Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coinbase advisor John D'Agostino (JDags)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Lol this thread got completely derailed entertaining though, dags quit the pokerz? Ironically its usually Garret that does the derailments or did
    I just went and looked.

JDags actually went out on a high note 10 years ago. He finished 5th at the now-defunct $3k Omaha 8-or-better event (one I wish they still had, as I never got to play it), and cashed a nice $64k.

That was his last WSOP cash. Zero cashes in 2015 anywhere. In 2016, he was surprisingly playing the $235 Rio Daily Deepstacks, and cashed 4th for $11k. This surprises me because they take place during the WSOP, and are aimed at people who want to play tournaments but can't afford WSOP events. So either John was struggling then, or he was just fucking around and happened to hit something decent with that 4th place. I will note that he didn't cash in the WSOP that year. He also cashed at a $226 event at Venetian in 2017. Then he went dark.

But he's not totally out of poker. His last cash was in....

On January 2, he cashed at the Borgata. It was an $800 event, and he cashed $3200.

I hope he's doing okay. From what I saw on Facebook, he seems like he's a good dad to his kids, and he was always a nice guy in my interactions with him.

I have JDags indirectly to thank for the bracelet I won in '05. I was at his rented Vegas condo in early June '05, and he asked me if I was "going to play tomorrow". I asked him what he meant, and he said the $1500 Limit Holdem event was the next day. I said I hadn't really paid attention, because I don't play tournaments, but he encouraged me to play, so I reluctantly did so. I cashed $116k in 3rd in what was my first WSOP event ever. I then went to Interpoker and asked if they'd sponsor me for the $3k Limit Holdem a month later, if I wore their clothes. They said yes, and that was the event I won. Had I not been visiting JDags that night, none of this would have happened.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    I was always a fan of John D'Agostino being from New Jersey learning in Atlantic City where he's also from (South Jersey)
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    It's the same person
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Tl;dr. Garrett has always liked John, Garret likes John a lot.

Thread Information