Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taylor Swift -- good or bad role model for girls?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Always thought her face and body were nothing special

Only guys with no taste get worked up about this best looking girl at the mcdonalds i'm in currently level ho
    RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Absolutely nobody gives a shit about Her from a political standpoint.

Nobody is complaining about her being shown in the crowd.

The whole thing is a strawman to get weak minded people to view clickbait on a total non story.
    Multiple Fox News hosts appears to give a shit and complain. They might have an idea about what their viewers want to click on or view over and over. And keep their ad revenue rolling in.

I swear the boomers and gen-x are deathly afraid of everyone younger than themselves. And don't want to see the youngsters vote. Good luck.

The reason all workers deserve a living wage is because all workers need to be alive. Not very complex.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Absolutely nobody gives a shit about Her from a political standpoint.

Nobody is complaining about her being shown in the crowd.

The whole thing is a strawman to get weak minded people to view clickbait on a total non story.
    Multiple Fox News hosts appears to give a shit and complain. They might have an idea about what their viewers want to click on or view over and over. And keep their ad revenue rolling in.

I swear the boomers and gen-x are deathly afraid of everyone younger than themselves. And don't want to see the youngsters vote. Good luck.

Congrats. You got me to watch the first minute of that. To be fair most of it except for the boob at the end of the first minute was either saying I dont give a shit, or saying some sort of satire like the commish set this up or whats going to hurt more when she dumps him or when he dies from the jab….. the last guy has SDS for sure. But just like i don't think most liberals are just like the monsters from The View I don't think most conservatives are represented by whoever is on Fox.

That said and as you correctly said Im sure all of these idiots will say whatever it takes to drive clicks or viewing hours. So I am willing to believe there are people on Fox Panning Swift and Kelce and there is probably counter Pan on MSNBC……. But nobody sitting at home gives a shit about any of it. Its not a real story.

Gold
    Load Metric

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    There has been some debate on Twitter recently whether Taylor Swift is a good or bad role model for girls and young women.

The points raised in her favor:

- She is a self-made billionaire

- She is authentic, and had a big hand in writing her own songs

- She is known to treat her assistants/staff very well, and is friendly/accessible to fans

- She has a wholesome look, and her songs do not promote promiscuity, drug use, or any destructive behavior

- She will occasionally use her influence to stand up for the little guy, such as when she threatened to pull her music from Apple iTunes unless they treated small artists more fairly

The points against her:

- She is almost 33, childless, never married, and does not seem to be headed to settle down, despite having an insane amount of money already

- Her songs often present a depressing and sometimes hopeless look into romantic relationships

- Despite her wealth and fame, she somewhat projects a perpetual unhappiness and frustration with life

- She has sold out to the Hollywood left and started parroting left wing propaganda, after many years of staying outwardly apolitical

So it's an interesting debate. On one hand, she seems kind, hardworking, immensely successful, wholesome and empathetic -- all great attributes for a role model. However, she also comes with an underlying depression and negativity which isn't healthy to emulate.

I also felt she shouldn't have caved in to the critics demanding she speak up about left wing politics. There's no reason she had to do that, and you can tell she's doing it reluctantly and saying what her friends/colleagues want her to say. Someone so influential and powerful in the industry should have told the political critics to fuck off. I do believe she's probably naturally on the left, but it was clear for a long time that she did not want that to infect her public persona, yet here we are.

But that aside, I think she actually is a good role model -- at least by today's standards, where girls and young women could do a lot worse. I also think her string of failed relationships isn't necessarily a bad thing for people to see. It's better to keep trying relationships and terminating them when they don't work, than to marry quickly and then regret it later.

I do think her critics have a point that she brings somewhat of a depressing presence -- the kind of person who can simply never be happy no matter what good fortunes they find. That's not the best look for a role model, but nobody's perfect, and if that's the biggest knock against her, it's not too bad.

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I heard the comment of, "If my song was dating her, and she was sitting right next to me and yelled the F-bomb, I would be very unhappy."

If Benjamin was in his 30s and dating a billionaire woman his own age, if she yelled the F-bomb, I would say, "As long as you stay with him, you can yell it out our window at 3am, I won't care."

Gold
    Load Metric
    I heard the comment of, "If my song was dating her, and she was sitting right next to me and yelled the F-bomb, I would be very unhappy."

If Benjamin was in his 30s and dating a billionaire woman his own age, if she yelled the F-bomb, I would say, "As long as you stay with him, you can yell it out our window at 3am, I won't care."

