Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ** Officall NBC's Walking Dead Ripoff "Revolution" Discussion Thread**

Load Metric

** Officall NBC's Walking Dead Ripoff "Revolution" Discussion Thread**

First episode was pretty good. Firing up the second ep now.

mRobot, what's your take?

obv not as good as Walking Dead, but it could be worse for a show that airs on Monday night

also main hottie looks like a gringo jessica alba, and her uncle is the dad from twilight so that lends additional credibility
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 10-02-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Load Metric
    gustavo fring is GOD

Load Metric
    It reminded me of the movie "The Road" but not as much carnage. I usually will not watch any new t.v. shows, but this caught my eye and decided to watch the first few episodes. The sad part is that it is on NBC and likely will be cancelled after the first season just when the story and characters get really interesting.

Load Metric
    wtf, never heard of this in my life. i will look for info now and try to catch the episode.

Load Metric
    first 3 episodes on hulu/nbc.com

Load Metric
    Not a "Walking Dead" ripoff, since there are no "Walkers".

More of a "Hunger Games" ripoff.

Honestly, I really don't like "Revolution" because it takes a more comical approach to
    a potentially real doomsday scenario.

A "Super-EMP" weapon would destroy almost all of the power infrastructure in this country.

A low-yield nuclear weapon detonated about 300 miles above Nebraska would wipe out most
    of the electronics, computers, TV's, cars, etc. in the continental U.S.

Super-EMP weapons are currently being test by North Korea, China, Russia and the U.S.

The first 24 – 48 hours after such an occurrence will lead to confusion among the general population as traditional news acquisition sources like television, radio and cell phone networks will be non-functional.

Within a matter of days, once people realize the power might not be coming back on and grocery store shelves start emptying, the entire system will begin to delve into chaos.

Within 30 days a mass die off will have begun as food supplies dwindle, looters and gangs turn to violent extremes, medicine can’t be restocked and water pump stations fail.

Within a year of the attack, nine out of 10 Americans would be dead.

So go learn how to use a bow and arrow.

Load Metric
    This is by Bad Robot who made Lost, Fringe, Person of interest and some other well known shows. I was not impressed. To me it looked like a tv series ripoff of the movie The Postman which wasnt a good movie to begin with.

The chick in it is pretty hot though and limitles can have some pride that she is canadian.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    This show -- especially the first episode kind of screws with my head since it filmed in two places I have lived extensively. I grew up in Chicago and lived in Wilmington NC for 3 years and have spent much more time there.

The main shot in the first episode seems to be a composite of Wilmington's Dock Street panning up to a long shot of Chicago from a distance. They are supposedly using downtown Wilmington as a stand in for Chicago which I find strange as there is no resemblance to each other at all.
    Last edited by bukowski72; 10-03-2012 at 02:08 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post
    This show -- especially the first episode kind of screws with my head since it filmed in two places I have lived extensively. I grew up in Chicago and lived in Wilmington NC for 3 years and have spent much more time there.

The main shot in the first episode seems to be a composite of Wilmington's Dock Street panning up to a long shot of Chicago from a distance. They are supposedly using downtown Wilmington as a stand in for Chicago which I find strange as there is no resemblance to each other at all.
    As far as I understand the Pilot (Episode 1) was NOT filmed in Wilmington however the rest were/will be. I did recognize a few places already. The Sticky Bones Restaurant (was next door to Hooters at College and New Centre Drive) which went out of business was used for filming for Episode 3 (which aired this past monday as the Rebel outpost) and Episode 4. They are filming in various locations throughout NHC (county where Wilmington is) as well as Brunswick County. It also came out yesterday NBC ordered the full season yesterday so Revolution will get a full season due to the ratings being as good as they've been which hopefully bodes well for the show that maybe for once NBC might be on to something.

The one good thing is the show is giving a boost to local film/tv industry. Those who dont know the area well dont know Wilmington's nickname has been Wilmywood as well as Hollywood East as its become a very popular filming location for TV and Movies (2 movies recently finished filming including yet another Nicholas Sparks chick flick and another movie that Jennifer Aniston was starring in, in the past obviously better known for One Tree Hill and Dawson's Creek as well as the HBOs Eastbound and Down Seasons 1 and 3 (Season 2 in Mexico was filmed in Puerto Rico)).

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

The one good thing is the show is giving a boost to local film/tv industry. Those who dont know the area well dont know Wilmington's nickname has been Wilmywood as well as Hollywood East as its become a very popular filming location for TV and Movies (2 movies recently finished filming including yet another Nicholas Sparks chick flick and another movie that Jennifer Aniston was starring in, in the past obviously better known for One Tree Hill and Dawson's Creek as well as the HBOs Eastbound and Down Seasons 1 and 3 (Season 2 in Mexico was filmed in Puerto Rico)).
    How Did you leave out Iron Man 3?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

How Did you leave out Iron Man 3?

Damnit I had a feeling that was gonna happen. IM3 isnt in Wilmywood right now they are down filming in Miami at the moment probably why I forgot. They were filming up at the port for about a week. BTW theres an inside joke that secretly Revolution production staff were behind the Carmageddon we dealt with this past weekend when without warning they shut down the Cape Fear Bridge all weekend. NCDOT claimed it was miscommunication, nah the fix was in Im convinced of it.

Load Metric
    4 episodes in and i still don't hate it

def worth checking out if you haven't already

and it's on a monday so dvr it along with No Reservations and watch after monday night football

Load Metric
    Ok, I gave the pilot a shot. Was not very impressed early on and considered stopping. The Hunger Games chick was annoying, and the world seems too bright and shiny for a post apocalyptic world. Also, they got a little lazy with carried over Lost stuff, including natural asthma medicine, fat people in a carbless world, and dudes who look like they got nice haircuts and work out at Gold's Gym twice a day (although I'm willing to concede that militia members may have access to drugs and state of the art workout equipment).

It did start to get a little better though. Fring is always fun to watch, and some of the murder scenes were ok. What will have me coming back and streaming episode 2 is probably the very last 10 minutes or so of the series, where we learn the origins of Monroe, and what that faggy looking charm thing does.

Load Metric
    Finished episode 3 and I'm starting to dig it. Stephen King shoutouts throughout the series (Stu Redman, Randall), Cobra Commander militia backstory, and Jacob from Lost shows up.

Thank you William.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    What bugs the shit out of me is they say that they need to use muzzleloader weapons because ammo has run to low for modern guns. Im pretty sure this militia and others could crank out reload cartridges fairly easily without eletric power. Just one of those little details.

Load Metric
    finished first season, kind of lost it's luster and the weak writing became more evident

some scenes were just totally unbelievable, i've only been sticking with it this far because i like the premise but the execution is really lacking

what you say bot?

Load Metric
    just watched the premiere of season 2

not sure how much more i can take, it's getting pretty bad

it's filmed just like every other basic cable series, the writing is only half as cheesy as the production value

soap opera-ish fail

Load Metric
    I got through half of the premier when it came out. It is a flaming dumpster of horseshit.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    I got through half of the premier when it came out. It is a flaming dumpster of horseshit.
    THISMAS CAME EARLY.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    if you give it a few episodes it's okay...but it;s gone downhill, the whole season centered around the governor, sucks. you want them to explore and keep things interesting...this show is playing out like the sopranos last 2 years..horrible drama. and a couple of characters story line is stupid as hell.

i hope the governor kills that blonde chick. she is the most poorly written of the group.

here's what i think.

i think the governors nerd pal doctor kills him...somebody else is going down as well

Thread Information