Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Former NWP weirdo who threatened me over Jami Lafay kicked the bucket in September... but who was he?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Former NWP weirdo who threatened me over Jami Lafay kicked the bucket in September... but who was he?

Back when I called out Jami Lafay for her shady Gofundme in February, a lot of freaks came out of the woodwork to insult/attack me. No matter what I said or what I tried to show them, they characterized me as a cruel misogynist who was picking on Jami because she was a vulnerable woman with cancer.

Some of the Jami defenders were simps trying to impress her. Others were extreme feminists who turned the whole thing into a matter of gender (which, of course, it wasn't). Others had a relative who had recently passed from cancer (or was currently suffering from it), and could only see the cancer part of the story, and not the shadiness surrounding the Gofundme campaign.

While I also had many on my side, as well as "silent majority" supporters who PM'd me but wouldn't say anything publicly, the whole thing became incredibly stressful to deal with. The ones attacking me were, for the most part, complete strangers and complete unknowns in poker.

But there was one exception. A guy on Twitter named @ThomasDavis722 was coming at me really hard and aggressively, and it appeared he had some kind of history with me. I didn't know who he was. I did not remember any Thomas Davis, nor had I ever interacted with the guy before. He also had almost no followers, and no picture of himself.

I then scrolled back through his past tweets, and found that, 4 months prior to the Jami controversy, in October 2022, he wrote a scathing response to my @Pokerfraudalert account, after I had posted a notice that the show was in the archives. His response was something along the lines of calling it right wing lies and propaganda, which already was strange, because I mostly keep politics off the show.

So the guy definitely had an issue with me, but what was it, how far did it go back, and why?

I tried ignoring him at first, but his tweets started getting increasingly ominous, including one where he remarked that he "lived near Todd", followed by more angry insults. Other tweets revealed almost encyclopedic knowledge of incidents on Neverwinpoker, Donkdown, and early PFA!

Often he would twist these stories into something different, and would frame them to make me look as bad as possible, but the bottom line was that clearly he had been around NWP since the beginning. BUT WHO WAS IT? And why did he hate me so much?

He also had somewhat of an obsession with Micon, though at this point the Micon obsession seemed to have turned to admiration. He would try to get Micon's attention in tweet replies, but Micon never acknowledged him.

He also tweeted to Brett Richey at one point, and acted as if they knew each other. I asked Brett privately if he knew a Thomas Davis, and he said he did not. Brett did not respond to him publicly.

I now have some answers to the above, but many more questions. I'm hoping some of you might be able to help unravel this mystery.

Continued next post...

Load Metric
    Name:  popcorn_jon_stewart.gif
Views: 379
Size:  468.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Against my better judgment, I decided to privately message Thomas Davis on Twitter. This was back in February/March of 2023.

I knew this could possibly worsen things and cause him to go further psycho, but since he was a former NWP/DD/PFA member, I figured I might be able to reason with him. I did not remember ever banning anyone with that name, so unless Thomas Davis was a fake name, I couldn't imagine why he was so angry at me, aside from our political differences.

Our PM conversation was very frustrating, as I expected it would be. Sometimes he'd be reasonable, other times he'd act like a psycho who saw me as the epitome of evil.

Oddly, he did give me two sincere compliments. He said that he believed I was very intelligent, and also very trustworthy with money. In fact, he remarked that if he needed someone to hold his life savings, I would be the one he'd choose to do it.

However, at the same time, he claimed I was a sadistic sociopath who enjoyed making others suffer, especially women. He was 100% certain I was "attacking" Jami because I found her to be a weak target -- a female with cancer. He was convinced that I was not calling out her Gofundme because I legitimately was concerned about it, but rather because it was an excuse to make a weak, suffering woman miserable.

I tried to counter with the proof that Jami had been lying. He didn't want to acknowledge it. I tried to explain that I had gone after a ton of men in poker I felt were shady -- way more than women I've criticized. He countered that these men were "betas", so therefore I saw them as equivalent to women (lol). I then cited various men I had called out who were anything but beta, including known criminals, and he ignored that.

