1 10.00%
  • Jayjami: TDS anger, falls off bridge

1 10.00%
  • garrett: jail death

0 0%
  • DJ Chaps: 2 simultaneous ice picks in temples

2 20.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the first regular PFA poster to die?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Harsh life being a Skatz poster.

So from the above, I can infer that IndianaSlim, blake, scuter, rum dick, and mwh72 may all have croaked? Isn't that like 70% of the skatz userbase?

And none of these guys are older than me.

At least on PFA, our dead were all old, aside from shoeshine box, but even he was 58.

It hasn't been that long since rum dick posted, Mwh was around before football season, but as for the rest, I would say there's a high chance Jim actually is dead. Blake possibly too but more likely woke bitterness that amplified after him having a mixed race kid is what's keeping him away, and as for Scooter, he was only maybe 10-12 years older than myself and in good physical health but suicide, drug overdose, prison, or being institutionalized are all on the table - dude went off the rails after abusing actual prescription meth, adderall, etc.

scooter moved back to australia and was doing fine not so long ago, i doubt thats changed significantly since.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

It hasn't been that long since rum dick posted, Mwh was around before football season, but as for the rest, I would say there's a high chance Jim actually is dead. Blake possibly too but more likely woke bitterness that amplified after him having a mixed race kid is what's keeping him away, and as for Scooter, he was only maybe 10-12 years older than myself and in good physical health but suicide, drug overdose, prison, or being institutionalized are all on the table - dude went off the rails after abusing actual prescription meth, adderall, etc.

scooter moved back to australia and was doing fine not so long ago, i doubt thats changed significantly since.
    Hopefully he stays off the amphetamines. He was giving off serious mass shooter vibes for awhile there. Like we were 99% of the way to them finding his "toddler" manifesto and a subsequent full blown investigation into his posting history on Skatz.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    blake just got cucked into oblivion jim and scuter are the two we lost from the family if theres a god rum dick is dead

So from the above, I can infer that IndianaSlim, blake, scuter, rum dick, and mwh72 may all have croaked? Isn't that like 70% of the skatz userbase?

At least on PFA, our dead were all old, aside from shoeshine box, but even he was 58.

Sorry to disappoint you Todd, but mwh is alive and well

I spoke with him just a few weeks ago, and he is still married to his beautiful wife, living in Mexico and doing quite well

Silver
    Load Metric
    CMoney - #NeverForget

Also pretty sure TheSpartan is dead.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

I spoke with him just a few weeks ago, and he is still married to his beautiful wife, living in Mexico and doing quite well
    How did you speak to him?

The skatz guys have said he’s been basically missing for a year or more, and none could reach him. But looks like Vaughn found him over the summer.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    CMoney - #NeverForget

Thesparten made a bit of contact a few weeks ago. He’s alive.

Banned
    Load Metric

The skatz guys have said he’s been basically missing for a year or more, and none could reach him. But looks like Vaughn found him over the summer.
    what do you mean ‘how did you speak to him’ ?

he called me up from Puerto Vallarta maybe two or three months ago

we talked for a while and that was about it

he’s alive and well and basically living like a rock star on the beaches of Mexico

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    CMoney - #NeverForget

Thesparten made a bit of contact a few weeks ago. He’s alive.
    Well, I’ll be.

Was he still waiting for a free roll payout?

Load Metric
    chaps not being -1450 to starve to death kindaaaaaaa destroys the legitimacy of this poll

Comments

tyde: bet the ranch

gauchojake: rofl

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

There was also a poster who died after an illness, something chronic. Began with an "E"
    You're talking about es0terix. He never made it to PFA, because he passed in 2009, and this site didn't start until 2012. Real name Justin Shronk.

He was another nice guy I was very upset to learn of his passing, though like shoeshine box, it also wasn't a huge surprise.

Justin wasn't terminal, and he was only 27, but he seemed to have lots of health problems. He had some kind of major scare earlier in 2009, which landed him in the hospital for a number of days. I visited him there, and he remarked that he was impressed with the care he received at the hospital, and that he was all better and going home soon. He claimed that he wasn't worried about a recurrence of whatever happened.

Then in April 2009. he was found dead. Unlike other poker players who died young, Justin did not have a substance abuse problem, nor was this a suicide. He just ran really bad healthwise.

His dad died when he was a boy, so presumably he inherited some hereditary health issues and was basically a ticking time bomb to die young. Prior to the health problems ramping up in 2008 or so, he never mentioned having them, but later he admitted that he had been battling with health issues for quite some time. Very sad.

RIP es0terix.

