Thread: Almost got run over by a high speed police chase during a half marathon race

Load Metric

Almost got run over by a high speed police chase during a half marathon race

So yesterday, I was running in a half marathon in Islamorada, Florida (Florida Keys for you out of state Gringos). I was on mile 12, and delirious from running and edibles, when suddenly I heard this weird, loud screeching noise from behind rapidly approaching me from behind. I looked back and saw this SUV coming towards me at a high rate of speed (we were running the race in the bike lane of Overseas Highway). I jumped out of the bike lane onto the grass and saw this SUV driving at a high rate of speed (approx 80-90 miles an hour) on rims (as the tires had blown out). Scared the shit out of me!

Here's the link to the full story:https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...cops-fhp-says/

Highlights from story:
    A high-speed chase in the Florida Keys Sunday morning narrowly avoided becoming a tragedy as the woman barreling up U.S. 1 in an SUV passed hundreds of runners competing in a half marathon on the side of the two-lane highway, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

As 41-year-old Courtney West Epps sped past the runners in her Chevrolet Suburban SUV, bits of tires flew off the wheels’ rims because Monroe County sheriff’s deputies laid down spikes about 10 miles south. She drove through the spikes, refusing to stop for FHP troopers, who’d been chasing her for more than 30 miles, according to her arrest report.
    The chase began around 8 a.m. at mile marker 36 on Big Pine Key when an FHP trooper saw the Suburban heading north in the southbound lane of U.S. 1 at 110 mph, according to the arrest report.

With troopers behind her, Epps, who lives in Taylors, South Carolina, continued to speed up U.S. 1, often against traffic. She drove over the Seven Mile Bridge connecting Little Duck Key to the middle Keys city of Marathon at speeds between 90 and 120 mph, according to the report. The speed limit on the bridge is 55 mph.
    Sheriff’s office deputies tried popping her tires with a strip of spikes at mile marker 60, but it didn’t work, the report said.

Deputies farther up the road laid down another set of spikes at mile marker 71, at the north end of the Channel 5 Bridge, popping three of the Suburban’s tires.

She managed to go another nine miles on one good tire and three rims before she crashed into the construction site.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Load Metric
    This is why fitness is bad for you.

Load Metric
    Looked like great conditions.

Fond memories fucking around in Duck Key on spring breaks in high school.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    So yesterday, I was running in a half marathon in Islamorada, Florida (Florida Keys for you out of state Gringos). I was on mile 12, and delirious from running and edibles, when suddenly I heard this weird, loud screeching noise from behind rapidly approaching me from behind. I looked back and saw this SUV coming towards me at a high rate of speed (we were running the race in the bike lane of Overseas Highway). I jumped out of the bike lane onto the grass and saw this SUV driving at a high rate of speed (approx 80-90 miles an hour) on rims (as the tires had blown out). Scared the shit out of me!

Here's the link to the full story:https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...cops-fhp-says/

Highlights from story:
    A high-speed chase in the Florida Keys Sunday morning narrowly avoided becoming a tragedy as the woman barreling up U.S. 1 in an SUV passed hundreds of runners competing in a half marathon on the side of the two-lane highway, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

As 41-year-old Courtney West Epps sped past the runners in her Chevrolet Suburban SUV, bits of tires flew off the wheels’ rims because Monroe County sheriff’s deputies laid down spikes about 10 miles south. She drove through the spikes, refusing to stop for FHP troopers, who’d been chasing her for more than 30 miles, according to her arrest report.
    The chase began around 8 a.m. at mile marker 36 on Big Pine Key when an FHP trooper saw the Suburban heading north in the southbound lane of U.S. 1 at 110 mph, according to the arrest report.

With troopers behind her, Epps, who lives in Taylors, South Carolina, continued to speed up U.S. 1, often against traffic. She drove over the Seven Mile Bridge connecting Little Duck Key to the middle Keys city of Marathon at speeds between 90 and 120 mph, according to the report. The speed limit on the bridge is 55 mph.
    Sheriff’s office deputies tried popping her tires with a strip of spikes at mile marker 60, but it didn’t work, the report said.

Deputies farther up the road laid down another set of spikes at mile marker 71, at the north end of the Channel 5 Bridge, popping three of the Suburban’s tires.

She managed to go another nine miles on one good tire and three rims before she crashed into the construction site.
    Hopefully this makes the triple play on On Patrol Live this weekend.

Thread Information