Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America's Card Room??? Thoughts / Experiences

Silver
    Load Metric

America's Card Room??? Thoughts / Experiences

I've been getting alot of e-mails recently for America's Card Room....my understanding is it is the new reincarnation of Doyle's Room but under new owners. They are offering 27% rakeback and supposedly even US players can get a Visa Debit card for ATM withdrawals. I never played on Doyle's Room but heard nightmares.....this new version any better?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    The company as a whole has been around for a while now. They used to be the card room at betcris and were a part of the ongame network before they pulled out of the US market. I haven't heard any negative things about them of late and am considering depositing there myself to give it a go

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've heard good things about them.

They're supposedly run out of the same office as True Poker, which is also on the same network.

Do limit holdem games of 10-20 or higher ever go there?

Load Metric
    I play at ACR everyday they have the fastest cashouts afaik (about 10 days). I have never used the debit card.
    The traffic is slowly picking up. They have 24/7 live customer service.
    Ive never noticed any decent sized lhe games. Its pretty much all nlhe with an occasional plo game or two.

Druff try to get ACR to give us a freeroll.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I just downloaded the software. 3500 people playing. No limit games running but same guy is sitting at 10/20, 20/40 and 30/60. Software looks decent.

Load Metric
    4betuonturn crushes ACR. He would know the answers to any questions I would think

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I've heard good things about them.

They're supposedly run out of the same office as True Poker, which is also on the same network.

Do limit holdem games of 10-20 or higher ever go there?
    Sadly Druff No, Zero limit poker goes on which sucks for me because for cash games 6max Limit is my niche. Biggest "regular" games that go on are 2/4 PLO and NLHE with an occasional single 5/10 of each going up. I have been a SnG/MTT tournament player for quite some time now but I didn't find it too hard to beat 6max 100NL there but my sample size wasn't that great but the players were pretty piss poor too. They seem to have some sort of elaborate Rewards system for the regulars on there which I wouldn't mind taking advantage of but I am not a cash player and wouldn't want to grind cash via the software either given the choice unless I had a deal with a backer or something. Biggest regular tourneys is ~$10 and you are lucky to see a $5 SnG kickoff once n a while its pretty sad on that front.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have been playing on ACR since they were with betcris, and now partnered up with True.

As far as I am concerned, this is the only place to play for USA residents. Deposits are almost instant with WU, and they will pay your fee's if it is $300 or over.

Limit hold'em is basically dead on the site, with maybe an occasional 10/20.

As far as the debit card goes, I recommend it to every user. I received my card in a little over a week. Cashouts from ACR to my card go through in no later than 48 hours. The fee's for the card is $6 a month. Yet your balance will never go in the negative if your balance is at 0. Best thing to do is to take all your money off the card the first chance you get.

The reason I feel this is the best place to play is simple. True poker got shutdown by the DOJ, and they basically gave them the finger. The site never stopped. I know it has been said a million times, and I heard China say it last night. Simply don't keep an amount on a site that you cannot afford to lose.

Load Metric
    thanks for your opinions i think i will play here for a while. Now if i could jut become a profitable card player things would be great.....lol

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I've been playing at True Poker for about 3 weeks now. I put a small deposit in and grinding and building up a tiny roll. I've got a pretty good rakeback deal through them that's not avail anymore. significantly more than any other US room is offering right now. That said, The network traffic overall is fairly low for cash games in general. A bit more traffic for tourneys, however, I don't play many and not sure what the overlays are for the guaranteed tourneys.

Druff, Limit Holdem games at any stake rarely run on the network though.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    well this threads inspired me, gonna give ACR a try here in the next couple weeks im a MTT grinder so ive heard i can get in a decent number of games....

the only thing im worried about are the same problems i have with Merge Network the potential for cheating and lack of proper security features in place to prevent it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    How about sngs and mtts?

Load Metric
    from what i have seen security is good... sng and mtt are good as well cash is tough.... BUT i am in no way as good as a third of the players on this sit so take it for what its worth

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nm river ratt View Post
    from what i have seen security is good... sng and mtt are good as well cash is tough.... BUT i am in no way as good as a third of the players on this sit so take it for what its worth
    thanks man, i think im gonna try out ACR as soon as my bankroll is healthy again

Bronze
    Load Metric
    When I signed on the sng traffic looked horrible

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I made a deposit with ACR based on what I read here. I think I made a big mistake.

My first tourney, first hand, I'm dealt quad 9s. Guess what, I'm beat by quad aces.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawglaig View Post
    I made a deposit with ACR based on what I read here. I think I made a big mistake.

My first tourney, first hand, I'm dealt quad 9s. Guess what, I'm beat by quad aces.
    I registered on here to listen to the 7:00 feed and was looking for reputable poker sites. I'm still going with ACR as hiliarious as your unfortunate plot is.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Have they replaced doyles? or closed it completely?

I am newly registered on ACR...

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemplar View Post
    I have been playing on ACR since they were with betcris, and now partnered up with True.

As far as I am concerned, this is the only place to play for USA residents. Deposits are almost instant with WU, and they will pay your fee's if it is $300 or over.

Limit hold'em is basically dead on the site, with maybe an occasional 10/20.

As far as the debit card goes, I recommend it to every user. I received my card in a little over a week. Cashouts from ACR to my card go through in no later than 48 hours. The fee's for the card is $6 a month. Yet your balance will never go in the negative if your balance is at 0. Best thing to do is to take all your money off the card the first chance you get.

The reason I feel this is the best place to play is simple. True poker got shutdown by the DOJ, and they basically gave them the finger. The site never stopped. I know it has been said a million times, and I heard China say it last night. Simply don't keep an amount on a site that you cannot afford to lose.

Good advice..Thanks!

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Am I missing something??? I don't see why anyone would play on the revolution network. Between last night and today... OMG@! There are hardly any good games goin on and then you have to wait forever for enough people to register for a 1 table tourn....man oh man, do I regret ever depositing there.... If the merge network goes down, I'm quitting the game I love cuz as far as I'm concerned the rev. network...really blows!

Thread Information