Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DeSantis and Newsom debate tonight 9 ET on Fox News 11-30-23, Sean Hannity moderates

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I finally broke down and watched the awful Brian Tyler Cohen version of the debate, where that soy idiot sits in the background and makes mocking remarks about DeSantis the entire time. Not what I wanted, but I simply can't find it anywhere else. I don't know how Cohen is getting away with running this when it's Fox's property. He has over 500k views because it's the only option right now.

I've watched about 20 minutes so far. My impressions:

- This is a very DeSantis-biased debate. Every question is framed from a right wing standpoint, and putting Newsom on the defensive. If I were a Democrat, I would be pissed off watching it being moderated this way.

- Newsom is a smarmy, slick politician who won't answer a single question directly, and just quotes skewed stats his team prepared for him beforehand in order to distract people from his failures.

- DeSantis' one problem so far is constantly quoting unverifiable anecdotes about "former Californians" he has talked to. I never liked the "people have told me" form of debating.

- Otherwise, I don't think DeSantis is coming off badly. He's trying his best to get Newsom to answer directly, but Newsom is just too good at question dodging.

Bottom line is that anyone with sense can see that Newsom is absolutely full of shit, even if this debate is clearly shaded to make DeSantis look better.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I finally broke down and watched the awful Brian Tyler Cohen version of the debate, where that soy idiot sits in the background and makes mocking remarks about DeSantis the entire time. Not what I wanted, but I simply can't find it anywhere else. I don't know how Cohen is getting away with running this when it's Fox's property. He has over 500k views because it's the only option right now.

I've watched about 20 minutes so far. My impressions:

- This is a very DeSantis-biased debate. Every question is framed from a right wing standpoint, and putting Newsom on the defensive. If I were a Democrat, I would be pissed off watching it being moderated this way.

- Newsom is a smarmy, slick politician who won't answer a single question directly, and just quotes skewed stats his team prepared for him beforehand in order to distract people from his failures.

- DeSantis' one problem so far is constantly quoting unverifiable anecdotes about "former Californians" he has talked to. I never liked the "people have told me" form of debating.

- Otherwise, I don't think DeSantis is coming off badly. He's trying his best to get Newsom to answer directly, but Newsom is just too good at question dodging.

Bottom line is that anyone with sense can see that Newsom is absolutely full of shit, even if this debate is clearly shaded to make DeSantis look better.

why would newsom do anything but sit back and say nothing of substance? as you said, the format has no real goal but to lob pitches to desantis. if newsom does at some point have something to gain by actually responding to desantis, i expect he will do so.

like why would newsom even agree to this but to help desantis peel away support from trump?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    lol jesus christ, none of you see the play here?

https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1730413502106370515

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lolz

Fox smacked the fuck outta cuckboy Brian Tyler Cohen, and the debate video is gone. Guess I won’t be seeing the rest?

Load Metric
    its interesting to me that even drudgereport's poll shows 36% saying newsom won.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also, yes, Newsom is articulate and good looking, which is what allowed him to rise to his current level of power, despite his leadership shortcomings (which are massive).

Well, that and kissing ass to Willie Brown in the '90s.

But it doesn't take an AM radio listening conspiracist to see that California is in decline. The shrinking population, after decades of fast growth, isn't a coincidence.

honestly he gets a _ton_ of shit from people in california so its not like your accusations are baseless but i think he can just wave his hand at it all and say 'yeah its complicated' and thats going to be enough for people to see him as the next big thing once you factor in his competition being biden and trump.

and haley is going to look like an unhinged foreign agent version of hillary clinton next to him.

if the worst scandal on the books with newsom is him eating at french laundry during the pandemic, hes clocking 8 years in the oval starting pretty much whenever he wants.

Name:  Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 6.00.00 AM.png
Views: 80
Size:  28.1 KB

Load Metric
    LOL At all you stupid Gringos for watching this so called "debate". Why waste your time? Neither of these hombres will be their party's nominee. Instead, I was doing something more productive with my time. I was at the Heat game, enjoying mucho cervezas, watching the Heat beat the Pacers.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Newsom is just tabula rasa for woke left rhetoric. I posted in the TDS thread when he was on Carolla podcast 10 years ago running for re-election for Lt gov. He had no answers, just spouted rhetoric. A paper mache person who will fold in a slight breeze.
    No, I did not do my Carolla homework.

There is a saying, “hire character - you can teach the job - you can’t teach character”.

In debate you do not interrupt the opposition. You write notes you want to respond to. You wait your turn. In an actual debate (hutmaster can verify) you pulled note cards you had researched from your little file on the subject being debated and awaited your turn to slay.

Interrupting the opponent just makes you look awful to the judges (audience). You never win by interrupting. Just a turn off. Displays a lack of confidence and CHARACTER. Lacks gravitas

The lawyers here can verify this or tell me I’m shite.

DeSantis never actually saw the inside of a court room. It’s obvious. I think Bobblehead spent most of his time on the baseball diamond and not in moot court. Else nothing stuck. Smirking and all that is not the persona of the leader of the free world.

Styles makes fights (not facts alone)

DeSantis is such a retard it’s extremely difficult to watch. I didn’t. I will work on it bit by bit as only a minute or two is all I can take

Trump is/was in a class by himself as an entertainer and public speaker. Trump’s gift permitted him to win despite nonstandard play. DeSantis lacks presence or charisma and cannot get away with what Trump could.

Trump was a savant. He’s like those autistic kids who could just crawl up to a piano and bang out a concerto by ear. Trump was dumb as a rock but man he could play.

Newsom was right. These two guys are irrelevant

Thread Information