Admitting you would happily cuck to a loaded whore for financial considerations isn't jewish at all

Load Metric
    She's 34 - I've seen her type first hand. Though she is a billionaire, she doesn't seem that different than a typical upper class, millennial white woman at first glance. Those who hop from relationship to relationship like she has can be genuinely nice, even down to earth, but in every case where I've known someone comparable to her, there is some type of mental illness going on. Where she differs from the daddy-is-a-millionaire Texas blonde type to me is that there are hints at a bit of Machiavellianism in her. Like it wouldn't surprise me at all if she actually didn't give a shit about almost everything besides her own fame and public image. Who else has ever had 13 relationships, possibly strategically, with public figures by the time they are 34?
    Last edited by VaughnP; 02-01-2024 at 12:41 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    She's 34 - I've seen her type first hand. Though she is a billionaire, she doesn't seem that different than a typical upper class, millennial white woman at first glance. Those who hop from relationship to relationship like she has can be genuinely nice, even down to earth, but in every case where I've knows someone comparable to her, there is some type of mental illness going on. Where she differs from the daddy-is-a-millionaire Texas blonde type to me is that there are hints at a bit of Machiavellianism in her. Like it wouldn't surprise me at all if she actually didn't give a shit about almost everything besides her own fame and public image. Who else has ever had 13 relationships, possibly strategically, with public figures by the time they are 34?
    Its nice that you have time to post here while knowing the most famous people in the world.

Comments

VaughnP: Reading comprehension.

Sheesfaced:

splitthis: Gottem

nunbeater: Reading comprehension.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    you typed 11 pages on this todge my god who is your target audience here put this on twitter or something like what are you doing
    This OP has a Ben Shapiro aroma.

Both pure nonsense clickbait and super weird reflection on our times

Bro, woke up and choose violence not Taylor

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Nathan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Taylor Swift is fucking hot.

Hot women get everything in our society.

I wouldn't call Taylor Swift hot. Hot is Megan Fox. Taylor Swift is pretty in that girl next door type, like the kind a guy could bring to meet his Family. Megan is the Seductive type, the bad girl persona that you don't want to bring home to your family.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    Dems are working extra hard to get Taylor’s endorsement this election cycle. She has a lot of influence with young voters. The Swiftie faction. So dems and republicans alike are waiting with anticipation on what she’s going to do. Both sides would kiss her squarely in the ass on Main Street at high noon to get her endorsement.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Her endorsement might be coveted, but it's not going to win elections.

People are tired of being told by celebrities who to vote for. Hillary had all of Hollywood backing her, and she lost.

Load Metric
    ironically enough the right not fucking off when it came to abortion pretty much drove her to this, so this is basically a self inflicted wound from the GoP

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    didn't really read the thread but Taylor Swift is very hot

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    ironically enough the right not fucking off when it came to abortion pretty much drove her to this, so this is basically a self inflicted wound from the GoP
    The abortion thing by the GOP was a mistake, and I said it at the time. The GOP turned a winning issue (most of the country was and still is against late term abortion) into a losing one (by attacking Roe). The right play was to leave Roe alone and attack the Dems for all the blue states with laws permitting elective late term abortion, of which there are many. Bad politics there.

However, I think that was an excuse provided by Taylor as to why she finally got involved in political statements. I think the reality was that she caved to the pressure by her Hollywood friends to finally "speak up".

Load Metric
    There has been some debate on Twitter recently whether Taylor Swift is a good or bad role model for girls and young women.

The points raised in her favor:

- She is a self-made billionaire

- She is authentic, and had a big hand in writing her own songs

- She is known to treat her assistants/staff very well, and is friendly/accessible to fans

- She has a wholesome look, and her songs do not promote promiscuity, drug use, or any destructive behavior

- She will occasionally use her influence to stand up for the little guy, such as when she threatened to pull her music from Apple iTunes unless they treated small artists more fairly

The points against her:

- She is almost 33, childless, never married, and does not seem to be headed to settle down, despite having an insane amount of money already

- Her songs often present a depressing and sometimes hopeless look into romantic relationships

- Despite her wealth and fame, she somewhat projects a perpetual unhappiness and frustration with life

- She has sold out to the Hollywood left and started parroting left wing propaganda, after many years of staying outwardly apolitical

So it's an interesting debate. On one hand, she seems kind, hardworking, immensely successful, wholesome and empathetic -- all great attributes for a role model. However, she also comes with an underlying depression and negativity which isn't healthy to emulate.

I also felt she shouldn't have caved in to the critics demanding she speak up about left wing politics. There's no reason she had to do that, and you can tell she's doing it reluctantly and saying what her friends/colleagues want her to say. Someone so influential and powerful in the industry should have told the political critics to fuck off. I do believe she's probably naturally on the left, but it was clear for a long time that she did not want that to infect her public persona, yet here we are.

