Thread: Solver tool creator "MonkerGuy" accused of stealing crypto

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Solver tool creator "MonkerGuy" accused of stealing crypto

MonkerGuy created the poker training solver called "MonkerSolver". It is generally well regarded. It made the news earlier this year when Ali Imsirovic admitted to using the MonkerSolver to cheat while playing online poker, but the MonkerSolver itself was not at fault for this (no more than a gun is at fault for being used to murder someone).

I don't know much about MonkerGuy himself. He does follow me on Twitter, and while he doesn't post super often, he seems to have a good sense of humor and will often parody the controversy of the day. Overall I liked the guy, though again I knew little about him.

Today the following allegation was posted about him:

https://twitter.com/smille7331/status/1739490761710907646

Here is the 2+2 post:

Quote Originally Posted by smille1337 View Post
    Hello folks, Merry Christmas.

I am Daniel Smiljkovic, a.k.a SmilleThHero, HS reg and stunt double of Teddy KGB.

I'm renting a server from MonkerGuy(https://www.monkerguy.com).
    About a month ago, I had to send a friend $21 744usdt.
    By mistake, I sent to the previously used address which was the one I uses to pay for MonkerGuy.
    I realized the mistake few days, after when my friend told me he was waiting for his usdt.

I texted MonkerGuy about it and at first he said he never received it.
    I checked on the blockchain and the money had been transferred to an exchange an hour after it arrived.
    I confronted him about it and he now said the address belonged to a friend. He then also said, his friends account got freezed for KYC purposes.
    I have asked about who that friend was, what exchange it was, …. MonkerGuy has decided not to answer any of those questions.

It is also interesting to note that that eth address was receiving payments in usdt on regular basis but suddenly stopped the moment my $21k hit.

Please be aware of this guy if you are using his rental service. I have always paid without any problems and no delays and this is not the way how you should run a business.

The address is https://etherscan.io/address/0xb6454...4635#tokentxns

In addition to selling a solver tool, MonkerGuy rents out virtual private server space. This customer is alleging that he accidentally sent $21k to MonkerGuy via crypto, instead of to a friend as intended, and MonkerGuy gave all kinds of excuses why he couldn't send it back.

Continued next post...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is MonkerGuy's answer, in response to Doug Polk publicly questioning it:

https://twitter.com/WillieMcFML/status/1740148069453410450

I don't have this money. I didn't ask him to send this money and I don't owe him any money.

For context, here are some more details

1. This 21k wasn't meant to be sent to MonkerGuy, we had no idea this money was incoming, it was randomly sent by accident from his friend to an address we had previously used with smille when paying for a server
    2. This address wasn't a MonkerGuy wallet, we often trade USDT for PayPal to pay for servers and often use different addresses and have payments sent to different people
    3. Smille realized his mistake 3 days later, told us what happened and asked us to return the USDT
    4. We have been trying to resolve the issue and get the money back for him.

This has been on going for more than a month and I'm pretty sick of thinking about it. He thought threatening me and posting publicly would help. I guess it's a freeroll for him to try get some money back. The entire thing is pretty fucked up imo.

This looks like bullshit.

As Willie pointed out, the address has had activity since the money was accidentally sent there. MonkerGuy attempts to claim that someone else controls that crypto address, and that he sometimes has people send money there when he owes the person/people controlling it. Or at least I think that's what he's claiming.

But that's a nonsense excuse. Clearly SOMEONE got the $21k, and Monker probably knows who it is. So if that other person really did steal it, Monker should out him, rather than just attempting to wash his hands of it.

In my opinion, Monker is just trying to find an excuse to hold onto the money, or if he's not, he's definitely being uncooperative about getting it back.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Forgive my naivety, but what are these poker players doing with these servers?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by incognito81 View Post
    Forgive my naivety, but what are these poker players doing with these servers?
    Running sims with the Monker software

Load Metric
    Fuck every single asshole who has created a solver

They are killing onlne poker more and more with each passing day

Cubic Zirconia
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Fuck every single asshole who has created a solver

They are killing onlne poker more and more with each passing day
    I mean it was only the natural progression of things as technology improves, no? There was no way to stop it from happening so people conducted fair business by providing the resource for everyone to use for studying the game (aka GTOW)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Introducing.... MonkerGuy!!

https://www.nzwao.com/companies/monkerguy-limited/

(Jerod Smith found this, not me)

Name:  777DDF84-9EFA-4824-8AAD-BAB170A077BA.jpeg
Views: 248
Size:  106.9 KB

Daniel James Francis of New Zealand

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/notspewheb/status/1741779695647993871

2024 will go down in history as the year MonkerGuy learned the relationship between money and business reputation.

Comments

Tariq Reed: For someone to risk their business reputation over only $22K indicates to me that either they are either naturally shady or in financial trouble... maybe both.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Things are looking up for the victim here. He just won the PGT.

https://twitter.com/PokerGO/status/1745285338032165008

Thread Information