When I tried to ask who he was on NWP/DD/PFA, he refused to tell me. He claimed he quit PFA a short time after it opened, then lurked there a few years, then hadn't looked at it since about 2015. He claimed he was presently in a medical facility, with his heart down to 8% function, and he would be dead within 6 months. I told him I didn't believe that, but he told me that it was true, and he didn't care if I believed it. He claimed to have made peace with it already.

He said he was 45 years old, and lived in the Inland Empire area of California, which in the Riverside/San Bernadino area. He claimed we had met before because we were "in the same social circle a long time ago" (presumably meaning NWP), but that we never hung out individually or talked much when he saw me in person. He also admitted that I had never done anything to him personally, nor did I do anything to any friends of his. However, he claimed to be enraged regarding watching how I treated people, including Micon. He said that I was pure evil and he had tons of examples of it, from watching me operate for almost 20 years.

Again, I reminded him of all the people I helped over the years, with no potential gain in it for myself. I explained again that calling out Jami was simply to protect the community from giving money to someone who appeared very shady.

Just when I was about to give up, a breakthrough seemed to have occurred. Thomas told me that he finally understood me better, and thanked me for "discussing this like a gentleman". He said that he still didn't agree with a lot of things I say and do, but he realized I wasn't that bad of a guy. I then told him I felt bad for him regarding his medical diagnosis, and apologized for doubting it at first. He said he understood why I didn't believe it, but that it was the truth.

He then made some small talk with me, and went on a long rant about Micon, Adam Schoenfeld, and Seals. He told me a bunch of information I didn't know before (but had no way to verify if it was true). He also claimed to know Micon's net worth, and his exact history with crypto -- first getting rich from it, then losing almost everything, then getting rich again.

I'm not sure if any of this stuff about Micon/Schoenfeld/Seals was true, and I was surprised he was telling it to me. I thought maybe this was just to fuck with me, but he did say a few things I knew to be true (but never made public), so he definitely wasn't feeding me 100% lies. I never repeated or posted any of this stuff, but it was interesting to read.

We ended our DM conversation, and that seemed to be that.

But it wasn't.

Continued next post...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thomas went quiet for a few weeks, but he got particularly enraged when I started making public reference to Jami's past legal troubles.

For some reason, he thought this was completely out of line, and it enraged him all over again. His warmer feelings for me went out the window, and now he became once again convinced that I was an evil sociopath who took delight in torturing female cancer patients.

This time, however, he took it a step further.

He wrote me, "I'm done with your personal shit show here, you are an irrational and instable person in my humble opinion and not worth my time to try and make you understand empathy and mental health. Just remember what I said about appropriate responses and your attacking of Jami really should stop sooner rather than later."

When I asked if that was a threat, he responded, "All will be revealed", and would not answer further.

While this was not a direct threat, I didn't like the "just remember what I said" and "your attacking of Jami really should stop sooner rather than later", as if he was going to stop it if I didn't stop "sooner".

I decided to look into who he actually was.

Did I figure it out? Sort of.

Read on...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    When trying to deduce an anonymous online person's identity, the best you can do is to look at all of their activity, especially before they were in any controversy. Sometimes people will accidentally reveal small details when their guard is down, which can allow you to piece together a picture to deduce who they are.

Scrolling back through his Twitter activity, I saw that he entered Shaun Deeb's attempt at buying thousands of lotto tickets to win Powerball. He sent $500, and tweeted to Shaun's wife that he sent the money on Zelle as "Thomas K".

Well, that was a hint. The real first name seemed to be Thomas, but the last name Davis seemed to be fake, and instead began with K.

I got a more detailed clue when I saw that he rolled over his equity (Deeb's pool of tickets won some smaller prizes) to Deeb's second attempt to buy tickets. He reminded Shaun's wife that he was "Thomas K" on her list of payments! He responded to a screen shot she had posted of that list, so now all I had to do was find Thomas K on the list for $500, and I'd have his real name!

But not so fast. I found the name "Thomas Kasparovish", but no such person existed. According to my public records database, not a single Thomas Kasparovish existed in the United States, and even alternate spellings of that name (such as Thomas Kasparovich) also revealed nothing.

The age he gave of 45 made sense, though. I found another old tweet where he discussed playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out in elementary school, and yet another old tweet where he discussed playing a 1995 game "in high school".

There was no Thomas Kasparovish or Kasparovich in Hendon Mob results, either.

