Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coinbase advisor John D'Agostino (JDags)

Load Metric
    the truth about jdags becomes the truth about garrett having brain damage.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Someone please edit his wiki page and cite this thread as evidence for his poker career.
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    I was always a fan of John D'Agostino being from New Jersey learning in Atlantic City where he's also from (South Jersey)

Nice to see him doing well and working for Coinbase, so in honor of Jdags I have to add the WORST bad beats ive ever seen in LIVE poker (Happened to Jdags)

Hoyt Corkins = FAGGOT
    Jdags = BALD CUCK
    Garrett = GOD
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Banned
    Load Metric
    Garrett most definitely GOD

thread officially logged as 1st entry for HOF 2024

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I do actually wonder what jdags is doing these days.

Those from NWP days remember he was the boyfriend, and then husband, of female user Silence. To my knowledge, both are out of the poker scene, unless they play locally in AC and I don't hear about it. Silence/Mariealena dropped out when she had her two kids (with John), but not sure what led John to drop out.

Silence is a year older than me, and John is 12 years younger than her. I got to know her in 2005. The story behind that is actually interesting.

I was playing a bunch of cash at Bellagio at the time. At one of my tables there was David Williams, not too long after he had finished 2nd in the WSOP Main. This was before the foot fetish videos were discovered and posted on NWP. Anyway, I was shocked to see that sitting behind David was actress Amelia Cooke, who was a hot chick playing "The Matador's daughter" on the scripted poker-themed TV series "TILT". At the time, the series was well known to poker players, ad I instantly recognized Amelia. She and David were definitely some kind of item, touching, kissing, whispering/laughing with each other, etc.

At the time David did not know who I was. I sat quiet and pretended I didn't recognize who she was, and nobody else at the table said anything either. David/Amelia were right next to me, so I couldn't avoid seeing/hearing them. At one point I heard her brag that she "stole" the jeans she was wearing from the set of TILT.

Anyway, as soon as I got back to my apartment, I posted the juicy gossip that David was dating The Matador's daughter. However, it was like 3am so most people didn't see it yet.

Within like an hour, I got a message from a new NWP account named "Silence", named because it was asking me for silence. The person identified themselves as a friend of David's. They informed me that David had "a girlfriend back home in Texas" and that "David would really appreciate it if you removed that post about the Matador's daughter."

I decided to be nice and removed the post. Surprisingly nobody commented on the post being gone -- probably because it was the middle of the night and few had seen it. I told "Silence" that the post was gone. The person thanked me, and then identified themselves as "the girl" I had played with 3-handed at Bellagio the night before. It was a girl named Mariealena, whom I had remembered being nice (and also was the overwhelming winner in that game).

She ended up sticking around on NWP and becoming friends with a lot of people there, eventually hosting those summer parties I've posted about, when she and John would rent a place in Vegas.

We were fairly good friends for awhile and talked a lot in the mid-2000s. She and I never had a falling out, but we fell out of contact many years ago, so I don't know what's going on with her these days.

Comments

NickyPipes: Interesting

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    She and I never had a falling out, but we fell out of contact many years ago

wow weird

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    It’s obviously the same guy, not sure why you’re giving Garret a hard time

Load Metric
    We need a VIP cooking thread/forum so Silence will post.

Garret get your myopia checked out pal

Comments

Pablo:

Load Metric
    Seriously though how does Garrett think those two completely different guys are the same person.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

HEY GARRETT DID U SEE JDAGS NOW HAS HIS OWN CELEBRITY CUSTOM CAR COMPANY.

MAKE SURE U EAT UR BIG BOWL OF RETARD SOUP BEFORE U START UR DAY

Name:  IMG_9195.jpeg
Views: 127
Size:  88.2 KB

Name:  IMG_9196.jpeg
Views: 128
Size:  120.9 KB

https://celebritykustoms.com/
    "It just goes to show the kind of person you are , I got no toe"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He needs to work on his spelling, but I'm otherwise impressed with John's recent automotive work.

MORE LIEK J- FAGS (THE WORD FAGS INSTEAD OF DAGS)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadolph_Titler View Post
    MORE LIEK J- FAGS (THE WORD FAGS INSTEAD OF DAGS)
    You're 20 years too late.

On 2004 NWP, jdags21 registered an account and posted occasionally. He was unhappy to see that a "JFags12" also registered, and posted as a parody of him.

