Thread: Bad Concerts? :/

Silver
    Load Metric

Bad Concerts? :/

I am listening to Bruce Springsteen's cover of Santa Claus Is Coming To Town and I think of disgruntled BS Fans who said they went to a HORRIBLE BS Concert. They said something like,"The EXPENSIVE BS Concert ticket was the first red flag and we should have heeded the red flag. The BS Concert ticket was around $300 before fees. We went to the BS Concert and he was an hour late and just sang his songs in a monotone, bored, lackluster way and didn't even thank the Fans for showing their Support, just left after the show. We were flabbergasted, floored, shocked, and stunned. That's the last BS show I'll ever be to!'" It seems to me that BS was being well pure BS in that awful Concert. I wonder if anyone asked for refunds and got them....
    People paid thousands of dollars for the Fyre Festival only to end up living like Refugees! I feel sorry for them! How could anyone NOT feel sorry for them?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Just because Bruce did not individually thank tens of thousands of attendees does not make it a Bull Shit concert.

I think it is Bull Shit that people are talking about The Boss this way.

Ungrateful Bull Shitters.

Load Metric
    It's BS Karen is allowed to start threads.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Just because Bruce did not individually thank tens of thousands of attendees does not make it a Bull Shit concert.

I think it is Bull Shit that people are talking about The Boss this way.

Ungrateful Bull Shitters.
    Bruce doesn't have to INDIVIDUALLY thank everyone who came to see him perform. But a simple,"Thank you all for supporting me and the band," would be sufficient. He didn't even do that! :/
    People paid thousands of dollars for the Fyre Festival only to end up living like Refugees! I feel sorry for them! How could anyone NOT feel sorry for them?

Load Metric
    Saw a cover band of Kiss years ago. Pretty awful. The guy playing Gene Simmons kept having a malfunctioning electric guitar and ran off the stage twice trying to fix it. Towards the end he just ran around clapping on stage like a spastic because it was obvious the guitar was not going to work. Tickets were $20 so what, you just left. The venue was next door to a Holiday Inn where we were staying the cover band was staying there as well. Everyone was getting plowed at the hotel bar, wish I had a story but it was too crowded just called it a night and went to our room.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Saw a cover band of Kiss years ago. Pretty awful. The guy playing Gene Simmons kept having a malfunctioning electric guitar and ran off the stage twice trying to fix it. Towards the end he just ran around clapping on stage like a spastic because it was obvious the guitar was not going to work. Tickets were $20 so what, you just left. The venue was next door to a Holiday Inn where we were staying the cover band was staying there as well. Everyone was getting plowed at the hotel bar, wish I had a story but it was too crowded just called it a night and went to our room.
    Aw man, that sounds AWFUL. :/ At least it wasn't the REAL KISS and tickets were $300! That would have catastrophic! :O

Load Metric
    My ex GF used to get free concert tickets all the time based on her work. The oddest 'concert' I ever went to was Cyndi Lauper. Tickets were free for us, and it was a small venue, maybe 500 people. This was 20 years past her prime. What made it odd were two things. 1) 1 she did more talking than singing. In 90 minutes she sang maybe 7 songs, she spent half the time talking to the audience about life experiences, it was fucking strange. Second it literally 100 degrees outside, yes it was an indoor arena, but outside her face she was covered head to toe. Did not know it until years later she became a spokesperson for that Psoriasis drug she probably had a breakout, she even had a scarf around her neck. I was like WTF at the time, makes sense now when I saw the commercials with her in it.

Saw Lynyrd Skynard at an outdoor arena about 15 years ago. It was raining but the band put on a great show. Freebird was great. They simply had an empty standing mic where the lead singer would have sang, of course he died in a plane crash years earlier. Cool scene with the rain coming down and the band jamming the tune with the empty mic. Crowd went nuts everyone was hammered.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    My ex GF used to get free concert tickets all the time based on her work. The oddest 'concert' I ever went to was Cyndi Lauper. Tickets were free for us, and it was a small venue, maybe 500 people. This was 20 years past her prime. What made it odd were two things. 1) 1 she did more talking than singing. In 90 minutes she sang maybe 7 songs, she spent half the time talking to the audience about life experiences, it was fucking strange. Second it literally 100 degrees outside, yes it was an indoor arena, but outside her face she was covered head to toe. Did not know it until years later she became a spokesperson for that Psoriasis drug she probably had a breakout, she even had a scarf around her neck. I was like WTF at the time, makes sense now when I saw the commercials with her in it.

Saw Lynyrd Skynard at an outdoor arena about 15 years ago. It was raining but the band put on a great show. Freebird was great. They simply had an empty standing mic where the lead singer would have sang, of course he died in a plane crash years earlier. Cool scene with the rain coming down and the band jamming the tune with the empty mic. Crowd went nuts everyone was hammered.

The Cyndi concert sounds like it was awful, but at least you didn't have to pay for that concert ticket. I wonder how much the Cyndi concert price was. It couldn't be very expensive if she was a has been at that point and the venue was only 500 people. James L Knight Center only has about 4,500 seats and Cyndi 's concert was only about 10 percent of the James L Knight Center seating capacity. Cyndi definitely should have been doing more singing than talking. Talking to the audience is supposed to be done between songs, not dominate 90 percent of the concert.

Thread Information