I figured he must have sent the funds to Ashley Deeb under a phony name -- or one morphed from his real one. Or perhaps Ashley misspelled it so badly that I wasn't able to figure out the correct one. Either way, I couldn't ask her, as Shaun is no buddy of mine.

His supposedly grave diagnosis -- a heart with 8% function -- was questionable. Among other things, he offered in February 2023 to fly out anywhere to play Mike Tyson's Punch Out for money, and also tweeted angrily at an extreme weight loss clinic for refusing to take him on as a client. If he was literally on his deathbed, why was he offering to fly out-of-state to play video games for money, or trying to enter extreme weight loss programs?

I figured at the time that he was probably having health issues, but was probably exaggerating the extent of it.

As you can see from the thread title, the guy is dead, so obviously the heart issues must have been real. But who was he?

I'll get to that shortly. Read on...

Load Metric
    I’m racking my brain, but nothing is instantly connecting with the age and where he’s from. I wouldn’t have taken that as a threat personally, particularly from a guy saying he has one foot in the grave. Calling someone pure evil is kind of emotional for a dude. Almost feels like a chick.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I tried to recall people I had met at the summer NWP WSOP parties -- ones I didn't really know, but had been there and maybe talked to me a little bit here and there.

Given that we're talking about parties from 14-17 years ago, it's hard to remember strangers I barely talked to.

I went back to the Thomas Davis thing. What if Kasparovish was some fake name he liked to use, but Davis really was his last name?

I found something which seemed to be paydirt. There was a guy I found, age 45 from the inland empire -- in fact the exact city Thomas claimed to be from. His real name was Brian, but he sometimes used the alias Thomas Davis. He had Hendon Mob results. I looked him up further, and found he was a 5'9"-ish black guy. This started to make sense. I had remembered a quiet black guy around 5'9" at these NWP WSOP parties who seemed to be there sometimes, but I never found out who he was on the site or who specifically invited him. I had remembered him being nice, and always acted friendly when he'd see me. We had a few brief conversations, but other than that didn't interact that much. He kinda just hung in the background at these parties.

I didn't remember his name, though he told me at the time. However, "Brian" seemed like it might be what I remembered.

If this was him, I wondered what made Brian hate me so much. The guy I remembered was always nice, friendly, and softspoken when I saw him.

However, taking a closer look at Brian revealed a few problems. For one, all of his Hendonmob results began in 2013. The one I had met was in poker in the 2000s. Did he really have zero cashes of any kind until 2013? Second, there was no evidence he had any kind of health problems. His publicly accessible Facebook pictures showed him looking active and healthy. Also, his writing style on Facebook didn't really match that of the Thomas Davis I had been talking to.

So in some ways he fit perfectly -- same city, same age, same name (at least alias name), and actually had poker results! However, part of me had a nagging doubt about the whole thing. It started to feel like Brian was a coincidental find.

So was it?

Read on...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    After hitting what seemed to be a dead end with this Brian guy, I gave up.

However, when I ran into that Twitter controversy involving that girl Lindsey, Thomas actively started trolling me on Twitter again, and trying to encourage people to keep hassling me. He offered them to DM him for "info" on me. He even responded to my "Is this a threat?" question from two months prior, DMing me, "No need for threats when one can watch you simply implode and reveal everything yourself. *chefs kiss*"

I blocked him at that point.

But about a week after that, I decided to take another crack at that Kasparovish thing.

I decided I hadn't yet tried enough alternate spellings of the name. After all, if his name was anything like "Kasparovish", it would be easy to mangle, especially when you're entering a ton of names into an Excel spreadsheet, as Ashely Deeb was doing at the time.

Then I had my a-ha moment.

I found a Thomas Michael Kasprovich, age 45, from California. So "Kasparo" was really "Kaspro", and "vish" was really "vich".

It was even more promising when I found this 1999 article where a Thomas Kasprovich talked about being a college sportsbettor, and again the age matched. That made it more likely he was into poker during the boom.

But the real shocker was the article I found from a Wisconsin newspaper, from back in 2010:

MOUNT PLEASANT — A local man has been charged for allegedly spying on ATM users with binoculars, then using their personal identification numbers to pull money from their accounts.

