Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Drexel Show for 10/2/2012 -- ***$50 FREEROLL***

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Drexel Show for 10/2/2012 -- ***$50 FREEROLL***

Show begins at 7:00pm PDT on Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012.

You can listen by going to our Radio tab above, or clicking here: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/radio.php

Call in number: (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355. Make sure to show your caller ID, or the phone system will not let you through (you will probably get a busy signal)!

You can follow along and interact with us in our live chat room, by clicking the Chat tab near the top of the screen. You need to be logged in and have flash capability on your computer to see the chat.

We have a $20 freeroll tonight. If you want to donate more money to up the prize pool, please post here.

$50 Freeroll info
    Tournament Location: NoFraud Online Poker Room
    Tournament Date/Time: 7:40pm PDT on Tuesday, 10/2/2012
    Tournament Type: Omaha 8 or Better
    Tournament Buyin: FREE - it doesn't even cost you any play chips!
    Tournament Prizes: 1st $30, 2nd $15, 3rd $5. I will send this to you by PayPal, bank transfer, Hero Poker transfer, or check. PM me after you win to claim your prize.
    There is no tournament password. Go register now! There is no late registration (software doesn't have that option) so register early!

Thanks to LLL for the prize money!

*** IMPORTANT ***

To qualify for the freeroll, you need to have registered on PokerFraudAlert by May 21, 2012 at 5:30pm PDT.

If you are a lurker and still want to play, you must PM me or e-mail me beforehand and explain how long you've been listening/lurking, and tell me some of your favorite anecdotes from the forum (either here or DD) or the radio show. If you fail to do this before the tournament, or if you send me some generic bullshit like, "I think the show is funny. I like the show", you will NOT qualify for the freeroll, and your prize will be given to the next qualifying finisher.

I am doing this in order to prevent freeroll-hunting leeches from using our site for our freeroll money and then disappearing.

Agenda for tonight:

- Howard Lederer incurs the wrath of DiamondFlushPoker

- Was Brandon Cantu cheated out of a bracelet at the WSOPE?

- Black Chip Poker faces $25k fine per player for "poaching" on the Merge Network

- Attempt to again call the girl who may have cheated Ken Scalir

- Interview with a new recurring "character" for the show

- MORE TOPICS TO BE POSTED SOON, SUGGEST ONES YOU WANT TO BE DISCUSSED

- Whatever else we feel like discussing

- Please suggest other good topics if you don't see them here!

- We take your phone calls at (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355

Banned
    Load Metric
    Omaha 8? Cool.

I see it's limit and not PLO8 but that's OK.

Should be fun.

Load Metric
    Good stuff with the O/8 tourney.

Load Metric
    I will send the 4th place finisher $5 on Lock.
    If the 4th place finisher does not have or want a Lock account it will roll over to next week.

Load Metric
    What about Gus Hansen as the new... err... face of FTP when it relaunches? http://pokerfuse.com/news/poker-room...t-poker-02-10/
    @hotshott74 on twitter

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    If the 4th place finisher does not have or want a Lock account it will roll over to next week.
    Thanks, will mention this.

Show is delayed til 7:15.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    Thanks, will mention this.

Show is delayed til 7:15.
    I recorded two hours of the WSOP ME on ESPN in order to listen to PFA Radio live. I guess I can wait another 15 minutes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Some things referenced on the show:

Here is Marafioti's black eye pic:

Here is Cindy Violette's website: http://violettesvegan.com
    ... and her document describing her restaurant:
    http://violettesvegan.com/Home_files...%20120828s.pdf

Here is Brandon Cantu's interview on Pokernews:

Here is Dave Lerman's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dave.lerman

Load Metric
    I took down the freeroll. Go ahead and roll the prize into next week or another week where the prize money is scarce.

Load Metric
    http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...ull=1#post4687

Go to sleep, white people!

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Here's 'Jim', the King of all Answering Machine Hackers.

MP3 file: http://twitc.com/me/16302355/druffonstern-96-10-07.mp3

Here's my explanation of the segment where I appeared on Howard Stern in 1996 (posted above by Crowe Diddly). I posted the below about 2 years ago:

--

1) I used the name "Jim" and the fake southern accent because I knew that answering machine hacking was technically a crime, and that Stern had a HUGE audience. I didn't think it was likely anyone would arrest me for it, but I wanted to be anonymous to everyone but trusted friends at the time. Now it's 13 1/2 years later, so I don't give a shit.

2) Howard Stern had phone line problems on his show that day. You will notice one part where I keep talking over Daniel Carver, and Howard gets mad, calling me an "idiot" at one point. I wasn't actually talking over anyone. The issues with the phone lines actually made everything go completely silent on my end at times, when in reality people were talking. Howard didn't realize this, as it was only 45 minutes into his show. Later in the episode, he commented on the phone problems when other call-in guests experienced the same issue.