Because of my typing of g-a-y on Pokerstars whenever I took a bad beat, plus my open trolling of Neverwin at the time, he assumed JFags12 had to be me. He sent me a message asking if I was JFags12, and I said no. It seemed like he didn't believe me.

Fast forward about a year when I was open about who Dan Druff was in real life. John approached me at Bellagio and said, "Sorry about thinking you were JFags12 last year. I was sure it was you and didn't believe your denial at the time. But I just found out it was an old buddy from Connecticut who was fucking with me, and now I feel bad for accusing you of it."

I told him there was no need to apologize and I was glad he finally figured it out.

Load Metric
    Amazing how all the full tilt pros ran so well. Especially John and Eric lingdren. I remember Lindgren won a big buyin ton of runners. Funniest story was that full tilt gave lingdren a 1 million loan then mistakenly sent him another milli not surprising he didn't return any and poker stars I believe tried unsuccesfully to sue him. John would always chat with the railbird. I had my chat blocked quite a few times lol.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Amazing how all the full tilt pros ran so well. Especially John and Eric lingdren. I remember Lindgren won a big buyin ton of runners. Funniest story was that full tilt gave lingdren a 1 million loan then mistakenly sent him another milli not surprising he didn't return any and poker stars I believe tried unsuccesfully to sue him. John would always chat with the railbird. I had my chat blocked quite a few times lol.

its incredible how normalized it all felt, the sums of money these absolute burgers were raking in.

and then right on cue we saw the personality disorders, addictions, and good old mean reversion step in. now almost all of them are destitute mentally ill weirdos. they arent smart enough to compete so they just borrow loans from each other they can never pay back and go to twitter to blame woke after they chunk it all off on the money line.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post

its incredible how normalized it all felt, the sums of money these absolute burgers were raking in.

and then right on cue we saw the personality disorders, addictions, and good old mean reversion step in. now almost all of them are destitute mentally ill weirdos. they arent smart enough to compete so they just borrow loans from each other they can never pay back and go to twitter to blame woke after they chunk it all off on the money line.
    The problem was that a lot of these people were young and lacked life experience, so they did not have the maturity or self-control to engage in bankroll management and responsible life behavior. The money was rolling in, they were having fun, they were gambling on everything, they were seen as quasi-celebrities, they were doing drugs, and still winning. Sweet life.

But yeah none of that is sustaiable long term. The guy with arguably the most natural poker skill, Stu Ungar, was eaten by those exact same forces, and he died broke before the boom even started.

Even a lot of the older ones met the same fate, as they also could not resist the various temptations which came with the sudden availability of easier winnings and bigger money.

It was a very unique time, to say the least. We won't see it again.

That's why I laugh at talk of being in a "second poker boom" because the WSOP Main managed to attract 10,000 entries in 2023. That's a feather in the cap of Caesars marketers (who are great at what they do), but doesn't say much else. There is no fucking second poker boom, nor will there ever be one.

Load Metric

The problem was that a lot of these people were young and lacked life experience, so they did not have the maturity or self-control to engage in bankroll management and responsible life behavior. The money was rolling in, they were having fun, they were gambling on everything, they were seen as quasi-celebrities, they were doing drugs, and still winning. Sweet life.

But yeah none of that is sustaiable long term. The guy with arguably the most natural poker skill, Stu Ungar, was eaten by those exact same forces, and he died broke before the boom even started.

Even a lot of the older ones met the same fate, as they also could not resist the various temptations which came with the sudden availability of easier winnings and bigger money.

That's why I laugh at talk of being in a "second poker boom" because the WSOP Main managed to attract 10,000 entries in 2023. That's a feather in the cap of Caesars marketers (who are great at what they do), but doesn't say much else. There is no fucking second poker boom, nor will there ever be one.

i mean in a sense, there was a second poker boom; /r/wsb.

and the third poker boom was crypto.

and the fourth, which is currently in progress, is AI.

Comments

Sanlmar: top top

Load Metric

i mean in a sense, there was a second poker boom; /r/wsb.

and the third poker boom was crypto.

and the fourth, which is currently in progress, is AI.
    the means changes but not the end

top post my man

Load Metric
    Lol this thread got completely derailed entertaining though, dags quit the pokerz? Ironically its usually Garret that does the derailments or did

Thread Information