Thomas Michael Kasprovich, 33, 1154 Prairie Drive No. 245, is charged with 27 counts of felony personal identity theft for allegedly trying to take money out of six bank accounts. He was unsuccessful much of the time but did reportedly manage to take $1,800 out of three of the accounts.

Police went to Johnson Bank on Sept. 1 after employees called saying a man had been parked in a lot near the ATM and was using binoculars or a scope to watch customers as they used the ATM. Employees said Kasprovich had been there for days, and they were concerned about his “unusual behavior.” When officers confronted Kasprovich on Sept. 1 they found a high-powered binocular-type scope inside his van.

Employees said he would watch as people completed their transactions, then immediately drive up behind them and attempt his own transaction. The people police spoke to said they did not completely close out their session at the ATM before Kasprovich made his alleged attempts to get money from their accounts.

All the thefts and attempted thefts took place in the last 10 days of August, at either Quik Trip, 943 S. East Frontage Road, or Johnson Bank, 6700 Washington Ave.

On Aug. 21, Kasprovich allegedly took $800 from a woman’s account after she took $100 out of her account at Quik Trip. That day he also allegedly tried five times to withdraw $500 from a man’s account at Johnson Bank. The next day Kasprovich allegedly tried six times to get $300 out of another Johnson Bank customer’s account.

On Aug. 27, Kasprovich allegedly took $400 from a man’s account after he used the Johnson Bank ATM. The next day he allegedly tried six times to get money from another bank customer’s account.

Kasprovich allegedly returned to Quik Trip on Aug. 31 and took $400 from the account of a woman whose boyfriend used her ATM card. The two $200 transactions came minutes after the woman’s boyfriend left the machine. Store video showed Kasprovich walking up to the ATM after the man was finished, and then leaving in a green conversion van.
    http://www.journaltimes.com/news/loc...cc4c002e0.html

Yes, folks, the guy calling me the epitome of evil had been arrested for sitting in a van with high-powered binoculars, waiting to pick off people's ATM PIN numbers, and then stealing from them. Classy guy.

No wonder he was so sensitive about my "picking on" Jami! He was a scammer himself, who clearly identified with her! In fact, recall that his real rage came from my discussion of Jami's past legal issues. Now you see why that struck a nerve.

If you want to see a shorter article without the paywall, you can find it here (I posted the text of the longer one above).

You have to be a real piece of shit to sit there stealing random people's ATM numbers and then running up to the machine to withdraw cash from their accounts. This asshole sat there lecturing me about what an awful person I was, too. Amazing.

100% he was the same guy. Even had one shitty Hendon Mob cash.

But where did the name Davis come in? I'll tell you in the next post...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    When trying to deduce an anonymous online person's identity, the best you can do is to look at all of their activity, especially before they were in any controversy. Sometimes people will accidentally reveal small details when their guard is down, which can allow you to piece together a picture to deduce who they are.

Scrolling back through his Twitter activity, I saw that he entered Shaun Deeb's attempt at buying thousands of lotto tickets to win Powerball. He sent $500, and tweeted to Shaun's wife that he sent the money on Zelle as "Thomas K".

Well, that was a hint. The real first name seemed to be Thomas, but the last name Davis seemed to be fake, and instead began with K.

I got a more detailed clue when I saw that he rolled over his equity (Deeb's pool of tickets won some smaller prizes) to Deeb's second attempt to buy tickets. He reminded Shaun's wife that he was "Thomas K" on her list of payments! He responded to a screen shot she had posted of that list, so now all I had to do was find Thomas K on the list for $500, and I'd have his real name!

But not so fast. I found the name "Thomas Kasparovish", but no such person existed. According to my public records database, not a single Thomas Kasparovish existed in the United States, and even alternate spellings of that name (such as Thomas Kasparovich) also revealed nothing.

The age he gave of 45 made sense, though. I found another old tweet where he discussed playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out in elementary school, and yet another old tweet where he discussed playing a 1995 game "in high school".

There was no Thomas Kasparovish or Kasparovich in Hendon Mob results, either.

I figured he must have sent the funds to Ashley Deeb under a phony name -- or one morphed from his real one. Or perhaps Ashley misspelled it so badly that I wasn't able to figure out the correct one. Either way, I couldn't ask her, as Shaun is no buddy of mine.

