Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2024 Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I saw the same video about the Royals being suspected of cheating at home.

After the 2017 Astros, anything is possible.

But of course many MLB teams have tremendous home/road disparities, some for tangible reasons (Rockies), others just because they play better at home. Could just be an extreme this year with the Royals and their hitting.

Definitely something to watch though... and perhaps bet on?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

But of course many MLB teams have tremendous home/road disparities, some for tangible reasons (Rockies), others just because they play better at home. Could just be an extreme this year with the Royals and their hitting.

I thought the same thing. I have bet on the Royals a lot this year but started thinking about home/road w/l and k props home/road given the sample size of half a season. I didn't jump into conversation without evidence because we could be cheating as easily as they are if one simply wanted to look at being elite at home. I just found it interesting to be 1st in home average and 29th on the road. Thats quite the disparity.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I thought the same thing. I have bet on the Royals a lot this year but started thinking about home/road w/l and k props home/road given the sample size of half a season. I didn't jump into conversation without evidence because we could be cheating as easily as they are if one simply wanted to look at being elite at home. I just found it interesting to be 1st in home average and 29th on the road. Thats quite the disparity.
    Havent seen the video but I doubt there is anything egregiously shady going on. Talking about 40 games, easy to have disparities. Road teams hit better at Kauffman also, its the third best park for total offense over the last 3 years, despite suppressing home runs.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leade...t-park-factors

Then you mix in individual player preferences, maybe Witt and Sal and others really prefer the park. Now Dodger OF Teoscar Hernandez played last year in Seattle, his only year with the team, and was dreadful at home. He said after the season he had trouble actually seeing the ball there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Havent seen the video but I doubt there is anything egregiously shady going on. Talking about 40 games, easy to have disparities. Road teams hit better at Kauffman also, its the third best park for total offense over the last 3 years, despite suppressing home runs.

Then you mix in individual player preferences, maybe Witt and Sal and others really prefer the park. Now Dodger OF Teoscar Hernandez played last year in Seattle, his only year with the team, and was dreadful at home. He said after the season he had trouble actually seeing the ball there.
    That makes sense. I don't think of Kauffman as hitters park, but clearly it is. It's easy to cry cheating when a team is kicking your ass, but looked at our home record and didn't feel ready to throw stones.

Load Metric

That makes sense. I don't think of Kauffman as hitters park, but clearly it is. It's easy to cry cheating when a team is kicking your ass, but looked at our home record and didn't feel ready to throw stones.
    Its funny how much of a difference 10 feet can make. Thats basically the difference at any given point in the OF between KC and the Reds stadium, and they play completely opposite. Both hitters parks, KC all 1B, 2B, and 3B. Cincy is HR heaven.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1dollarboxcar View Post
    David USF: Hey rocket scientist, it means they've been blown out a lot.
    huh.. no shit you fucking fag tard AIDS carrying mother fucker... they are also the only MLB team that is above .500 with a negative(-) run differential at the moment... i am also aware there have been teams in the past that actually made the playoffs with a negative run differential... don't hit yourself in the face too hard next time...ok...
    LOL TRIGGERED. Keep riding the tilt-a-whirl, LOSER.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tim Anderson released by the Marlins.

Ouch!

He was hitting .214 with 0 HR in 234 AB. Keep in mind that in 2021, he hit .309 with 17 HR. What a fall!

Marlins stupidly wasted $5m on him. It was clear this year was going to be full of fail, as his 2023 was also terrible, and he was showing no signs of bouncing back.

Jose Abreu, another 2021 White Sox star, was released in mid-June, has he sported a .124 average through 113 AB. He had 30 HR in 2021 and a .261 average.

Load Metric
    Tim Anderson released by the Marlins.

Ouch!

He was hitting .214 with 0 HR in 234 AB. Keep in mind that in 2021, he hit .309 with 17 HR. What a fall!

Marlins stupidly wasted $5m on him. It was clear this year was going to be full of fail, as his 2023 was also terrible, and he was showing no signs of bouncing back.

Jose Abreu, another 2021 White Sox star, was released in mid-June, has he sported a .124 average through 113 AB. He had 30 HR in 2021 and a .261 average.
    The $5m did seem high to me at the time, I'm not sure they were bidding against anyone that late into free agency. Regardless, its a fine gamble to try to milk some prospect help with a future trade. Those gambits only work like 20% of the time (guy looks cooked for longer than a year, probably cooked), but that generally makes it a decent return in the grand scheme of things.