3) I was blindsided by Daniel Carver being on the show with me. It was a pleasant surprise, but unexpected. Here is the order of events:

- Saturday, October 5th, 1996: I hack Daniel Carver's answering machine (with the usual variation of the "Wake Up White People" message), and change it to my own parody version.

- Sunday, October 6th: I notice that the message is still up. One of my friends suggests that I call Howard Stern and let him know about it. I agree, provided that the message stays up until Monday morning, when Howard comes back on the air.

- Monday, October 7th at 3am PST: Despite having work early in the morning, I set my alarm for 3am, when Howard Stern begins his broadcast. I call into his show, and Stuttering John answers. I tell him about the situation and ask him to call Daniel's machine. John does, and he finds it hilarious. He shows it to Baba Booey, who also really enjoys it. Baby Booey gets on the phone, and explains that he wants me on the show, but that Sting is about to do a 45-minute live concert from China (weird for Howard's show, right?), and they can't reschedule that. He offers to call me back when it's done. Because I am nervous about my phone number being traced to my identity, I give him a "forwarding" number I have, which would be harder to trace. In hindsight, this was probably too much caution. Like the white people in my message, I go to sleep and wait for the call.

- Monday, October 7th, 3:45am: The call wakes me up. My then-girlfriend, who is sleeping beside me, is very confused about this whole thing, but I take the call in the other room and tell her she'll enjoy this in the morning. I find myself on the Howard Stern show with Daniel Carver. The segment lasts for about 12 minutes.

- Monday, October 7th, 6:45am: I am driving my girlfriend to work, and I turn on KLSX 97.1. I hear my own voice on the radio, since Howard reruns the show 3 hours behind starting at 6am. I look around the crowded LA freeway and realize that many of the cars around me are listening to my voice at that very moment. It was a weird feeling.

The segment aired a total of 6 times over the years. It made four "Best Of" shows, and I was nominated for an F-Emmy in the "Best Phony Phone Call" category. I didn't win.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...ull=1#post4687

Go to sleep, white people!

Here's my explanation of the segment where I appeared on Howard Stern in 1996 (posted above by Crowe Diddly). I posted the below about 2 years ago:

--

1) I used the name "Jim" and the fake southern accent because I knew that answering machine hacking was technically a crime, and that Stern had a HUGE audience. I didn't think it was likely anyone would arrest me for it, but I wanted to be anonymous to everyone but trusted friends at the time. Now it's 13 1/2 years later, so I don't give a shit.

2) Howard Stern had phone line problems on his show that day. You will notice one part where I keep talking over Daniel Carver, and Howard gets mad, calling me an "idiot" at one point. I wasn't actually talking over anyone. The issues with the phone lines actually made everything go completely silent on my end at times, when in reality people were talking. Howard didn't realize this, as it was only 45 minutes into his show. Later in the episode, he commented on the phone problems when other call-in guests experienced the same issue.

3) I was blindsided by Daniel Carver being on the show with me. It was a pleasant surprise, but unexpected. Here is the order of events:

- Saturday, October 5th, 1996: I hack Daniel Carver's answering machine (with the usual variation of the "Wake Up White People" message), and change it to my own parody version.

- Sunday, October 6th: I notice that the message is still up. One of my friends suggests that I call Howard Stern and let him know about it. I agree, provided that the message stays up until Monday morning, when Howard comes back on the air.

- Monday, October 7th at 3am PST: Despite having work early in the morning, I set my alarm for 3am, when Howard Stern begins his broadcast. I call into his show, and Stuttering John answers. I tell him about the situation and ask him to call Daniel's machine. John does, and he finds it hilarious. He shows it to Baba Booey, who also really enjoys it. Baby Booey gets on the phone, and explains that he wants me on the show, but that Sting is about to do a 45-minute live concert from China (weird for Howard's show, right?), and they can't reschedule that. He offers to call me back when it's done. Because I am nervous about my phone number being traced to my identity, I give him a "forwarding" number I have, which would be harder to trace. In hindsight, this was probably too much caution. Like the white people in my message, I go to sleep and wait for the call.

- Monday, October 7th, 3:45am: The call wakes me up. My then-girlfriend, who is sleeping beside me, is very confused about this whole thing, but I take the call in the other room and tell her she'll enjoy this in the morning. I find myself on the Howard Stern show with Daniel Carver. The segment lasts for about 12 minutes.

- Monday, October 7th, 6:45am: I am driving my girlfriend to work, and I turn on KLSX 97.1. I hear my own voice on the radio, since Howard reruns the show 3 hours behind starting at 6am. I look around the crowded LA freeway and realize that many of the cars around me are listening to my voice at that very moment. It was a weird feeling.