His supposedly grave diagnosis -- a heart with 8% function -- was questionable. Among other things, he offered in February 2023 to fly out anywhere to play Mike Tyson's Punch Out for money, and also tweeted angrily at an extreme weight loss clinic for refusing to take him on as a client. If he was literally on his deathbed, why was he offering to fly out-of-state to play video games for money, or trying to enter extreme weight loss programs?

I figured at the time that he was probably having health issues, but was probably exaggerating the extent of it.

As you can see from the thread title, the guy is dead, so obviously the heart issues must have been real. But who was he?

I'll get to that shortly. Read on...
    A fat retard, like pretty much all of PFA ... lols

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I wanted to shout from the Twitter mountaintops about his ATM thefts.

This wasn't a youthful indiscretion. Dude did this at age 33.

Amazing how such a sanctimonious asshole turned out to be an unrepentant thief, with a highly premeditated plan to take cash from randoms.

But then I realized something. On Twitter, you simply don't punch down. You don't want to give attention to low-follower troll accounts which are being ignored by most people.

I decided I would instead wait for his next snide or trollish remark to me, and then respond with something like, "Hey, I've been thinking of going bird watching, and I need some good high powered binoculars. I heard you're the man to ask. Any suggestions?"

Would this freak him out, or would he not care?

Well, it seemed like he'd probably care, because he went through great lengths to avoid the stigma of that ATM bust.

Remember the name Davis? Turned out it was real. But how, if his last name was Kasprovich?

On September 14, 2020, as he lived in Vegas, he petitioned Clark County court to change his name from Thomas Kasprovich to Thomas Davis. It's case #D-20-613948-N, if you want to look it up. The petition was granted, so for the past 3 years his name was Thomas Davis. Why Davis? It's his mother's maiden name. Presumably he changed the name in order to get away from people googling his otherwise unusual name, and finding that he was stealing from ATM customers in 2010. Probably was interfering with employment opportunities, or something.

I figured that the last thing he'd want was for me to publicize all over the internet that Thomas Davis was really convicted ATM criminal Thomas Kasprovich. So I kept that in my pocket for the next time he tweeted at me.

But it didn't happen -- at least not one I saw in time.

His last tweet about me was in June, after Luke "Slaydog" Vrabel and I debated with Matt Berkey on Spaces about RTA tools. He tweeted to Berkey something nasty about both of us, but I didn't see it at the time.

From that point, he just tweeted random stuff to various poker people for the next month or so.

Then... silence.

Here were his last two tweets, both on July 26. The first was a bad attempt at simping for Lynne Ji's friend:

https://twitter.com/ThomasDavis722/status/1684252340365430785

The final one was to Melissa Burr, about Swedish Fish energy drinks (sounds gross, btw):

https://twitter.com/ThomasDavis722/status/1684366693043408897

And that was that. By the time I looked at his account again, probably in late August, it had been months since that tweet to Berkey about me, and about a full month since he last tweeted at all.

I thought back to his claimed health problems. Was it possible he croaked? I briefly searched, but found nothing.

Then today I found this: https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...ry?id=53600103

There's the obituary. He's gone. Strangely, the obituary and the memorial service were in late November, even though he died on September 20. My guess is that he was estranged from his family, and they probably weren't notified of his death until 2 months later, by the Riverside County public administrator's office. (These offices are notoriously slow and sometimes corrupt.)

Unfortunately, I'll never get to use my sick "high powered binoculars" line on him, and watch him squirm.

On the plus side, he's not going to track me down and kill me because I'm pure evil.

You can even see a very old picture of him, if you click on the obituary.

But who was he on NWP? I have one possible clue from my memory, but I need your help...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    During one of my many wars with Marty, he posted my phone number on his site. I've since changed the number. I'm not posting this to dredge up old wounds, but rather to tell you a possibly relevant story.

While I was in a WSOP event, circa 2010, some guy kept calling me over and over and over and over from a private number.

When I'd answer, he'd just sit there. Dude must have called hundreds of times, over a period of about a week or so, and it was driving me crazy.

He typically would wait until he saw I was playing a WSOP event to hammer me with calls, but he also tried to hit me with calls other times, such as when he thought I was sleeping and it might wake me up. Whoever did this was very dedicated to harassing me, and I really wondered who it was.