He's eating fries on the bed in heaven now.
    I still have the t shirt he designed that says "Steve Dannenmann Kills Hookers"

Wonder what happened to his buddy Walt

RIP

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

he’s alive and well and basically living like a rock star on the beaches of Mexico
    Not sure if you know this, but we put our issues behind us many years ago, and he's presently a PFA member in good standing.

Did he explain why he vanished for so long? The guys from Skatz legit thought he was either dead or in jail.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Did anyone ever know IndianaSlim's real full name?

He was a younger guy, right? Like, at this point nobody is young if they were around NWP in 2004, but I mean young compared to the rest of us.

If you know his real name, there are some ways to research if he's dead, beyond just the usual googling of obituaries. That's how I eventually verified Sonny's death, after I was curious enough about his abrupt disappearance. He also didn't have the exact name he stated here, so that also presented a challenge, but I deduced his real name. Dude finally had his dream retirement in Mexico (even got $1200 from the airline when bumped off the flight going there), and then croaked a short time later. Bad beat.

Load Metric
    How the hell did I get left off this poll. I already nearly died 2 1/2 yrs ago already.

Comments

splitthis: Not serious, is a tgull troll patrol

Banned
    Load Metric

Not sure if you know this, but we put our issues behind us many years ago, and he's presently a PFA member in good standing.

Did he explain why he vanished for so long? The guys from Skatz legit thought he was either dead or in jail.
    I know his account is in good standing I just noticed him lurking in some random thread I’m like holy shit its mwh

he didn’t mention anything too specific about vanishing and I didn’t ask…we just bullshitted about this and that for a while…

nothing too Earth shattering

but no mwh is not dead because mwh is GOD

Load Metric

He was a younger guy, right? Like, at this point nobody is young if they were around NWP in 2004, but I mean young compared to the rest of us.

If you know his real name, there are some ways to research if he's dead, beyond just the usual googling of obituaries. That's how I eventually verified Sonny's death, after I was curious enough about his abrupt disappearance. He also didn't have the exact name he stated here, so that also presented a challenge, but I deduced his real name. Dude finally had his dream retirement in Mexico (even got $1200 from the airline when bumped off the flight going there), and then croaked a short time later. Bad beat.
    I was probably the youngest regular poster (at least that stuck around for years) by a decade back when I joined NWP. I was still in high school. I remember IndianaSlim/Jim posting a picture of himself in a childhood pics thread in the NWP VIP forum. Pretty sure it was legit. He was probably somewhere around 12 in the pic and dressed in late 80s/very early 90s style. That would put him somewhere around 45 now. That dude never really divulged anything personal, but he was legitimately some kind of web traffic/SEO savant. I don't know if anyone actually knew anything about him outside of the forums. I was told a few times that he was actually a cousin of Micon, but I'm not sure how true that is (I find that highly doubtful but he did troll Micon relentlessly and was from the same state).

Load Metric
    4dragons to be shanked in the slammer?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Speaking of which, he got released, then violated probation by going online, then got thrown back in the slammer.

That’s where he sits today.

Comments

Tellafriend: it is a real mental disorder

splitthis: Did he come back here?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I was probably the youngest regular poster (at least that stuck around for years) by a decade back when I joined NWP. I was still in high school. I remember IndianaSlim/Jim posting a picture of himself in a childhood pics thread in the NWP VIP forum. Pretty sure it was legit. He was probably somewhere around 12 in the pic and dressed in late 80s/very early 90s style. That would put him somewhere around 45 now. That dude never really divulged anything personal, but he was legitimately some kind of web traffic/SEO savant. I don't know if anyone actually knew anything about him outside of the forums. I was told a few times that he was actually a cousin of Micon, but I'm not sure how true that is (I find that highly doubtful but he did troll Micon relentlessly and was from the same state).
    Not a Micon cousin.

Micon was close to banning him at one point circa 2008. I talked Micon out of it. Micon asked if I knew who it was in real life, and I told him that I didn’t, and that I assumed it wasn’t anyone known at all in poker.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Speaking of which, he got released, then violated probation by going online, then got thrown back in the slammer.

That’s where he sits today.
    There’s no “curing” or “rehabilitating” pedos.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    We had other high schoolers on NWP.

cth was 16 but pretended to be a mid-20s black guy. He later credited NWP for helping him socially, as he was very overweight in high school and felt isolated. He was very mature for 16, and nobody suspected he was young.

The current poster “OK2”, who I won’t out, posted on NWP as young as 14. However he wasn’t all that prominent, and never said his age at the time.

Mikelikewhoaaa was 16, from Vegas, and admitted to being 16. At one point Barry hired him to help move, if I remember correctly. Mike’s mom was aware of both NWP and the fact that he played online poker under one of his parent’s names.

Thread Information