The segment aired a total of 6 times over the years. It made four "Best Of" shows, and I was nominated for an F-Emmy in the "Best Phony Phone Call" category. I didn't win.

Load Metric
    emeritus

Retired but retaining an honorary title corresponding to that held immediately before retirement: a professor emeritus.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    emeritus

Retired but retaining an honorary title corresponding to that held immediately before retirement: a professor emeritus.
    That might be the textbook definition, but that's not really how it's used today.

Most people listed as "emeritus" have agreed to come back to their job in a temporary position when really needed.

For example, professors emeritus are typically on hand in case one of the regular professors leaves and needs someone to step in and finish the term.

My temple has had several rabbis emeritus. They lead the congregation for periods of a few weeks to a few months when the temple is "between rabbis".

It is true that all positions emeritus tend to be filled by retired people.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I called Jasep "host emeritus" not because he's retired, but because he has offered to be the third host whenever we need him, rather than taking a permanent position as third host.

I will say that I felt he did a good job yesterday, and look forward to having him again as host of the show.

Load Metric
    with all due respect this isn't filthylimper, should either have just the 2 hosts or have vwls back if/when she's willing to return? that or longo as co-host...

:40gr8itso

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Tournament results for this week.

Tournament=Radio Donkament
    Number=93
    BuyIn=0+0
    PrizeBonus=12000
    MultiplyBonus=No
    Entrants=31
    Start=2012-09-25 19:40:05
    Place31=donkey (0)
    Place30=dwai (0)
    Place29=shortbuspkr (0)
    Place28=WillieStole (0)
    Place27=SixToedPete (0)
    Place26=fatman548 (0)
    Place25=Cornbread (0)
    Place24=Bootsy (0)
    Place23=DrPeters (0)
    Place22=drizljugod (0)
    Place21=Sandwich (0)
    Place20=RayBITarCoin (0)
    Place19=anonamoose (0)
    Place18=snowtracks (0)
    Place17=MdwstHstlr (0)
    Place16=ByeDonk (0)
    Place15=ltrainkoja (0)
    Place14=xtremepedro (0)
    Place13=CroweDiddly (0)
    Place12=BUBBLES (0)
    Place11=zerone (0)
    Place10=Hockey_Guy (0)
    Place9=lee_cutter (0)
    Place8=bingo (0)
    Place7=TUFFTURF (0)
    Place6=DirtyErnie (840)
    Place5=_4BET (960)
    Place4=Boots2yas (1320)
    Place3=Jasep (1800)
    Place2=ownmatusow (2760)
    Place1=Ricky (4320)
    Stop=2012-09-25 21:45:17
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster

Number=93
    BuyIn=0+0
    PrizeBonus=12000
    MultiplyBonus=No
    Entrants=31
    That tourney was from last week. I got 2nd this week otherwise wouldn't have noticed

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster

Number=93
    BuyIn=0+0
    PrizeBonus=12000
    MultiplyBonus=No
    Entrants=31
    That tourney was from last week. I got 2nd this week otherwise wouldn't have noticed
    Yup. I didn't play this week & has me down for t10th which is what I finished last week.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    with all due respect this isn't filthylimper, should either have just the 2 hosts or have vwls back if/when she's willing to return? that or longo as co-host...

:40gr8itso
    I agree with this completely, I was just helping a brotha out

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Oh bollocks. 2nd time lucky.

Number=94
    BuyIn=0+0
    PrizeBonus=12000
    MultiplyBonus=No
    Entrants=30
    Start=2012-10-02 19:40:02
    Place30=ftpjesus (0)
    Place29=dwai (0)
    Place28=teamPFA (0)
    Place27=ltrainkoja (0)
    Place26=Muck_Ficon (0)
    Place25=shortbuspkr (0)
    Place24=Edward_Teach (0)
    Place23=RyderCupLOL (0)
    Place22=ByeDonk (0)
    Place21=Menks (0)
    Place20=Jasep (0)
    Place19=CroweDiddly (0)
    Place18=SixToedPete (0)
    Place17=RayBITarCoin (0)
    Place16=Sandwich (0)
    Place15=Cornbread (0)
    Place14=WillieStole (0)
    Place13=gauchojake (0)
    Place12=fatman548 (0)
    Place11=MarkNewhouse (0)
    Place10=Ricky (0)
    Place9=DrPeters (0)
    Place8=BUBBLES (0)
    Place7=bingo (0)
    Place6=drexel1 (840)
    Place5=lee_cutter (960)
    Place4=AOW (1320)
    Place3=TUFFTURF (1800)
    Place2=simpdog2 (2760)
    Place1=Bootsy (4320)
    Stop=2012-10-02 22:46:08
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Thread Information