Finally I took matters into my own hands and utilized a tactic to see through the "private" number (yes, this can be done), and I got the guy's number.

I then accessed my public records database and got the guy's name. I didn't recognize it, and I don't remember it now. I then looked up his email address, and cross-checked it against the Donkdown database. The e-mail address matched! But I was shocked who it was.

It turned out to be a user who only posted occasionally, but usually to post favorably about me! What?! Seriously... this guy's posts spanned back a year or so, and most of them were positive ones about me, or sometimes even defending me when trolls would start up. Why would someone who apparently liked me start harassing me like this? No clue.

Anyway, I also searched out his Facebook, and found him. He was a very fat guy, and younger than me (I don't remember how much younger though). Ironically, one of his posts was making fun of another guy for being fat.

I called up this dude and confronted him. He sounded very nervous, and blamed it on his "roommate". He wouldn't tell me the roommate's name, but promised that he would "get the guy to stop". Uh huh. I told him he was full of shit, but he wouldn't admit it. I then went and posted his info on DD. He ran off and never came back, nor did he call me again. Still can't explain it, as I never once had a cross word with the guy, and in fact he seemed to be one of my supporters!

Anyway, I don't remember much about him, except he was from one of the northern states (Thomas Kasprovich was in Wisconsin at the time). Could it possibly be the same guy? Does anyone recall who I'm talking about?

And if it's not the same person, does anyone here remember a Thomas or Thomas Kasprovich on NWP/DD? I sure don't. But boy, this guy remembered everything -- from both forum and radio. He had down all the lingo, remembered all the little feuds and notable threads... even some really obscure stuff.

Anyway, this is just a small sample of the type of bullshit I have to deal with behind the scenes from running this place. I never did anything to this Thomas Kasprovich guy. He even admitted I didn't do anything to him or anyone he was close to. But boy did I incur his wrath somehow.

Let's just say I'm not crying upon finding that obituary.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

But who was he on NWP? I have one possible clue from my memory, but I need your help...
    Someone had Racine on his location. I recall it because I still worked for GM on NWP and we had a plant there. That’s where his obituary says he’s from.

Someone used to participate in college football threads on donkdown, can’t recall screen name, but had the Wisconsin Badger mascot as his picture.

Probably not the dude, but I recall both clearly.

Load Metric
    Do you believe you actually met him? I see he was in Wisconsin still in 2010. His hendon mob cash was 2014. Those parties you mentioned seemed to be pre-2010.

Like I said, I can say with 100% certainty someone had Racine listed as their location. Doesn’t mean it was him. That’s a city of almost 80k.

I can also remember someone with the Badger mascot head who was fairly active back then. I can’t recall if he was the one with location Racine.

I do recall his personality and he’d kind of flip back and forth between cordial and smartass. Like he talked college football with me being a Buckeye fan. I also tend to think he may have agreed with me back when you and I would argue over Iraq or Bush. I tend to think he agreed with me on those subjects and would go at you a bit. I’m not positive, it is as a busier site, but I seem to recall that.

Between disagreeing with you politically, and being a college sports bettor, are you able to search donkdown or NWP through something like that way back machine? I don’t know anything like that. I’m pretty sure if you could bring up a college football thread or back and forth over Bush, the poster I’m recalling would be in there. Doesn’t mean it’s this dude. It’s been so many years it all blurs together .

Either way, being that close to death, he may have been depressive and felt like you were picking on a girl who he perceived as more ill than she was. Weird to be that close to death and concerning oneself with Twitter nonsense, but he very likely was a serious degen with gambling issues to be scooping ATM pins at 33. RIP I guess, seemed to likely have a shit life

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I remember a guy with a badger with a swinging animated penis, but I don't know if that's the same person you're referring to.

It's possible I never met him, and he was simply lying about it. It's also possible I did meet him briefly at WSOP, and he's making up having attended the parties. He didn't even specifically say he went to the parties, but rather that we "were in the same social circles", which I thought implied that we met at one of those parties. But maybe not. I can't imagine what other "social circle" he meant, as other than the parties, I didn't hang out socially with groups featuring strangers very often in Vegas.

