service.

Comments

Sanlmar:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by turdzilla View Post

We’ve written 100,000 words about Spirit but this was all that was required.

Ft Myers Florida is precisely where the Spirit clientele would wish to go too.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turdzilla View Post

I'm going to Sarasota in March, then Denver then Raleigh (seeing the Celtics in Charlotte), then back to Hartford. Flying Breeze, Frontier and American. If I could've gotten the best deal from Spirit I would've but their schedule and mine didn't match. I'm traveling alone with one backpack for about 2 weeks.

My youngest kid is going to Costa Rica next month for her Spring semester so there is nothing keeping me in Massachusetts especially when there is truly no place like Florida in the Spring.

I took Druff's advice and used Kayak for all of it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

I'm going to Sarasota in March, then Denver then Raleigh (seeing the Celtics in Charlotte), then back to Hartford. Flying Breeze, Frontier and American. If I could've gotten the best deal from Spirit I would've but their schedule and mine didn't match. I'm traveling alone with one backpack for about 2 weeks.

My youngest kid is going to Costa Rica next month for her Spring semester so there is nothing keeping me in Massachusetts especially when there is truly no place like Florida in the Spring.

There is no snow and ice anymore so what’s the point.

Golf is good there. Every freaking golf course has been redone after the Hurricane and flooding. Many top tier courses were redone during the pandemic - resodded and seeded and immaculate. Then a year later they were under salt water.

The Gulf Coast is just one endless strip mall. Even Naples has saddened me.

It’s kind of an inside joke but I’m gonna scoop some Waffle House gift cards next time I’m down there and give them out as gifts. This is how a legend is made.

Remember the Miami condo towers that collapsed? Now so many of the Florida beach front towers are slated for demolition and redevelopment. Current owners are kinda fucked. Some may make out. I need to dive in to the topic. That and the Florida insurance disaster. Nice place to visit … yada yada

Gold
    Load Metric

Golf is good there. Every freaking golf course has been redone after the Hurricane and flooding. Many top tier courses were redone during the pandemic - resodded and seeded and immaculate. Then a year later they were under salt water.

It’s kind of an inside joke but I’m gonna scoop some Waffle House gift cards next time I’m down there and give them out as gifts. This is how a legend is made.
    I haven't been to Florida since 2019. My mom lives there in the winter but she's elderly and so are many of the people in the building so they had stupid covid paranoia that made it unpleasant to visit. The traffic along the Tamiami is horrible but I do expect to enjoy myself for the short time I'm there.

Load Metric

I haven't been to Florida since 2019. My mom lives there in the winter but she's elderly and so are many of the people in the building so they had stupid covid paranoia that made it unpleasant to visit. The traffic along the Tamiami is horrible but I do expect to enjoy myself for the short time I'm there.
    I did a trip during Covid. Went to restaurants and played golf (which I don’t particularly like). It was weird times and people watching. Zero masks. Zero. When in Rome and all that.

Took Spirit. I have no say in these matters. I was far more nervous about the flight than the creeping crud.

Load Metric
    @country

I missed Denver in your post. Denver in March. I love Colorado. The mountains are magical. About as different from Mass as you can get.

You’re on the hook for a trip report

Comments

country978: you got it!

Load Metric
    Movin up

Name:  966B2033-81D6-4596-877A-79D7FB7DDA66.png
Views: 73
Size:  1.35 MB

Load Metric

Exclamation

Breaking-

JetBlue, Spirit agree to terminate merger over regulatory issues

Low-cost carriers JetBlue and Spirit agreed to terminate their $3.8 billion merger agreement after facing significant regulatory and legal hurdles.

On Monday, the airlines issued a joint statement saying that the decision "is the best path forward" because the companies likely wouldn't be able to meet closing conditions, which included receiving legal and regulatory approvals by the deal's July 2024 deadline.

Load Metric
    As someone who works partly in M&A I can tell you first hand this administration doesn't want to see any sort of major deals take place. Im not at all surprised.

Thread Information