Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Brain Exploded Recently

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    marty lord knows you and i have had our share of conflict but as someone who has turned some corners i want to lay some opinions on you for you to do with as you wish.

* you are addicted to conflict. you like the fight/flight vibe.
    * your passion for right wing/conservative politics is heavily connected to the high you get from confrontational behavior.
    * you spend time on twitter and on this absolute cesspool looking for 2 things; fights and echo chamber reinforcement.

you get it here because its a watering hole for some of the least emotionally intelligent people on the internet.

you get it on twitter because the algorithm there makes absolutely sure you are exposed to two very deliberate extremes; people who agree with you and people who dont.

in short, a sickness is being cultivated in you and twitter uses it for monetization, druff uses it for legitimization, and you use it for serotonin/dopamine/endorphines.

the most predictable trajectory for you is to lever up on that sickness by using substances to exaggerate your emotional investments / extremes, which makes all the conflict that much more rewarding.

but its all nonsense. youre just reprogramming your brain to get off on the most extreme mental illness it can handle. and when the rush wears off you go shopping for more extreme experiences.

im not saying you should sober up to deal with this.

im saying when you deal with this and turn your corner, youll not want to be high or drunk.
    This is some real shit, not just applicable to Tyde.

I watched Videodrome for the first time on Friday and had similar thinking all weekend to Tyde (minus booze/meth).

Easy to just say fuck it most of the time, harder to now with a three year old.

Chalk it up to a blip and step away for a few days Marty. You seemed to be in a really good place when you first returned, here's hoping for more of that.
    I am speaking for the forum, but we are sick of hearing about your family life or your snot nosed kids bringing home Covid while you complain about your ailments. Nobody gives a shit. Plenty of Oprah forums out there, give it a rest for a while.

Comments

splitthis: Lol

OK2: Body shot

Load Metric
    marty lord knows you and i have had our share of conflict but as someone who has turned some corners i want to lay some opinions on you for you to do with as you wish.

* you are addicted to conflict. you like the fight/flight vibe.
    * your passion for right wing/conservative politics is heavily connected to the high you get from confrontational behavior.
    * you spend time on twitter and on this absolute cesspool looking for 2 things; fights and echo chamber reinforcement.

you get it here because its a watering hole for some of the least emotionally intelligent people on the internet.

you get it on twitter because the algorithm there makes absolutely sure you are exposed to two very deliberate extremes; people who agree with you and people who dont.

in short, a sickness is being cultivated in you and twitter uses it for monetization, druff uses it for legitimization, and you use it for serotonin/dopamine/endorphines.

the most predictable trajectory for you is to lever up on that sickness by using substances to exaggerate your emotional investments / extremes, which makes all the conflict that much more rewarding.

but its all nonsense. youre just reprogramming your brain to get off on the most extreme mental illness it can handle. and when the rush wears off you go shopping for more extreme experiences.

im not saying you should sober up to deal with this.

im saying when you deal with this and turn your corner, youll not want to be high or drunk.
    Whatta post. The brain on this guy

I try to be protective of my own mental hygiene with regard to social media and the internet. This is not news. My hatred of sosh has been consistent from the days of the Twitter and Facebook ipos. Damn, I remember hate posting with Chaps back in the day about sosh during twitters birth.

I rapidly dialed out of 2plus2 for the same reason. Just a cesspool of low signal to noise.

The absurdity and evil of the recent world conflicts have soiled my mental biome of late - I have reached my truth and am done. I too need to get back on the wagon.

I’m here cause my social media involvement is that small. This fills a void in a way. Works for me.

One of my gifts to my children was imparting a disdain for gaming and soccer. The other seems to be a disdain for social media. Even my dev kid is blissfully living in a vacuum. She scarcely knows who the president is and has little care. My casual remarks about world affairs turn her off. Embarrassing boomer moments.

Sonatine offers great observation. Be a hermit for a bit Tyde, best wishes.

Load Metric
    It is curious irony that social media has had great effect of both Druff’s and Tyde’s happiness

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

This is some real shit, not just applicable to Tyde.

I watched Videodrome for the first time on Friday and had similar thinking all weekend to Tyde (minus booze/meth).

Easy to just say fuck it most of the time, harder to now with a three year old.

Chalk it up to a blip and step away for a few days Marty. You seemed to be in a really good place when you first returned, here's hoping for more of that.
    I am speaking for the forum, but we are sick of hearing about your family life or your snot nosed kids bringing home Covid while you complain about your ailments. Nobody gives a shit. Plenty of Oprah forums out there, give it a rest for a while.
    Sorry, must be triggering.

I'm sure your kid(s) are getting their needs met by other adults and your alcoholism isn't traumatizing them at all.

