Thread: Vladimir Nabokov

Load Metric

Vladimir Nabokov

I recently finished reading Laughter In The Dark, one of his earliest novels written in 1932, and I have to say that the quality of writing is world class. Better than 90% of the trash works of fiction being churned out today, I can't recommend this book enough. Nabokov is most well-known for Lolita; I remember reading like a third of that book years ago and being simply astonished at how good it was. Will be purchasing many more of his novels in the near future.

Load Metric
    Its not just book quality thats gone down the shitter Krypt. Look at the insane volume of movies and tv shows coming out of hollywood that by and large are nothing but rehash remakes of shit from 20-30yrs ago. Hell I cant wait for MASH to come back at this rate except they can make it about the war on terror instead of Korea. (oh crap what have I done now some idiot will run to a writer and demand a pilot script for this shit). They bitch and moan about AI taking their jobs and thus striking and yet at this point it seems nobody whos living breathing flesh as a writer can come up with something fucking original idea wise.

Thread Information