Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California and the impact of the $20 minimum wage for fast food workers.

Load Metric

Thumbs up California and the impact of the $20 minimum wage for fast food workers.

This is just the beginning...

California Pizza Hut franchises announce layoffs of delivery drivers before new $20 minimum wage: report

Multiple Pizza Hut franchises in California are planning to lay off delivery drivers as the restaurant chain braces for an increase in the minimum wage for fast food workers next year.

Several Pizza Hut operators filed notices to comply with the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act saying they were discontinuing their delivery services.

"PacPizza, LLC, operating as Pizza Hut, has made a business decision to eliminate first-party delivery services and, as a result, the elimination of all delivery driver positions," a federal WARN Act notice filed by the fast-food operator with the state's Employment Development Department said, Business Insider reported.

Another operator, Southern California Pizza Co. also announced layoffs of around 841 drivers across the state. The moves impact Pizza Hut locations in Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside and Ventura counties.

Several Pizza Hut operators announced that they will discontinue delivery services at a number of locations in California. (Pizza Hut / Fox News)

Many of the franchises will rely on third-party delivery apps like Uber Eats, GrubHub and DoorDash.

The layoffs announcements came months before most fast food workers in California will begin earning a minimum wage of $20 per hour, beginning in April. The increase was proposed as a way to offset the increasing cost of living for Californians.

Banned
    Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    You should apply for the 20/hr. It could help you get back on your feet.

Load Metric
    The politicians here are beyond stupid.

Hutmaster check in pal.

Load Metric
    F that, lets the chips fall where they may.
    What kind of asshole would you have to be to think people should work for you full time & still need 2nd job or be homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

Hutmaster check in pal.

Comments

Cerveza Fria: Only Schumucks like you blame Job Creators

Orko: Counter Cerveza Retard, no more slave labor
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    What kind of asshole would you have to be to think people should work for you full time & still need 2nd job or be homeless.

Hutmaster check in pal.
    This is why Gringo liberals are killing the Blue States' economies. Over-regulation. Over-taxation. Blame business owners (Job creators). This is what Jimmy G blindly supports. This is why Jimmy G is a schmuck. Don't be like Jimmy G.

Comments

lol wow:

tyde: JimmyG hiding out

Orko: Bullcrap, it
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Silver
    Load Metric
    In N Out raised their prices last week around 8%. The double double combo meal is now over $10.

Load Metric
    the state is gonna run out of other peoples money very soon i mean this was hilarious jimmy415 https://www.statnews.com/2023/05/10/...cide-net-cost/

Load Metric
    This is yellow journalism, now go interview the thousands of employees who got a subtantial raise. The busisses that sells a quality product can pass on the cost to the customer.
    The business using cat and dog instead of chicken have to shut their doors. The customers won't even notice the tiny price increase. This needs to happen nationwide in all industries.

Comments

Cerveza Fria: Poker like a true libtard idioto

Load Metric
    also only an idiot gets the combo meal you get the 3x3 grilled onions nothing else if you ever goto in n out only you morons that love mayonnaise sauces are a gross other breed love that animal style shit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

This is why Gringo liberals are killing the Blue States' economies. Over-regulation. Over-taxation. Blame business owners (Job creators). This is what Jimmy G blindly supports. This is why Jimmy G is a schmuck. Don't be like Jimmy G.
    That's not the problem, diversity and inclusion via immigration is the problem. Who the fuck wants to live with the worst people from the third worldie Hatians.
    Let me see your green card Amigo.

Load Metric
    what state do you live in moron

Load Metric
    wait hold on oh but jimmmmmmmmmmmyyy https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sever...133000258.html where you gonna take other peoples money from 101 percent billionaire tax for your retarded school teachers?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

That's not the problem, diversity and inclusion via immigration is the problem. Who the fuck wants to live with the worst people from the third worldie Hatians.
    Let me see your green card Amigo.

People don't need a Green Card anymore you stupid Gringo. Just show up at the border and you get a free iPhone, $$$$, and a voter's registration card.

Comments

lol wow: basically and -fin
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Load Metric
    just make sure you know republicans are meenys and might hurt your feelings and please hop the border in arizona cuz thats literally 2023

Silver
    Load Metric

Hutmaster check in pal.
    California lawmakers are absolute idiots! Flipping burgers is now a $42,000 per year job. LOL. Virtually no one will actually make that, however, because the big chains will simply have mass layoffs as the Pizza Hut franchises just did and will increase automation. Want to order from McDonalds, you better use the app or the self-serve kiosk in the store. There won’t be an employee to help you. California is also making it mandatory that every employee receives 40 hours of sick pay per year. There are going to be a lot of part-timers making $20/hour who then qualify for food stamps, housing assistance, free medical, etc… and they will have ZERO incentive to make more or they will lose all those benefits.

The $20/hr wage also fucks independent owners like myself because I can’t afford to pay that wage so how do I find decent employees when they can go down the street and earn $4/hour more. At my current staffing levels, if I upped everyone’s pay to $20/hr I would take roughly a $5,000 per month hit. No way I can afford to do that. That money would have to be made up through a combination of higher prices and cutting of labor.

On the bright side though, California is truly looking out for its citizens…. You can’t buy menthol cigarettes anymore and after the 1st of the year Red Skittles will be outlawed. Lawmakers are really talking the big problems facing the state. LMAO

Comments

desertrunner: Nailed it.

Load Metric
    what are you laughing at retard you voted for gavin

Comments

desertrunner:

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post

Hutmaster check in pal.
    California lawmakers are absolute idiots! Flipping burgers is now a $42,000 per year job. LOL. Virtually no one will actually make that, however, because the big chains will simply have mass layoffs as the Pizza Hut franchises just did and will increase automation. Want to order from McDonalds, you better use the app or the self-serve kiosk in the store. There won’t be an employee to help you. California is also making it mandatory that every employee receives 40 hours of sick pay per year. There are going to be a lot of part-timers making $20/hour who then qualify for food stamps, housing assistance, free medical, etc… and they will have ZERO incentive to make more or they will lose all those benefits.

The $20/hr wage also fucks independent owners like myself because I can’t afford to pay that wage so how do I find decent employees when they can go down the street and earn $4/hour more. At my current staffing levels, if I upped everyone’s pay to $20/hr I would take roughly a $5,000 per month hit. No way I can afford to do that. That money would have to be made up through a combination of higher prices and cutting of labor.

On the bright side though, California is truly looking out for its citizens…. You can’t buy menthol cigarettes anymore and after the 1st of the year Red Skittles will be outlawed. Lawmakers are really talking the big problems facing the state. LMAO

BUT ORANGE MAN BAD !!!

Name:  3AFA9CB4-C33B-44E6-B8BB-FE83AFBAD340.jpeg
Views: 153
Size:  55.5 KB

Comments

desertrunner:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post

Hutmaster check in pal.

A lot of idiots support these endless minimum wage increases, not understanding that most fast food places are franchises or independent shops, and not owned by big corporations. Due to the cheapness of the food sold, the margins are small, and vastly increased labor costs can put these businesses in the red.

As you mentioned, this will simply result in mass layoffs.

Yet another stupid California law meant to "help" the poor, which will accomplish the opposite. And even if it did help, the state shouldn't be using small business owners to directly fund what is essentially a social program.

Load Metric
    Is Dominos Pizza going to be next?

Thread Information