Good thread on TDS though.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Be a hermit for a bit Tyde, best wishes.
    Being a hermit is the issue. Isolation causes addictions to spiral out of control. Look at Matt Perry, he said he was in his bliss popping 10 oxys and watching a movie on his couch by himself. Speaking from myself, I drink heavily when my family is out of town. As soon as the car leaves the drive way I am making Bloody Marys. Most weekends I am occupied and don't think about alcohol. But alone and in a quiet house, yeah the demons rear their head.

I believe Tyde needs a job surrounded by people. Like I said he would make a fantastic bartender. Yeah there are occasional risks with that, but they really only exist after closing, then that is what Uber is for.

But being a hermit, with Twitter is dangerous. Sprinkle in a sports book and general gambling it can be crippling.

Load Metric

I'm sure your kid(s) are getting their needs met by other adults and your alcoholism isn't traumatizing them at all.

The point of my post is we are sick about hearing about your kids, your health ailments or your shitty ass $80,000 a year job. I lay 50-50 you are a female.

My point is you sound like a pansy, and no it did not start when you asked people to "enjoy" the new Spurs center. You are just a fucking weirdo.

Load Metric

The point of my post is we are sick about hearing about your kids, your health ailments or your shitty ass $80,000 a year job. I lay 50-50 you are a female.

My point is you sound like a pansy, and no it did not start when you asked people to "enjoy" the new Spurs center. You are just a fucking weirdo.
    Appreciate the feedback
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Joe whining about his broken ass bone was too much.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I get my first text about 7.30 am what time are you going to be the pub ?
    Leave Marry alone !!!
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Load Metric
    Can’t wait for the drunk shit posting.

Put the booze back down. You are too old to feel that bad anymore.

Speaking of boozers, where is Lester?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

100% guy is not athletic in any way shape or form. Gives me creep vibes a la 4dragons

Load Metric
    Pretty much what Sonatine said other than his oversimplification of political ideologies, and seriously, if you smoke cigarettes, start with cutting that shit out.

Comments

OK2: other than his oversimplification of political ideologies - good point VP

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    Pretty much what Sonatine said other than his oversimplification of political ideologies, and seriously, if you smoke cigarettes, start with cutting that shit out.
    you’re telling a guy quite possibly on the brink of ending it all to cut out the Parliaments? lmfao people on this forum never cease to amaze.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    you’re telling a guy quite possibly on the brink of ending it all to cut out the Parliaments? lmfao people on this forum never cease to amaze.
    Baby steps, moron. Obviously no one would ever consider Tyde quitting anything cold turkey. Don't you have some sort of rug or Ghalamzani to stare at and remind yourself of how great Persia used to be?

Comments

Krypt: ghalamzani is an incredible reference

Load Metric

100% guy is not athletic in any way shape or form. Gives me creep vibes a la 4dragons
    Ummm slops is very athletic,he has posted pics of feats few could do here. Stay with what ur good at, cheap whore stories.

Slops just needs to leave dumb lib shit behind.

Comments

Sloppy Joe:
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Be a hermit for a bit Tyde, best wishes.
    Being a hermit is the issue. Isolation causes addictions to spiral out of control. Look at Matt Perry, he said he was in his bliss popping 10 oxys and watching a movie on his couch by himself. Speaking from myself, I drink heavily when my family is out of town. As soon as the car leaves the drive way I am making Bloody Marys. Most weekends I am occupied and don't think about alcohol. But alone and in a quiet house, yeah the demons rear their head.

I believe Tyde needs a job surrounded by people. Like I said he would make a fantastic bartender. Yeah there are occasional risks with that, but they really only exist after closing, then that is what Uber is for.

But being a hermit, with Twitter is dangerous. Sprinkle in a sports book and general gambling it can be crippling.
    Lol, Twitter and DraftKings. I’m talking about being a hermit not a young millennial in mom’s basement wanking and eating tendies.

No self respecting hermit has Wi-Fi. Being off the grid is an essential element.

I love these semi regular New England hermit stories. Maybe I mean envious

Loss, Love, and the New Hampshire Hermit Who Went Viral
    https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/...pshire-hermit/

Edit:
    I snapped this off too quick. I got my hermit stories confused. Fun read but mid grade hermit.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-11-2023 at 06:34 PM.

Load Metric
    Sloppy and the Wormhole on Netflix

Name:  IMG_7347.jpeg
Views: 126
Size:  94.3 KB

Kid was in Nepal (among others) living off Wormhole NFL picks

Load Metric

I climb mountains and run nightly you Persian knob.

Hope you found an adequate Miami Hampton Inn, seems like your parents stopped floating you. Bad beat.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Really nice post by Sonantine, it made me reflect a lot about my own life as tyde and I have a ton of similarities

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Really nice post by Sonantine, it made me reflect a lot about my own life as tyde and I have a ton of similarities
    Post the 300k or GTFO, brah.

Comments

OK2:

Thread Information