The guy's knowledge of NWP/DD was creepily detailed, and it was disturbing the way he took real stories and twisted them in his head to where I was always the villain. He explained away the fully positive stories (such as ones where I clearly helped someone and got them their money back) as my simply doing it for attention and clout. He argued that everything I've done over the past two decades has been with an evil and sadistic motive.

He seemed to really believe this, and I could tell was getting increasingly agitated and angry when chatting with me -- presumably because I wouldn't admit to these allegations. The guy really came off as a psycho.

He did come off as lonely, too. That tweet offering to "help" Lynne's female friend was a good example. Claimed he was offering to help her make money because he was a "generous guy". Uh huh.

Most of his tweets to poker people went unanswered. Most of his derogatory tweets about me were ignored, even during the period when I was otherwise facing a lot of hate. His attempts to get Micon and Brett Richey to reminisce about "the good old days" were also completely ignored.

The fact that his family took 2 months to discover his death speaks volumes. That almost always means "estranged". If you're having major health problems, and even semi-close to your family, how is nobody checking in on you every few days, at least via text?

He seemed to love Shaun Deeb, and also admired Micon. I'm guessing him seeing my fallout with Micon and sometimes-battles with Deeb made him upset, and then my right wing politics really completed the picture of evil in his head.

It's clear that the Jami thing probably enraged him because it hit close to home. He was in bad health and had a shady past. Jami claimed to be in bad health and also had a shady past. He changed his name to presumably get away from that. So in Jami, he probably saw himself, and thus an attack on her was like an attack on him. My references to her 2000s legal issues was what got him the most enraged. The reason for that is pretty obvious to me.

It's possible he was just a lonely, very overweight lurker who took in everything he could of NWP/DD. The fact that he seemingly abandoned PFA early is interesting -- possibly due to Micon not being part of it. I believed his claim that he quit it early, and only lurked occasionally until 2015, at which point he quit entirely. He didn't seem to have very much post-2015 knowledge of me or the site.

The biggest mystery to me is how he knew so much about Micon/Schoenfeld/Seals. Perhaps a lot of it was fabricated, but as I said, he told me some things about them which I knew to be true, but had never seen discussed publicly before. Really made me think he had some kind of connection to all of that at one point, but presumably not enough to where Micon would acknowledge his tweets. If Micon and I were on speaking terms, my prediction is that he'd have no clue who this guy was, just as I don't.

I found some email addresses for him, but none matched on PFA. It's possible he used a burner email to sign up here.

I didn't post anything about the guy while he was alive, because he seemed like a lunatic, and I just wanted him to go away and forget about me. I guess in a way, that's what happened.

Load Metric
    I remember a thread on DD where someone was making fun of China's weight. Somehow someone got a hold of his FB page and the poster was a super fat guy himself. I remember you were involved in the thread and it also ended up on radio where you brought it up. Can't remember the guy's handle, but I do remember the thread. This might have contributed to your harassment, the fact you brought it up on radio and brought attention to it. I don't think the poster re-posted after that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    I remember a thread on DD where someone was making fun of China's weight. Somehow someone got a hold of his FB page and the poster was a super fat guy himself. I remember you were involved in the thread and it also ended up on radio where you brought it up. Can't remember the guy's handle, but I do remember the thread. This might have contributed to your harassment, the fact you brought it up on radio and brought attention to it. I don't think the poster re-posted after that.
    I think that's the same guy who pranked me. I think the phone harassment of me occurred after the China thing, but the guy had otherwise been positive about me prior to that, and his identity (and weight) hadn't been outed yet.

But yeah, if they were both the same guy, and if he was also the same guy as this Thomas character, you're probably right.

Load Metric
    Wild story, I’m trying to figure out who this is.

“ the love of his life Jin Tan”

I wonder if they even knew this, or were just some acquaintance?

Load Metric
    you take a lot of abuse Druff. I'm glad you put up with it for the sake of this site.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I’m racking my brain, but nothing is instantly connecting with the age and where he’s from. I wouldn’t have taken that as a threat personally, particularly from a guy saying he has one foot in the grave. Calling someone pure evil is kind of emotional for a dude. Almost feels like a chick.
    Dude has a feminine vibe. I don’t remember a badger mascot, just a turtle mascot and that guys name was jmmmmmmmmm.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Do remember the swinging pp badger hopefully his name will come to me sometime today.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information