But that aside, I think she actually is a good role model -- at least by today's standards, where girls and young women could do a lot worse. I also think her string of failed relationships isn't necessarily a bad thing for people to see. It's better to keep trying relationships and terminating them when they don't work, than to marry quickly and then regret it later.

I do think her critics have a point that she brings somewhat of a depressing presence -- the kind of person who can simply never be happy no matter what good fortunes they find. That's not the best look for a role model, but nobody's perfect, and if that's the biggest knock against her, it's not too bad.
    What a strange thread!

I'll respond to a few of the points against her (italicized = from the quote):

So what? Of what relevance is her marital status and/or parenting status to whether or not she is a role model? I don't even know that marriage is something to be aspired to, in and of itself, nor is it a strict requirement for living a good life. I suppose neither of us is Catholic, but would you consider nuns to be bad role models for not being married or having children?

I know, Taylor is definitely not a nun. Still, marriage/children as a criteria for someone being looked up to should have fallen out of favor in the 1950's; it's not particularly relevant.

Point for Taylor! If the kids grow up to have a negative attitude about romance, then they will be less likely to engage in pre-marital sex, and therefore, less likely to have children out of wedlock. Conservatives should love this!

You'll have to be more descriptive, but I'm going to tentatively say point for Taylor; the message conveyed is that even massive amounts of money don't cure all woes.

First of all, I'd suggest, 'Sold out,' is a bit harsh; she could have always had generally liberal leanings (demographically, that would make total sense) and was just quiet about them early in her career. Given that she is a pop star and her fans (I assume) are mostly young girls and women, if nothing else, being somewhat outspoken about her liberal leanings (assuming they are her legitimate beliefs) is just good business---that's where her fans, demographically speaking, are likely to be on the political spectrum.

I guess the difference between that being, 'Selling out,' or not, is whether or not that's where she is politically anyway. If she didn't deliberately change her political viewpoints to cater to her fanbase, but instead, simply became more outspoken as society has changed and her fanbase would tolerate, if not encourage, this behavior---then it's not selling out.

Overall, we agree. I think being a role model for impressionable people is, first and foremost, about how you treat people---and per your pros, she seems to treat people pretty well.
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    She is pretty but not hot, although she is getting better looking as she has gained some weight.

Load Metric
    The abortion thing by the GOP was a mistake, and I said it at the time. The GOP turned a winning issue (most of the country was and still is against late term abortion) into a losing one (by attacking Roe). The right play was to leave Roe alone and attack the Dems for all the blue states with laws permitting elective late term abortion, of which there are many. Bad politics there.

However, I think that was an excuse provided by Taylor as to why she finally got involved in political statements. I think the reality was that she caved to the pressure by her Hollywood friends to finally "speak up".
    dude her Hollywood friends (lol whatever the fuck that means) are the ones that are telling her to be quiet so as not to affect sales. And thinking of restricting abortion rights as an "excuse" is so on brand with you who would believe Marty when he says he's sober before a woman when she says she was raped. Women are literally dying as a result of these dumb shit laws, that's a bit more motivating than just being "an excuse". The most hilarious part is how bad she is tilting you republicans even though she is just telling people to get out and vote, not who to vote for.

Comments

Mission146:

Load Metric

dude her Hollywood friends (lol whatever the fuck that means) are the ones that are telling her to be quiet so as not to affect sales. And thinking of restricting abortion rights as an "excuse" is so on brand with you who would believe Marty when he says he's sober before a woman when she says she was raped. Women are literally dying as a result of these dumb shit laws, that's a bit more motivating than just being "an excuse". The most hilarious part is how bad she is tilting you republicans even though she is just telling people to get out and vote, not who to vote for.
    It would be better if she'd at least try to brainwash her fans into who and what to vote for. I've never understood celebrities who encourage voting for the sake of voting, campaigns such as Rock the Vote, etc...

What's the purpose of having a bunch of ill-informed retards out there casting ballots without actually being able to articulate a political position, why they support it and why they think their preferred candidate is going to effectuate those ends? You have to figure that some 50-75% of the electorate is made up of a bunch of hopeless retards who wouldn't be able to understand political nuance even if they were actively trying to do so. Your average MAGA voter, for example.

That's not to say that these retards who have been out of high school for less than three minutes are any better; they're definitely not any better. However, their ignorance is due to youth, as opposed to pure stupidity, so I can kind of tolerate the Far Left young idiots who have been in college for ten minutes and mistakenly believe that they've cracked the code for the way the entire world works; (Most) Evangelical Conservatives, in contrast, are simply retards at any age.

With that, I don't think there's anything worse than just blindly trying to increase turnout; why and to what end? There's no benefit in more people voting, in and of itself; the only change to the voting body that might actually be beneficial is if only somewhat informed people would vote.
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Thread Information