Nats been doing it since trading Soto, they hit with Candelerio last year and got a decent pitching prospect at the deadline.

I think like the 10th paragraph, when in the future discussing Jose Ramirez's HOF credentials, should say "literally knocked out Tim Anderson's career".

Comments

BCR: Reason 1003 why I love Jose.

Load Metric
    Guardians feel overvalued tonight at -220. Hard to argue with their home record, but I was in Columbus for one of Gavins rehab starts when Kwan was down rehabbing, and he got banged around. Think it was his first start back, but this kid from White Sox has been rare bright spot for them.

Had a few props I liked, but the weather looks ominous until around 9. With first start for Williams, if they start game, could get messy as they are going to be super conservative and likely turn into bullpen game and bullpen has been used a lot.

Cleveland weather is weird. Itís only an hour north, but really unpredictable coming off lake. It can miss despite radar looking bad or hit full go.

Anyone feel strongly about something else?

Comments

Sanlmar:

Load Metric
    Guardians feel overvalued tonight at -220. Hard to argue with their home record, but I was in Columbus for one of Gavins rehab starts when Kwan was down rehabbing, and he got banged around. Think it was his first start back, but this kid from White Sox has been rare bright spot for them.

Had a few props I liked, but the weather looks ominous until around 9. With first start for Williams, if they start game, could get messy as they are going to be super conservative and likely turn into bullpen game and bullpen has been used a lot.

Cleveland weather is weird. It’s only an hour north, but really unpredictable coming off lake. It can miss despite radar looking bad or hit full go.

Anyone feel strongly about something else?
    Manifesting gratitude. Whatever that means

I saw your post late and wondered why I didn’t act. You spurred me to action if late. It was 1-0 CWS

Name:  IMG_0439.jpeg
Views: 76
Size:  94.3 KB

Comments

BCR: Glad I could finally tip you to a good spot for once. Went according to script.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Gimme the Phillies and Wheeler at -108.
    Seems chalky af but Iíll gladly fade Imanaga and the Cubbies

Currently have ChiSox, Pirates and Mets. Loved my Sox play after I saw BCR was against his very good Indians team.

Comments

Sanlmar:

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Added Royals -102 and Twins -165 first5

Have always hated Wacha but feel it has value at that price.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by padre33 View Post
    Seems chalky af but I’ll gladly fade Imanaga and the Cubbies

Currently have ChiSox, Pirates and Mets. Loved my Sox play after I saw BCR was against his very good Indians team.
    I did Phillies too. League might now have a book on Shota’s stuff. Phillies skilled enough to act on it.

annnd…. AZ vs LAD

time to short Stone and gawd almighty Mena. Stone has pitched to a dreadful assortment of bum teams (Dodgers can’t choose opponents). The line has actually declined a smidge since last night and that is curious now that Mena is confirmed.

I have been using Both Teams To Score BTTS a lot recently. I did F7 BTTS 2+ -150 & F7 BTTS 3+ +155(DK)

1st X Innings - found up top

Ohtani is not human - MVP despite being a DH? He is…. maybe not at the prices avail now but this offense dies immediately without him.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by padre33 View Post
    Seems chalky af but Iíll gladly fade Imanaga and the Cubbies

I did Phillies too. League might now have a book on Shotaís stuff. Phillies skilled enough to act on it.

annndÖ. AZ vs LAD

time to short Stone and gawd almighty Mena. Stone has pitched to a dreadful assortment of bum teams (Dodgers canít choose opponents). The line has actually declined a smidge since last night and that is curious now that Mena is confirmed.

I have been using Both Teams To Score BTTS a lot recently. I did F7 BTTS 2+ -150 & F7 BTTS 3+ +155(DK)

1st X Innings - found up top

Ohtani is not human - MVP despite being a DH? He isÖ. maybe not at the prices avail now but this offense dies immediately without him.

3 runs is not going to be enough San. We need to add on sometime.

Dbacks over 9 even
    Orioles +130
    Kramer over 4.5 k

Load Metric
    I can’t tell you how much joy my Tribe has brought me this year. Jose has been a gift now for a long time. Naylor brothers are so likable. Kwan’s emergence is pure bliss. A kid who is 5’9 170 soaking wet and has spent the last two years starting a chess club in the clubhouse and spending hours playing with local high school chess teams.

Heard a local radio interview about him starting to demonstrate some power and hitting .315 with two strikes and he starts comparing it to chess decisions and when to make swings with calculated aggression on the inside of the plate and when to protect and it just made me wish I had a daughter to marry off to him. This is the first team in a long time where I think it possible they could be real come the playoffs if they can get the starting pitching straightened out.

Comments

gut: The closest to an IRL Major League Tribe team

Load Metric
    I can’t tell you how much joy my Tribe has brought me this year. Jose has been a gift now for a long time. Naylor brothers are so likable. Kwan’s emergence is pure bliss. A kid who is 5’9 170 soaking wet and has spent the last two years starting a chess club in the clubhouse and spending hours playing with local high school chess teams.

Heard a local radio interview about him starting to demonstrate some power and hitting .315 with two strikes and he starts comparing it to chess decisions and when to make swings with calculated aggression on the inside of the plate and when to protect and it just made me wish I had a daughter to marry off to him. This is the first team in a long time where I think it possible they could be real come the playoffs if they can get the starting pitching straightened out.
    I wish they were in another division, lol. Fun to see, even for me.

Lewis hurt again, getting ever closer to fulfilling the 21st century Twins prophecy for star players. Daly probably excited for his card collection that Lee called up though. Hasn't looked overwhelmed, 3-6 so for, albeit all singles.

Ironically, Fangraphs had a post about Lewis and his odd swing the day before he reinjured himself. They never really alluded to his swing being a reason, probably because before this he was technically either running or fielding the moment he suffered the injuries. The extreme twisting of his legs while swinging certainly can't help, in my amateur opinion.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/can-royc...ntact-quality/

Comments

BCR: Twins curse is really turning ibto a thing

Load Metric
    I canít tell you how much joy my Tribe has brought me this year. Jose has been a gift now for a long time. Naylor brothers are so likable. Kwanís emergence is pure bliss. A kid who is 5í9 170 soaking wet and has spent the last two years starting a chess club in the clubhouse and spending hours playing with local high school chess teams.

Lewis hurt again, getting ever closer to fulfilling the 21st century Twins prophecy for star players. Daly probably excited for his card collection that Lee called up though. Hasn't looked overwhelmed, 3-6 so for, albeit all singles.

Ironically, Fangraphs had a post about Lewis and his odd swing the day before he reinjured himself. They never really alluded to his swing being a reason, probably because before this he was technically either running or fielding the moment he suffered the injuries. The extreme twisting of his legs while swinging certainly can't help, in my amateur opinion.

I feel bad for Lewis because it sounds like he's investing a lot of time trying to stay healthy. Saw interview saying he is there five hours early working with trainers to stay healthy and yet keeps getting hurt. Twins are quite good. I write them off and then they get hot again and are within striking distance. Really pretty impressive to be 11 over given their constant injuries. Been a fun division to follow this year.

Load Metric

I feel bad for Lewis because it sounds like he's investing a lot of time trying to stay healthy. Saw interview saying he is there five hours early working with trainers to stay healthy and yet keeps getting hurt. Twins are quite good. I write them off and then they get hot again and are within striking distance. Really pretty impressive to be 11 over given their constant injuries. Been a fun division to follow this year.
    I mentioned him earlier in this thread, but its all Willi Castro. I would wager most Twins coaches and players would label him team MVP so far. Played every game, due to injuries started most of them. Correa hurt? Now he's the shortstop for a couple weeks. Buxton out? Willi Castro new CF.

Most utility guys tend to be weak bats, but he has a 126 OPS+ so far this season. Really should be an all-star, but I doubt it will happen.

We're only 90 games into the season, and Castro has become the 1st player in MLB history (!) to log appearances in at least 20 games at each of 2B, SS, 3B, LF, CF. His versatility (and not being affected by swapping positions mid-game) opens up the full usage of pinch-hitters for Baldelli, and I think the Twins pinch hit more than any team in MLB.

Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/AaronGleeman/status/1810515421352616221

Only a matter of time before he catches the bubonic plague.

Load Metric
    Dodgers Bobby Thriller. Oof

October and real baseball canít come quick enough.

Thread Information